Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are Werewolf Builds more viable for Vet Dungeons and Normal Trials now?

Ir0nB34r
Ir0nB34r
✭✭✭
I suspect many will still have reservations about Vet Trials, but I am curious if they will be seen as viable for most situations now.

I know many people hold the meta to such high regards that they are unwilling to allow anything else into their groups. But playing the meta isn't always fun and I have been hoping for werewolves to be viable for ages. I just dont want to be excluded from certain content.
[XBOX][NA]
Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
(Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
"If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen a lot of them in dungeons since wolf Hunter hit. They definitely can be effective those 30k to 70k parses.Also, Werewolf is good way to start dps role now. If you find yourself struggling then go werewolf. Now mind you there are some quite skilled wolves too, but you don't have to be skilled to feel powerful with werewolf.
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I seen a lot of them in dungeons since wolf Hunter hit. They definitely can be effective those 30k to 70k parses.Also, Werewolf is good way to start dps role now. If you find yourself struggling then go werewolf. Now mind you there are some quite skilled wolves too, but you don't have to be skilled to feel powerful with werewolf.

Oh thats good to hear. I am a Mag Sorc DPS and I really don't like the rotation. I dunno if its a latency issue or not but I cant seem to weave anything and my DPS stays around the 15k to 17k range. I think the fast paced, more aggressive play style of a werewolf would suit me much better.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep werewolves now can dps, res and use synergys so they are no longer in that deep black hole they've been at for PVE

but for me 1 panel 2 buttons rota is incredibly boring =D
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a stamina sorc, still low level. She's an alt but she's a lot of fun and is a werewolf. It's not BiS for her to be one but I enjoy it anyway.

Do it. Be a wolf.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't finished testing the changes, but thus far I'd say they're less viable for vet dungeons than they were before wolfhunter.

Werewolves actually lost quite a bit of DPS this patch. Those high parses are basically cheese, relying on stuff like roar and the pack leader's direwolves which either don't work or aren't reliable in boss fights.

It also really depends on group composition. The ability to use synergies does nothing unless you have non-werewolves in your group, and the more wolves you have the more you're going to have to fight over bodies to maintain your timers now.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn right werewolves are more viable, just try using bloodmoon and you may see soon enough with the right combination of choice.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW : 42k

When Im in WGT HM last boss fight , it's quiet hard to survive , I could barely heal myself twice at all with limited magicka , I was in trouble at the final double electric phase , maybe we run 1 tank 3 dps , that's the problem .

We passed it finally but Im in human form .

I dont think WW is OP , they hit hard only in simple single fight .

I agree WW are more viable , they got better improvement with this patch :)

WW OP ? WW are more viable in 12 TRIAL ? I dont think so .
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    WW : 42k

When Im in WGT HM last boss fight , it's quiet hard to survive , I could barely heal myself twice at all with limited magicka , I was in trouble at the final double electric phase , maybe we run 1 tank 3 dps , that's the problem .

We passed it finally but Im in human form .

I dont think WW is OP , they hit hard only in simple single fight .

I agree WW are more viable , they got better improvement with this patch :)

WW OP ? WW are more viable in 12 TRIAL ? I dont think so .

The problem is in your build, its not design to survive,
    I would chose to be 30k dps with 30k health and 1500 magicka recovery instead of 40k+ paper doggy.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish I could slot Inner fire on my werewolf bar...

… then you could have a full team of wolves.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on August 31, 2018 6:06AM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a random vet today. There was a werewolf. Who tried to do the Grobull fight in vDC2 as a werewolf. Needless to say, it was hilariously bad.

The lack of AoE makes them very bad for fights that are not single-target.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised to see people say that they are as viable as regular classes now, so let me be emphatic.

They are worse than any other actual class/build setup in the game.

They are "okay," and they can certainly handle many jobs. But without exception, they bring nothing that a well played actual toon can't do better. I've heard people say things like "they can tank and self heal better than anyone!" and all I can think is... these people must play a different game. Do people think WW's are the only class who can heal themselves for 60-80% of their health in one cast? Or AoE lifetap dot? Or jump from mob to mob? Or run faster than normal speed permanently? Or do 60k dps?

I apologize if this post sounds pompous, but I really don't want to see people led astray. WW is viable, but it is decidedly NOT better than other true classes at anything. I suspect someone may post a gimmick to "prove me wrong," but the fact remains: WW was designed to be this way for a reason. It's an accessible, simple yet powerful, fun toy that can be played relatively effectively by anyone.

And they're great fun. By all means, play one! I do. But you've just gotta accept it for what it is. I threw Perfected Relequen and Blood Moon on my Stamwolf, and after about 10 minutes of walking around and light attacking, I realized I wasn't the target demographic.
    eisley the worst
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erlewine wrote: »
    I'm really surprised to see people say that they are as viable as regular classes now, so let me be emphatic.

They are worse than any other actual class/build setup in the game.

They are "okay," and they can certainly handle many jobs. But without exception, they bring nothing that a well played actual toon can't do better. I've heard people say things like "they can tank and self heal better than anyone!" and all I can think is... these people must play a different game. Do people think WW's are the only class who can heal themselves for 60-80% of their health in one cast? Or AoE lifetap dot? Or jump from mob to mob? Or run faster than normal speed permanently? Or do 60k dps?

I apologize if this post sounds pompous, but I really don't want to see people led astray. WW is viable, but it is decidedly NOT better than other true classes at anything. I suspect someone may post a gimmick to "prove me wrong," but the fact remains: WW was designed to be this way for a reason. It's an accessible, simple yet powerful, fun toy that can be played relatively effectively by anyone.

And they're great fun. By all means, play one! I do. But you've just gotta accept it for what it is. I threw Perfected Relequen and Blood Moon on my Stamwolf, and after about 10 minutes of walking around and light attacking, I realized I wasn't the target demographic.

I´ve seen people parse 60-70k single target (basically where werewolfs shine in PvE) on Rakkhat in vMoL, so they´re viable, but only in very specific situations. But if ZOS ever feel that werewolf´s are too good in PvE, the only thing they´ve to do is to tweak Bloodmoon. Without Bloodmoon your DPS drops immensely.

To answer OP´s question:
    * In order for werewolfs to achieve high numbers in PvE, Bloodmoon is almost required. Can be done without of course, but you´ll notice a significant difference.
    * They´re absolutely viable for all veteran dungeons in the game, DLC ones as well.
    * They can be viable in veteran trials, but it´s situational and shouldn´t be used during trashfights. Save werewolf for bossfights.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw few of them too. AoE dps is completely disgusting, but single target is very very ok.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're pretty good on boss fights and stuff. And vet trials! I've brought my werewolf through vHel Ra and vMoL. And times in vAA. I wouldn't bring a WW into vAS, vHoF, and especially vSO with all that poison damage. I don't know how they'd fair in vCR.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR