The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommended Kyne Traits

Oakclaw
Oakclaw
Hello,

I going to make a toon and join Kyne when I reach level 10. I plan to have gear sets crafted for every level milestone but I’m not sure what trait to put on them.

Do the same rules as normal PVP apply? Impen or Divine? I’m really not sure...

Any advice is much appreciated.
"Hand down the throat, a kiss for my wrist; hand on the lungs, a kiss for my arm. Grasp, tear, yank… and one last kiss for the killer's own heart."
-The Green Lady
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd lean towards Impen for anything PVP, though putting infused on the larger pieces can be useful if you need higher stats.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd lean towards Impen for anything PVP, though putting infused on the larger pieces can be useful if you need higher stats.

Kyne is nCP, right?

7 impen is only 1806 crit resistance on purple. That only blocks 27% crit DMG, leaving 23% crit DMG.

You need someone running transmutation or run impreg set. With impreg you get:
    - 2412 on purple (35% reduction of your targets CHD modifier)
    - 3 max stat bonuses

If you use 7 impen with impreg set you'll get:
    - 4218 CR (62% reduction of your targets CHD modifier)

Depending on who you fight, 60% is basically all you need against nightblades/Templars or DK/warden/Sorc players running minor force. The extra 2% in my example helps reduce Templars/nightblades running minor force, because they can get 70% in nCP.

But that assumes everyone is leveled up.
    You can run impreg with 3 traits of your choosing:
    - left with 3426 CR (50% CHD reduction)
    - you'll still take 20% against a Templar/nightblade running minor force, but the chances they will be running unlocked psijicc line or fighters guild line might be really low in the lowbie Kyne campaign.

4 impen, 3 divines/invigorating/reinforced on chest/well fitted/sturdy (up to you) is good enough for impreg in nCP.

Edit:

Though that's max CP gear values. You'll have to see how much it's for your level. Just divide crit resist by 68 and then by 100 to see the percentage value. Then compare that to the typical Templar/nightblade/player at the lvl10-50 campaign. (Use the build editor to help!)
    Edited by Minno on August 30, 2018 3:53PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP doesn’t apply in Kyne. You have some lametards that come to prey on undergeared in Kyne so I would recommend all impen for armor. Only exception would be if you are going to be stealthy / ranged with more of a hit and run style so u might want divines in that case.
    Edited by Enkil on August 30, 2018 4:12PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    CP doesn’t apply in Kyne. You have some lametards that come to prey on undergeared in Kyne so I would recommend all impen for armor. Only exception would be if you are going to be stealthy / ranged with more of a hit and run style so u might want divines in that case.

Yea definitely!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impen not needed in kyne, not enough crits
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Training, not worth staying there
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    So wrong. There are quite much vet players playing in kyne. So you need impen.
    I'd recommend the bare minimum, 4 impen and 3 sturdy/infused/divines. 7 impen is also good if you think you take too much damage. Just dont precraft everything at once. Play and see yourself.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I'd recommend the bare minimum, 4 impen and 3 sturdy/infused/divines. 7 impen is also good if you think you take too much damage. Just dont precraft everything at once. Play and see yourself.

Well fitted is marginally better imo, the mitigation and stam sustain it provides even for mag builds isn’t something to over look.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

Well fitted is marginally better imo, the mitigation and stam sustain it provides even for mag builds isn’t something to over look.

depends on your target and if they have access to bleeds.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual