Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

MagDK - 1 Bloodthirsty 2 Arcane vs. 3 Arcane

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
Hey everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has any positive results running one Bloodthirsty ring/neck. I'm hesitant to lose the ~800 magicka of Arcane. I mostly do vet dungeons but would like to do more trials. Right now my DPS parse is around 31k

My set:
Zaan heavy shoulders and medium helm, divines, gold, max magicka enchant
5 piece Siroria body, 3 divines 2 infused (chest and belt), purple, max magicka enchant
3 piece BSW jewelry, purple, arcane, 2 spell damage enchant 1 magicka recovery enchant
1 BSW inferno staff front bar, infused, gold, weapon damage enchant
vFG1 HM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty wont benefit a magDK, the class doesnt have an execute so the boot in that pahse would be a loss.

I haven't tested any change, but if you are gonna lose sustain do it for infused, the change is noticeable.

At least in numbers is a lot
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    Bloodthirsty wont benefit a magDK, the class doesnt have an execute so the boot in that pahse would be a loss.

I haven't tested any change, but if you are gonna lose sustain do it for infused, the change is noticeable.

@Hixtory Wouldn't the trait give them a pseudo-execute? Also, when you say do it for infused, do you mean a jewel with infused and a spell damage encant would be better?
    vFG1 HM
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭

This is incorrect. It doesn’t only buff the damage of an execute skill, it buffs all of your damage to an enemy under 25%.

Somebody on this forum actually found a magdk benefits the most from bloodthirsty because they spend the most amount of time in execute relative to other classes. A magsorc would probably benefit a lot too in pve since their execute is weak in pve and often times isn’t even worth slotting.
    Edited by pteam on August 21, 2018 5:14PM
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

This is incorrect. It doesn’t only buff the damage of an execute skill, it buffs all of your damage to an enemy under 25%.

Somebody on this forum actually found a magdk benefits the most from bloodthirsty because they spend the most amount of time in execute relative to other classes. A magsorc would probably benefit a lot too in pve since their execute is weak in pve and often times isn’t even worth slotting.
    This confirms my thoughts exactly. I suppose I will give it a shot with a spare ring I have
    vFG1 HM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

I never said only execute was buffed, but since we dont have an execute like magblades, magsorcs or magplars I dont think the output damage would be that great for losing all the damage in the 75% of the rest of the fight.

But would like to see that forum post you mentioned.
    Edited by Hixtory on August 21, 2018 10:50PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a solo DPS test it would benefit a magic DK a lot since they would normally spend 25% of their time in the execute stage. In a group though a DK might likely be paired with a bunch of Nightblades in this meta, all demolishing the execute phase with some bloodthirsty of their own. It's still probably a better option over a piece of arcane, but won't look quite as good in group as it would solo.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty on mDK is bad because no execute to reap much more benefit out of that trait. And it increases damage by only a few percent on a specific circumstance which means it will remain useless in most of the fights and the last 25% phase is hard to justify the use of it in real combat instead of dummy parses. Because all the other groupmates with execute will do more damage than you.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 21, 2018 11:25PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty is good but 3 infused is the safer pick and their dps is almost the same