The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The rich get richer? Events like Imp City seems like farming for regulars and not inviting new pvps.

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
So one impression i've had while watching a number of these Twitch streams is that events like the Imperial City anniversary don't mean that people who haven't been able to get things like the soul shriven skin or stonefire scamp have a chance at getting them. It seems that people who already have them just keep farming them endlessly. I have them already myself but it's just the impression I got.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We must seize the means of production comrade.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this is more a function of the steep learning curve in PVP than a fault in the event.

PVP in ESO has a steep learning curve. There's a lot of basics about builds and fighting that's completely different for fighting real players as opposed to AI NPCs. Add that to the distaste many PVE-only players feel towards PVP, and its not that easy to jump right into PVP and expect to do well. Even experienced PVPers who practice and play a lot still die a lot.

Except thats exactly what many people do during events. Whether its the anniversary event, midyear mayhem, or Imperial City, many people expect to jump right into a PVP zone with minimal preparation or practice at PVP and want to do well.

Of course the experienced players who PVP or play Imperial City are going to do better than completely new-to-IC players who just came for a shot at the rewards! Getting to the center of the sewers is a challenge in its own right even before you reach Molag Bal. Once you have some experience, its gets a lot easier to farm the event.

There's a parallel here with the double VMA drops. Every year, the people who already farm VMA roll in and get their double drops no problem. Every year, new people try VMA and have to ask for helpful advice on different rounds, because VMA has a pretty tough learning curve for PVE content. No one is shocked when new players try VMA and get wrecked. With practice and experience, it gets a lot easier.

VMA is a lot more predictable than the challenges other players provide in Imperial City, so the PVP learning curve is even steeper. I'm never surprised when new players struggle with PVP because I remember my own struggles. It gets a lot better with practice and experience, but you have to be willing to actually practice and put some time into getting better at PVP. Trying to roll into IC with minimal prep for PVP during an event is probably not going to give you a very good experience.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    We must seize the means of production comrade.

Hard agree
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I

VMA is a lot more predictable than the challenges other players provide in Imperial City, so the PVP learning curve is even steeper. I'm never surprised when new players struggle with PVP because I remember my own struggles. It gets a lot better with practice and experience, but you have to be willing to actually practice and put some time into getting better at PVP. Trying to roll into IC with minimal prep for PVP during an event is probably not going to give you a very good experience.

Perfect analogy.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's trickle down tel var economics...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    it's trickle down tel var economics...

or being *** on.

ymmv, ofc.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this is more a function of the steep learning curve in PVP than a fault in the event.

PVP in ESO has a steep learning curve. There's a lot of basics about builds and fighting that's completely different for fighting real players as opposed to AI NPCs. Add that to the distaste many PVE-only players feel towards PVP, and its not that easy to jump right into PVP and expect to do well. Even experienced PVPers who practice and play a lot still die a lot.

Except thats exactly what many people do during events. Whether its the anniversary event, midyear mayhem, or Imperial City, many people expect to jump right into a PVP zone with minimal preparation or practice at PVP and want to do well.

Of course the experienced players who PVP or play Imperial City are going to do better than completely new-to-IC players who just came for a shot at the rewards! Getting to the center of the sewers is a challenge in its own right even before you reach Molag Bal. Once you have some experience, its gets a lot easier to farm the event.

There's a parallel here with the double VMA drops. Every year, the people who already farm VMA roll in and get their double drops no problem. Every year, new people try VMA and have to ask for helpful advice on different rounds, because VMA has a pretty tough learning curve for PVE content. No one is shocked when new players try VMA and get wrecked. With practice and experience, it gets a lot easier.

https://youtu.be/NraXZtHn6NE
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol pc and their add ons. DODGE NOW!

Is this event meant to bring in new pvper? I didnt know that. I enjooy IPC And sewers for their pve content more so than the pvp aspect. Midyear Mayhem brought in alot of new pvpers event if they were just farming for AP. If the pvp community wasnt so toxic more people would participate.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Lol pc and their add ons. DODGE NOW!

Is this event meant to bring in new pvper? I didnt know that. I enjooy IPC And sewers for their pve content more so than the pvp aspect. Midyear Mayhem brought in alot of new pvpers event if they were just farming for AP. If the pvp community wasnt so toxic more people would participate.

PvE community is honestly way more toxic imo PC NA. I know people who have literally quit the game, changed their @ name and toon names, etc because of pve toxicity.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even ESO's #1 streamer isn't interested in the IC event, says it all.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Even ESO's #1 streamer isn't interested in the IC event, says it all.

no, not really :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The IC dlc is an interesting place. If you want to farm Telvar and key frags it has been my experience that you need a PvE set up to be efficient, but you'll be curb stomped should you encounter a ganker and such.

This is the only time of year these days that gankers can find targets in the IC and sewers, so they rake in the telvar farming players.

And PvE'rs don't like losing stuff they worked for, like telvar stones, so they are turned off from the IC dlc. Those of use who pvp regularly accept this risk and have the funds to buy those recall stones to keep our telvar...not that there is much to spend telvar on IMO.

However, I think most of us can agree that having only the top 12 DD's get loot from Molag Bal is BS. But I have found that a beamplar can help get you into that top 12 lol.

Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+