The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solid furniture: prevent from clipping into walls or other furniture

LeinadOrarogep
LeinadOrarogep
✭✭✭
I have one question in regards to furniture placement: is there any way to enable a "full" surface drag?

The current surface drag option, essentially, prevents furniture from clipping into the floor, because you cannot move it below the floor level.
I would like to have something similar for the walls, and for other furniture.
So, to be more clear:
1. Prevent the currently selected furniture from clipping into the walls.
2. Prevent the currently selected furniture from clipping into other furniture.

This would allow for example to:
1. Neatly tuck a bed into a corner of a room, without clipping into the corner walls, and without leaving too much space between the bed and the walls (by "pushing" the bed into the corner as far as the "full surface drag" option would allow: It's the same principle as today's placement on a table on the floor, but extended to the walls)
2. Neatly place a nightstand right next to said bed, without it clipping.

Essentially, the furniture objects should be "solid", and should not be able to clip into anything else. Of course this should be an option, on a per-object basis.

I've tried the Furniture Snap and the Essential Housing Tools addons, but they are not exactly solving this need.

I'm afraid the answer is "it cannot be done", but maybe i will be pleasantly surprised.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play with mouse, you should not have the issues with placing correctly even without surface drag option. It's just a matter of being patient and use some more time to work with the items. I usually do it this way: place a strong source of light nearby (daedric brazier is best) and move items pixel by pixel until I get the desired position which is neither clipping nor too distant for the item and surroundings. If you don't play with mouse well maybe they will listen to your ideas.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."