The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

bloodthirsty v arcane

• reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »
    Have ran quite a few dungeons with test dummy heros..

Usual case is me ending up doing 45-48% of the DPS, healer doing 17-20% and the test dummy hero doing 36%.

You can fish for higher than median crit epeen posts but when it counts on a boss, most often than not, they underperform.

(X) doubt

What is there to doubt? I am talking about test dummy heroes who can do stationary parses well but add in a bit of movement and one mechanic and their DPS drops.

Not talking about the good players who do test dummy parses that high and actually hit 50k+ on mechanic intensive fights as well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Back on topic

Arcane
    3x Arcane is 2520 max mag (purple jewelry), that is equal's to ~240 extra spell damage, that can be buffed by racial passives (+10%) or Warhorn (+10%), so ~290 with that buffs. Would be 301 with gold jewelry and 20% buff

Infused
    3x Infused is ~261 extra spell damage (purple jewelry with 3x gold spell damage enchs), that can be buffed by Maj Sorcery (+20% or ~313). Would be 312 with gold jewelry and 374 with buff

So if compare Arcane vs Infused: Infused is a bit better for DPS (especially, for races without max mag passives), Arcane - for survivability (stronger shields) and sustain

Bloodthirsty is a different story.
    3x Blood is a raw 30% damage increase at targets lower than 25% health for the cost of ~374 (in the best case or 300 in the most common) spell damage lost.
    it's hard to notice 300 less spell power.
    But 30% damage boost is a frkn huge, especially for hardest content, where bosses has dozens of millions hitpoints

The usefulness of this information is situational.

For one, mag Sorc pet builds would do better with arcane over infused without question since spell damage does little for them. Granted, we really don’t use pets with high end raiding but many players still do use them. Also, not sure how the warden pet scales.

Further, it’s often a mix that performs better such as one bloodthirsty and the other two pieces arcane or infused.

Regardless, most of us would find much better results just working on the delivery of our rotation. That’s more important that the sets we wear or traits of n our jewelry.
    Edited by idk on September 4, 2018 4:17PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet's damage is ~15-20% of overall damage. Not a big deal.

Also, we are talking about overall comparison, not for specific builds

Yes, having a mix 1blood/2inf or 2blood/1inf would be a wise choice for a most cases
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic

Arcane
    3x Arcane is 2520 max mag (purple jewelry), that is equal's to ~240 extra spell damage, that can be buffed by racial passives (+10%) or Warhorn (+10%), so ~290 with that buffs. Would be 301 with gold jewelry and 20% buff

Isn't there also +20% magicka multiplier from CPs, + 7% from slotting Inner Light, +6% from Undaunted, +8% for Nightblades with a Siphoning Skill / 8% for Sorcs with another skill slotted?

I mean... stacking magicka from 2-4 item set pieces and Arcane Jewelry isn't all that far from BIS.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on September 4, 2018 4:39PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    Half the community will call me stupid for running a non meta, heavy attack based MagDK build. They say "only PetSorcs are viable for heavy attack builds, you'll never be raid material". Guess what, a heavy attack non meta MakDK works. Is viable and pulls awesome numbers. Has zero resource management issues.

The point i'm making is don't call someone stupid cos your opinion on the matter is different @Vrany69 , instead you should try explaining why it doesnt work and back it up with facts and numbers.

That being said, i'm a firm believer that anything can be made to work, case in point with my MagDK, so @Syiccal i would say give it a go if you're able to and see how it fairs. You never know, it may just give you an pleasantly surprising results.

Also, see as i talked about backing up with facts and figures, here's my DK build @Vrany69 just so you can see. I look forward to your response to this if its anything like your above comment ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h92S0f9Sipg&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: The build is still viable with this setup and produces the same results in Wolfhunter. I'll be updating CP changes accordingly soon.

I hate to tell you bro but 40k isn’t very good nowadays. I just hit 57k solo on my magblade. So 40k is 42% lower dps....

25-30k can still do ANY content in the game. More dps just gives you a buffer to mess up mechs as well as skip mechs.

Plus level that out with other classes it's 52-53k. Besides... proof?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, having a mix 1blood/2inf or 2blood/1inf would be a wise choice for a most cases

And my point was it’s bu I’d speicic what would perform best. With that it is a big deal. Otherwise why would someone be concerned.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    has any one ran the numbers on a magplar. With the buff to RD is it worth running 1 bloodthirsty to squeeze abit more out of it

Always worth running 1x bloodthirsty on mag dps, since it's a raw dps increase. Running more is situational, and dependent on an execute. No point gimping yourself 3/4 of the time to boost damage in the shortest part of the fight unless you've got a hard hitting ability.

