The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hoping we get gold-purchasable houses in Murkmire

PandaPlasm
PandaPlasm
✭✭
With Murkmire on the horizon, I'm really hoping we get at least 1 gold-purchasable house in Murkmire. I have some ideas. It'd be nice to have an inn room in the main hub. It would also be nice to have a medium sized house, preferably with a courtyard of some sort. I'd also like to see a large house, perhaps a Xanmeer. But for the love of the Hist, I want to be able to be able to buy these houses with gold! I'm tired of seeing all these gargantuan houses that are crowns only and still look like a ghost town, even at the furniture cap.
Another thing, I really hope we can use flint to craft the new Murkmire furniture...
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping there's a Xanmeer, I doubt there will be an Inn room, a medium size house would be nice though.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CWC city house was not obtainable for gold so that won't be the case in Murkmire.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe one of the houses could be a castle.

That sank into the swamp. :p
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • PandaPlasm
    PandaPlasm
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    CWC city house was not obtainable for gold so that won't be the case in Murkmire.

That's what I'm afraid of. Still, posting is worth a shot.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And smaller houses too, even if they're crown store only. Though the big house look impressive, there is no way to properly fill it. And not all of my characters are wealthy enough (in character) to life in a mannor.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Chapters, I would not be surprised if they were done with that classification of house. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I'm hoping there's a Xanmeer, I doubt there will be an Inn room, a medium size house would be nice though.

Finally! I'm not the only one hoping for a Xanmeer as a player home! :smiley:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see more homes available for gold, especially smaller/medium homes. Even apartments in some of the larger cities.

But, I, too, am afraid that we won't get any homes for gold outside of ones available with chapters, and even then, they will probably be just an inn room and a large home. Morrowind also had a medium home, but I suspect that it did not garner as many Crown purchases as the large home did, which is why we only saw a large home with Summerset.

Thus, if they were to offer a home with Murkmire, I suspect they'll go the route of CWC and just offer one for Crowns only. At least it wouldn't be limited time, like the ones they've offered in the older DLC areas.

I'm still hopeful that they'll offer a home for gold with the New Life Festival. And who knows, they may surprise us all and offer something for gold with Murkmire - at least apartment-sized (not inn room, which only has 15/30 slots!).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 4, 2018 7:53PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would definitely love to see more medium houses. The huge whale-manors are magnificent to look at and an awesome example of dev creativity but impractical really to try furnish with our limited slots.
    Alternatively, give us more open plots like coldharbour.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.