The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with gear for VMA

PayToHeal
PayToHeal
Hello everyone im a stam warden who is looking to do VMA but i have no idea what my gear should be all videos i see use the malstorm weapons which im trying to get myself and sadly i have no trail experience under my belt. I can craft most armor tho and i can farm monster sets no issue . So what sets would you guys recommend a stam warden use.
Rest in peace sweet mead prince your drinking with sanguian now
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PayToHeal
    Any stam class Vicious Ophidian is basically essential. It's from Aetherian Archive which is the easiest trial to do, even on vet.

Second a penetration set is nice to have NMG is still useful in this situation, or you could farm for Briarheart which will give you a lot of weapon damage & heal you on crits.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 23, 2018 7:27AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • PayToHeal
    PayToHeal
    O and if it matters im champ 280 right now.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PayToHeal Doesn't matter too much, I know plenty of sub cp300's that have completed it, mainly it's mechs but more CP does make it a lot easier.

Read @Joy_Division guide here on the forums, tells you everything you need to know :)
  • PayToHeal
    PayToHeal
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @PayToHeal
    Any stam class Vicious Ophidian is basically essential. It's from Aetherian Archive which is the easiest trial to do, even on vet.

Second a penetration set is nice to have NMG is still useful in this situation, or you could farm for Briarheart which will give you a lot of weapon damage & heal you on crits.

i guess i can try to find a group or a guild to do that raid. Never thought about useing BH i got 4 parts NMG and 5 Hundings right now.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PayToHeal Just 'DD LFG nAA' around Craglorn, there's always people running it ;)

VO:
    Vicious Serpent
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage, Reduces the cost of your Stamina Abilities by 8%. When you kill an enemy, you restore 2150 Stamina and gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

EDIT: What platform are you on?
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 23, 2018 7:42AM
  • PayToHeal
    PayToHeal
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @PayToHeal Just 'DD LFG nAA' around Craglorn, there's always people running it ;)

VO:
    Vicious Serpent
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage, Reduces the cost of your Stamina Abilities by 8%. When you kill an enemy, you restore 2150 Stamina and gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

EDIT: What platform are you on?

Xbox 1 US
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicious Serpent is a great set for vMA and otherwise.

Hel Ra Citadel and Sanctum Ophidia also drop VO.
    It will be well worth your time to finish ANY craglorn trial on veteran, not just AA.

Other than VO, I think Briarheart might be the best go to for vMA. Or you can go the Heavy Armor tanky route with Seventh Legion.
    I find that having more survivability will grant you some more opportunity to experience and learn mechanics on your first time in there.
    You might also want to take Mighty Chudan for the same purpose. Less damage, but much more survivability. Once you clear it, and you are confident you know mechanics, you can then swap into some more aggressive setups.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<