Plus arcane gives bigger shields & slight resource management.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic

Arcane

Isn't there also +20% magicka multiplier from CPs, + 7% from slotting Inner Light, +6% from Undaunted, +8% for Nightblades with a Siphoning Skill / 8% for Sorcs with another skill slotted?

I mean... stacking magicka from 2-4 item set pieces and Arcane Jewelry isn't all that far from BIS.

I think, in the best case you can reach Infused level with Arcane jewelry

But Bloodthristy is completely different story

idk wrote: »

And my point was it’s bu I’d speicic what would perform best. With that it is a big deal. Otherwise why would someone be concerned.

And my point was, that if instead of 15-20% damage it would be 13-18% and this is not a big deal, because all other Sorcs damage would be increased.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty all the way.

And to weigh in on @Cybercore_Death.. you do see the drawback to your build in any trial content right? 40k self-buffed is not good when your raid dps with group buffs will only be 1/4 of what everyone else is pushing. The thing about heavy attack builds is that they’re too reliant on the heavy attack. Try performing any mechanically intensive fight with a channeled ability and you’ll notice this is not the build to use. What happens when you need to move out of range of boss/adds or block? Your cast is interrupted and dps suffers tremendously.

It may be great for solo or some vet dungeons, but tough challenging content... not so much.
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on September 4, 2018 9:41PM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If in doubt on how it will affect your build download the PTS and test your parses in there with different setups, I've saved myself millions by testing things on the PTS first because what works for the 1% won't necessarily improve your playstyle...
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Usual case is me ending up doing 45-48% of the DPS, healer doing 17-20% and the test dummy hero doing 36%.

You can fish for higher than median crit epeen posts but when it counts on a boss, most often than not, they underperform.

(X) doubt

What is there to doubt? I am talking about test dummy heroes who can do stationary parses well but add in a bit of movement and one mechanic and their DPS drops.

Not talking about the good players who do test dummy parses that high and actually hit 50k+ on mechanic intensive fights as well.

When you spend more time trolling than contributing people just start to take everything you say with a grain of salt, there's the doubt....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might have entered a new era?!? A specific question about magplar turned into an argument about nightblades instead of a nerf Sorc thread. Haha

To the OP. Ultimately the DPS between arcane and bloodthirsty is close to a wash. The argument for bloodthirsty is that because execute is generally the most punishing part of a trial fight, you want to get through it as fast as possible.

If your group is progressing it might not make sense to run any. If you are going for nuke strats, you def want some of your heavy hitters in 2-3 bloodthirsty, but you can absolutely start to experience diminishing returns.

Personally, if I am in a group on the lower end of DPS, I go with one and in better groups I run two. I would only consider 3 if I was in a group really trying to push score, but in that kind of group, they have that sort of thing planned and coordinated ahead of time.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every dd should run 3x BT because it scales multiplicative, makes execute (most dangerous phases of boss fights) much shorter and safer.

And stay useless for 75% of the fight where most parses are decided?

I will just pass on this one, because you simply lack knowledge.

Lack knowledge yadayadaya. Good try to discredit. What do you gain as a magicka using triple Bloodthirsty? Stam, sure, I can see the usage but magicka? Not really. 2 Arcane 1 Bloodthirsty would be a better setup. Just like how 2 Bloodthirsty and 1 Infused is good for Stamblade. Both setups let you keep all around DPS high on top of execute phase damage higher.
    Every dd should run 3x BT because it scales multiplicative, makes execute (most dangerous phases of boss fights) much shorter and safer.

Because in most fights the last 25% is actually the most important, not sure why you think different, that is when most bosses has the the most one hit mechanics, when you need to put them down. Think Kenas double lightning walls and such.

Last 25% increases damage if you run a class with execute yes, however, it is not going to take your 40k DPS into 60k suddenly. And with 3 Bloodthirsty, your DPS at 75% of the fight will be lower and you at 25% will be making up for it instead of adding. Which results in lower parse than what you can have with not 3 Bloodthirsty setup where you don't have to make up for much but at the same time leap the benefit of having harder hitting ability. Also, if that phase is so precious, why would you try to shorten it too much where you won't do much if everyone else also run 3 BT.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 5, 2018 2:29AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lack knowledge yadayadaya. Good try to discredit. What do you gain as a magicka using triple Bloodthirsty? Stam, sure, I can see the usage but magicka? Not really. 2 Arcane 1 Bloodthirsty would be a better setup. Just like how 2 Bloodthirsty and 1 Infused is good for Stamblade. Both setups let you keep all around DPS high on top of execute phase damage higher.

Because in most fights the last 25% is actually the most important, not sure why you think different, that is when most bosses has the the most one hit mechanics, when you need to put them down. Think Kenas double lightning walls and such.

