The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag dk + swift?

luckyluke92
luckyluke92
✭✭
Hi! I played magicka dk a lot, and now i'm think of putting swift trait on jewerely.
I'm now running with heavy armor build and i find my self always slower then the others. Do you have tested dk with swift? How many did you use? And do you use mist, psijic speed skill or pots?
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm using swift, seducer, axiom, skoria with speed lingering pots. It's really fast.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm using swift, seducer, axiom, skoria with speed lingering pots. It's really fast.

It should replace using sprint. Saves on stamina!
    Stacks with mist form too.

You do trade off max stats to use it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why play mdk if you are going to use swift? Might as well just play stamina.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭

mag dk has really a different playstyle compared to stamina, but the only problem hit has it's very static; so maybe with swift i can do something about that
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

With the Nerf to defile and reverb I am still trying to theory craft. The dot build I used seems to be less powerful with healing so strong this patch. Magicka DK has better burst. Just trying swift out really. So far I like it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

mag dk has really a different playstyle compared to stamina, but the only problem hit has it's very static; so maybe with swift i can do something about that

Empowering Chains gives you good mobility to your target plus a few seconds of major expedition. I feel like we already end up with a bit less max stats (unless we build specifically that way ) on magDK compared to other magicka classes, so I would be hesitant in trading magicka for speed. Maybe one swift wouldn't be too bad, no more than two though if your gear has some decent magicka buffs.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest swift on everything tbh.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest swift on everything tbh.

right, and yes its good on magDK, pretty much any class or style that lacks inherent mobility is made better with swift.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Instead of Seducer- would Alteration Mastery be better? It reduces the cost of all your abilities (including ultimate)… and I wonder if it would reduce the cost of sprint? Or, at least, it reduces the cost of any abilities that you could use for major expedition (chains, accelerate)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would work on mag DK. Best to test it and see.
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    switfh on stam sorcs is so tough. they still hit so hard, and it is so hard to target them, specially if you run a dyzzing swing build like me...

imo, since dyzzing swing is easy to block/dodge. "it shouldn't cancel the casting" by moving away from "the hitbox". the cast shouldn't be stopped unless the enemy is out of range or go behind you.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift and new wings really improved my solo experience alot.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes and more YES.

MagDK with 3xSwift and Speed Pots (lingering hp) combined with new wings, make MagDK top tier when it comes to 1vX. It is almost stupid.

I run Torugs, Troll and either Rattle, Caluurion or something else for damage.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

I don't get why you don't have entropy on your bar...

What do you think about using meditate and sacrifice some recovery? With swift you can go on LOS really easy and use meditate to recovery fast. Do you think it could be good? Just having spell power mundus and 3 spell damage glyphs with like 1k of recovery and meditation
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

I don't get why you don't have entropy on your bar...

What do you think about using meditate and sacrifice some recovery? With swift you can go on LOS really easy and use meditate to recovery fast. Do you think it could be good? Just having spell power mundus and 3 spell damage glyphs with like 1k of recovery and meditation

No clue, would have to try it and see.
    This setup is more of a brawler though. Frankly I don’t see the need for swift when you have mist form anyway.