The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stealthy DLC

Otter
Otter
Why does the stealth DLC have to be 10 times harder if your not using a nightblade? I'm trying the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild and the Sacraments and Heists are almost impossible to do as anyone who isn't a nightblade (not get caught). I was told that doing it perfect gives you a higher chance for better rewards but it also gives you an achievement. I either have to let someone see me or wait in a box until the moons of Saturn align so the guard stops riding my targets ass, the NPC's stop going near my target, and my target stops staring at my direction. Then if that happens I then need to quickly run all the way back without someone seeing me or camping at an exit.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you think NB is easier than other classes? Cuz he has coolstory invisible skill? It won't work on guards with AoE detection circle. Other than that you can buy Essence of Invisibility (16 seconds durtion) and blast through any Thieves Guild quests ("radar" guards still detects you).
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using any other the armours which help detection radius?

You can also put some points in medium armour to pick up the sneaking passives. I've often got my hands on the following two sets and put some points in medium armour for when I am doing sneaking missions on another class, your combat effectiveness doesn't really matter when sneaking and overland PvE can be done even without optimal gear.

https://eso-sets.com/set/night-mothers-embrace
    https://eso-sets.com/set/night-terror
    Edited by Turelus on August 29, 2018 8:03AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just NBs (it's easier for NBs, no doubt), but medium armor DDs.

You can deal with detection guards with some oneshot skill, like Snipe (if you allowed to kill on mission, sure). If NPC dead from 1 shot, this wouldn't raise attention level
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Otter

My experience has generally been similar to yours in that the missions are significantly easier with a character who has easy access to invisibility. Magicka nightblades are the most obvious go-to for this ability, but there are a few other things that can work well to make the runs a bit easier:
    • Make occasional use of invisibility potions. You can get these from thieves troves and the bequeather, or you can craft them yourself. The cooldown can be problematic, but if you are strategic with them, they can help.
    • Reduce your sneak cost. There are a couple ways to do this. First, if you have CP, you can put points into the "shade" star of the shadow constellation. Second, you can wear medium armor and train it up to take points in the "improved sneak" passive. Third, "improved hiding" under legerdemain also reduces the cost of sneaking.
    • Reduce your detection radius. You will get this naturally through your race if you are a Khajiit or Bosmer, but there are other ways too. Medium armor "improved sneak" reduces your detection radius. There are a few sets that can give this too, such as "night mother's embrace."
    • Increase your sneak speed. The sets "shadow dancer" and "night's silence" both negate the movement penalty from sneak, which is very useful. Alternatively, a stage four vampire also ignores this penalty. You may also choose to get some swift trait jewelry, which increases your overall movement speed.

Hope this helps a bit!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t had an issue with any class or armor type in DB or TG. Maybe get caught a couple time more but that’s half of he fun.

I do stealth a lot in PvP so I guess I’m used to it