Last 25% increases damage if you run a class with execute yes, however, it is not going to take your 40k DPS into 60k suddenly. And with 3 Bloodthirsty, your DPS at 75% of the fight will be lower and you at 25% will be making up for it instead of adding. Which results in lower parse than what you can have with not 3 Bloodthirsty setup where you don't have to make up for much but at the same time leap the benefit of having harder hitting ability. Also, if that phase is so precious, why would you try to shorten it too much where you won't do much if everyone else also run 3 BT.

I think you all need to stop comparing raw resources to a percentage gain. Whether Bloodthirsty or Arcane is better will largely depend on your total resources.

Assuming you have no executes in your rotation, 3x golded bloodthirsty will increase potential DPS by 30% for 25% of the Fight. This equates to roughly a 7.5% increase over the length of the fight.

Now, how much magic you can lose before you see no benefit from that 7.5% increase will largely be determined by your total pool. Given that spell damage should remain equal, I'm going to guess you can afford to lose somewhere between 3.5 - 5k if you have a 50k pool and between 2.5 - 3.5k if you have a 38k pool.

The idea that dropping 2.5k Magic is going to make yourself useless for 75% of the fight is ludicrous at best given the size of the magic pools most people are running with.

Ultimately, I'll go back to my earlier comment, if you really want to know how it will affect your specific build then jump on the PTS and test (my condolences to console players)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

I think you all need to stop comparing raw resources to a percentage gain. Whether Bloodthirsty or Arcane is better will largely depend on your total resources.

Assuming you have no executes in your rotation, 3x golded bloodthirsty will increase potential DPS by 30% for 25% of the Fight. This equates to roughly a 7.5% increase over the length of the fight.

Now, how much magic you can lose before you see no benefit from that 7.5% increase will largely be determined by your total pool. Given that spell damage should remain equal, I'm going to guess you can afford to lose somewhere between 3.5 - 5k if you have a 50k pool and between 2.5 - 3.5k if you have a 38k pool.

The idea that dropping 2.5k Magic is going to make yourself useless for 75% of the fight is ludicrous at best given the size of the magic pools most people are running with.

Ultimately, I'll go back to my earlier comment, if you really want to know how it will affect your specific build then jump on the PTS and test (my condolences to console players)

I mean, whatever floats your boat. It probably will really depend on your build. If you make your build for 3BT to perform the most, good on you. I don't care about this anymore really.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont run bloodthirsty at all on my non metta magplar and i just had a fully buffed crit tic on my radiant oppression for 79k. I think templars dont need blood thirsty
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(X) doubt

When you spend more time trolling than contributing people just start to take everything you say with a grain of salt, there's the doubt....

How is it trolling? There is people out there who do nothing but fish for high crit/high parses and can’t perform in a dungeon yet brag about their DPS on youtube/discord etc.

These are called test dummy heroes.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have an awesome :cry:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Like someone said, the most dangerous mechanics are in execute phases so you definitely might want to consider bloodthirsty, that's pretty cool stuff.

40k self buffed is bad for most classes? I'm pretty sure a Nightblade said this without even reading rest of the comments.

It's something i haven't tried yet but its on the cards to (got some spare jewellery i intend to transmute at some point).
    Bloodthirsty all the way.

And to weigh in on @Cybercore_Death.. you do see the drawback to your build in any trial content right? 40k self-buffed is not good when your raid dps with group buffs will only be 1/4 of what everyone else is pushing. The thing about heavy attack builds is that they’re too reliant on the heavy attack. Try performing any mechanically intensive fight with a channeled ability and you’ll notice this is not the build to use. What happens when you need to move out of range of boss/adds or block? Your cast is interrupted and dps suffers tremendously.

It may be great for solo or some vet dungeons, but tough challenging content... not so much.

I think there is a slight exaggeration there. Granted i wont be hitting as high as some, but if we say i hit 50k with Raid buffs then by your statement everyone else will be hitting 200k? Something doesn't quite add up there.

You say i will lose damage to mechs but so does everyone else. My build is more than Raid capable and has been tested and proven time and again.

Also, the point of me posting was more to show OP that you can play the game any way you like and get good results with a little hard work and dedication.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling 50k+ on a dummy parse means nothing at this point unless you're alive for the entire of the fight. A lot of people can boast they pull high numbers but when it comes to staying alive they fall short so their numbers are suddenly meaningless. A dead DPS is no DPS.

