The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerfing is Painfull and Punishing

HappyElephant
HappyElephant
✭✭✭
Just want to re-interate how excruciating it is when developers nerf entire classes. If you think NBs are too strong, a less-agonizing option is to buff the other classes' DPS to balance things out.
Thank you!
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah yes. every time something is OP just buff everyone else so everything gets easier and easier. Power creep happens, this is why, then everyone complains that things have gotten too easy.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ZOS says we love being punished. HARDER!
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBs are strong because their kit synergises best with light attacks.

Back at Morrowind Stamdks and Pet Sorcs were strong... because their kit best synergised with Heavy attacks. (you were forced to do due to sustain nerfs)

Basically all this changing of how much damage light and heavy attacks do they completely changed the balance of the classes.

Do light attacks do too much damage now?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good balancing involves using an even mix of nerfs and buffs when necessary. You can't continuously buff without nerfing, else power level will continue to rise each time something is changed in the name of balance. The problem is Zenimax doesn't seem to buff much, if at all. Their answer is always to nerf, and often it is with a nerf sledgehammer than a nerf scalpel.

In the case of Nightblade, in my opinion the other classes should be brought up to the Nightblade in terms of how cohesive their respective kits are. Nightblade and Sorc have arguably the most synergistic kits in the entire game, and their kits should be the model for DK, Templar and Warden.
    Edited by jcm2606 on August 22, 2018 11:52AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my criteria: Does my class dread skill 'updates' because they generally make my game less fun? The answer is yes.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to re-interate how excruciating it is when developers nerf entire classes. If you think NBs are too strong, a less-agonizing option is to buff the other classes' DPS to balance things out.
    Thank you!

That leads to powercreep which is a worse idea.

BTW, powercreep requires nerfing all classes to balance things out. Think TTK is to short in PvP, powercreep as you are suggesting makes it even shorter.
    Edited by idk on August 22, 2018 11:45AM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are nerfing (class) skills to compensate for the powercreep caused by op gear and always increasing CP.
    I wish they would focus more on keeping/making player actions (skills, active defense, ...) more important and impactful instead of shifting the power towards the passive side (gear/CP) - but i'm afraid the game will continue to head down this road.