Addons settings and @userid change

labambao
labambao
✭✭✭✭
So, recently i decide change my @id. When job was done, all my addons setting goes to point zero. I have about 50 addons, so set it manually is a big problem for 4-5 hours.
Maybe you can tell me guys how can i just transfer all my setting to my new @userid? now i just return to old and all work well.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPD: i am not steam user, steam users just can change id and all addons work fine.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addons should maybe use the GUID for the account or characters in their settings file. That globally unique identifier never changes when character or username changes happen. I’m not even sure the API exposes this GUID value. If it does, then your problem is something to be fixed by the add on author.

I’d like to add that it would be damn nice if the contents of the SavedVariables folder synced to your account so that would be downloaded when logging onto a new computer. But I believe the issue here is that some addons store many megabytes of data in this folder. Like master merchant or harvest map.

But I bet that much of this data is identical across many players. So ZOS could use a deduplicating file system to solve the storage problem. That’s how like any cloud storage provider that might be storing the exact same data among multiple accounts do things...
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I changed my login ID, I remember having to download some random bulk-find-and-replace-text software to mass-change my ID in all the .lua files in the Live/SavedVariables folder. There were like 160+ references to my old ID and it was impossible to do manually.