Took the words right out of my mind @Cybercore_Death, as I think to myself: “a dead DPS is no DPS with each passing second during combat, as the time taken to revive that fallen teammate could result in a slightly less overall DPS average at most boss intervals.” That is why I run Mighty Chudan, Bloodmoon & Sunderflame on my Stamina DK.(Sunderflame is temporary until I can replace it with Arms of Relenquen, Eventually...) as my true DPS is found in Lycanthropy. (Corrosive Armor if needed for some dungeons that bear enemies which have poison mechanics/attacks.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Pulling 50k+ on a dummy parse means nothing at this point unless you're alive for the entire of the fight. A lot of people can boast they pull high numbers but when it comes to staying alive they fall short so their numbers are suddenly meaningless. A dead DPS is no DPS.

Took the words right out of my mind @Cybercore_Death, as I think to myself: “a dead DPS is no DPS with each passing second during combat, as the time taken to revive that fallen teammate could result in a slightly less overall DPS average at most boss intervals.” That is why I run Mighty Chudan, Bloodmoon & Sunderflame on my Stamina DK.(Sunderflame is temporary until I can replace it with Arms of Relenquen, Eventually...) as my true DPS is found in Lycanthropy. (Corrosive Armor if needed for some dungeons that bear enemies which have poison mechanics/attacks.)

You guys are funny...why do you assume that those people dont stay alive? You arent a good player if you stay alive...you arent a good player if you do 50k dps on dummy...you're a good player if you can do both...and there are a ton of players that can do both...
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are funny...why do you assume that those people dont stay alive? You arent a good player if you stay alive...you arent a good player if you do 50k dps on dummy...you're a good player if you can do both...and there are a ton of players that can do both...

People that can do both are rare tho... I'd rather take someone with lower dps but better awareness than a target dummy hero that stands in stupid.
    Edited by Sparr0w on September 10, 2018 1:32PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

People that can do both are rare tho... I'd rather take someone with lower dps but better awareness than a target dummy hero that stands in stupid.

not in my experience...i have 2 guilds with 200+ members that can pull that
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

not in my experience...i have 2 guilds with 200+ members that can pull that

The point has been missed sadly. So many people who pull 50k+ are quick to put other down on their achievements. Like myself for example. 40k is amazing for me and i can sustain it pretty much perfectly through a fight due to how i run my build. yet i've had the "elites" telling me that 40k is no good. Those same "elites" forget that all game content can be completed at 25k DPS as long as they're aware of mechs etc.

The issue i have (as well as others) is that the "elites" are quite snobby towards "weaker" players, almost as if they forgot that they were also in the same position once upon a time. The "elites" also don't seem to understand that myself (and a good portion of other players) don't run with the top 1% so their comparison and put downs are irrelevant anyway.

If you have 2 guilds full of capable people then good for you, you've done well to amass such a following. When i eventually hit the numbers that would put me into the "elite" bracket i'd still rather not run with that crowd because of how they act towards other players for the most part. Of course i'm not saying all of the top 1% are like that but it seems a good portion are. You only have to look through forum threads to see this.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I’ve seen, the trash talking forum elitists and the good players @hedna123b14_ESO refers to are two entirely separate groups. It’s pretty rare that I see anything other than helpful advice from the people I know to be actually skilled (aka top 1%).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    Half the community will call me stupid for running a non meta, heavy attack based MagDK build. They say "only PetSorcs are viable for heavy attack builds, you'll never be raid material". Guess what, a heavy attack non meta MakDK works. Is viable and pulls awesome numbers. Has zero resource management issues.

The point i'm making is don't call someone stupid cos your opinion on the matter is different @Vrany69 , instead you should try explaining why it doesnt work and back it up with facts and numbers.

That being said, i'm a firm believer that anything can be made to work, case in point with my MagDK, so @Syiccal i would say give it a go if you're able to and see how it fairs. You never know, it may just give you an pleasantly surprising results.

Also, see as i talked about backing up with facts and figures, here's my DK build @Vrany69 just so you can see. I look forward to your response to this if its anything like your above comment ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h92S0f9Sipg&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: The build is still viable with this setup and produces the same results in Wolfhunter. I'll be updating CP changes accordingly soon.

I hate to tell you bro but 40k isn’t very good nowadays. I just hit 57k solo on my magblade. So 40k is 42% lower dps....

All the other classes top out at 47-49k DPS. NBs parse around 10k more than the rest of the field at the moment.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 11, 2018 1:26AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never met someone with top DPS who can't stay alive. You need to be very mechanically sound to hit 50k+ DPS, which means you have BiS gear. And if you have BiS gear, it means you can successfully run the toughest content. If you've put in the time to hit top DPS numbers, you are invested in the endgame content.

Far more often, low DPS players are the ones who don't know boss mechanics.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 11, 2018 3:18AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i wonder is: with asylum sword plus bloodthirsty jewels worth running?