Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc overload bar, no ulti swap?

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Prior to wolfhunter I could put an ultimate different than the overload ultimate on my overload bar, and use a weapon ability on my overload bar to swap out of the overload bar without using the ultimate. Now I am unable to spot a different ulti on my overload bar. Was this intended? Didn't see anything in the patch notes about it.
Edited by ZarkingFrued on August 31, 2018 1:29AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most likely slotting another ult shouldn't have been possible. ZOS fixes many bugs that don't reach the patch notes...I've seen many bugs mysteriously vanish with no patch notes mentions. Maybe it was accidentally "fixed".
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

The stance on this was never clear, some felt it was an exploit or not intended. I guess if ZOS fixed it now we know.

But why that's a stealth Nerf I don't know.

Change control in these projects scares me
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, definitely wasn't a bug. There were past posts about it and zos knew very well the use of the overload bar. Honestly, if there is any bug whatsoever that actually helps sorcs, the forums erupt with posts about it. Forums are 50% nerf sorc posts lol
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering why they wouldn't put it in notes
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a bug fix. You never should be able to slot a 3rd ultimate, because you couldn't use Overload attacks then. I'd consider being able to slot Life Giver for example an exploit.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t think I could do it before just by dragging another ultimate to the slot when I tried. Didn’t you have to mess with it to get it to work?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a bug.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to slot Meteor on the 3rd bar to get more max mag. Plus, if you were only using overload for utility and not the damage, you could drop the ult on that bar.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It was a bug.

References? Can you quote a spot on the notes? Anything? Maybe it's a bug that you now can not lol
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on September 4, 2018 12:37PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It was a bug.

They never clearly stated that in the past. And if it was ... why wasn't it fixed during one of the countless updates during the past years. I mean a third ulti can be game changing.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be happy that we still have our third skill bar. OL is being "looked at", supposedly. Just imagine how boring the class becomes when the amount of free skill slots is being reduced.
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Can you elaborate, please? Like, what skills for what activity?
    iCaliban wrote: »
    I have been playing a ton of pvp since the patch, and one really big pain point is the lack of a good burst ultimate for mag sorcs. Meteor gets blocked nearly every time and doesnt compare favorably to dawnbreaker.

This is high on our priority list for mag sorc now. Wrobel is looking at options for reworking Overload, and we have advised him to move in that direction with it.

Edited by Thraben on September 3, 2018 10:02AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to change mine once and the game wouldn't let me, I guess there was some exploit involved? or did it somehow become a simple swap at some point?

Sounds like Wardens recasting their bear ulti over and over until two spawned to me, not intended and not accidental.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on September 3, 2018 10:33AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to change mine once and the game wouldn't let me, I guess there was some exploit involved? or did it somehow become a simple swap at some point?

Sounds like Wardens recasting their bear ulti over and over until two spawned to me, not intended and not accidental.

It only worked with Power Overload. It´s gone now anyway after 5 years or so.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.