The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam/mag hybrid thoughts

Siohwenoeht
Siohwenoeht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know hybrids don't easily get the same damage numbers as min/max builds, but I'm leveling a dk hybrid in under 50 cyro for grins and it is beginning to feel like it could be viable.

I'm by no means an expert in theory crafting but is it because of the no cp that it feels stronger than it should be? Or is it that under 50 has more new pvpers? I just didn't expect the damage output/survivability that I seem to be getting.
Thx for the thoughts in advance!
"It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard

Best Answers

• StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Do you upgrade your gear every couple of levels? Some players in under 50 PVP aren't even wearing full sets, let alone up to date item levels. Maybe you've built a unicorn?
    Answer ✓
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne is interesting,

You get the guys in full up to date purple sets with gold weapons and on the 5th roll of that toon

And then you get the guys in mis matched overland gear wearing prophet jewelry and green weapons, standing still while they attack you
    Answer ✓
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do upgrade at the mat level changes. Running innate and mechanical accuity both 5 piece with dw nights silence front and dw Magnus back, blue gear and purple weapons. It really is to test the "play as you want" lol. I hadn't considered some might have lower gear.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have a near master crafter as my main so I've been experimenting with the crafted sets.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I get more cash I want to try turning my stamsorc into a hybrid. But will probs race-change to argonian too.
    Maybe go with Pot cooldowns, clever alch, shacklebreaker, and use curse/wrath to add burst to stam weapons-skills..
    Surge can give both major brut and sorcery in one go.. dark exch or deal to help manage resources..
    Hvy armour, maybe 2-handed + snb ?
    Haven't figured out skillbars yet..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my Toons feel stronger at low level than they do at 50 in Cyrodil. It’s actually more fun I think. Fights are more engaging, they last a bit longer, go back and forth.

After 50 it’s not like that.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go check Kristofer's hybrid builds.

They rock !

https://www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic/videos
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Biro123 : sounds like an interesting build! Haven't heard/seen a hybrid sorc. Even if mine only ends up being ok in in under 50 cyro it'll be a fun ride lol.

@kylewwefan : that's exactly what I've been experiencing. Seems it may be an "under 50" thing lol. I am going to level this one out. By 50 I should be past cp400 and see what fine tuning can do.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrids are actually pretty good in PVP with some classes. DK, Warden, and Templar all work well. Sorc and Nightblade, not so much IMO. My main in PVP is hybrid werewarden. I've also got a hybrid DK healer. That being said, hybrids are godlike while leveling because of favorable resource scaling.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know hybrids don't easily get the same damage numbers as min/max builds, but I'm leveling a dk hybrid in under 50 cyro for grins and it is beginning to feel like it could be viable.

I'm by no means an expert in theory crafting but is it because of the no cp that it feels stronger than it should be? Or is it that under 50 has more new pvpers? I just didn't expect the damage output/survivability that I seem to be getting.
    Thx for the thoughts in advance!

No, its not you. I use a hybrid templar and hyrbid NB. Both are extremely powerful...In fact, I like them over pure stam/mag builds. In fact, the build I have planned on the NB might literally make it "invincible," and if that really does happen I'm going to have to report combination for nerfing :( Now hybrid sorc? Ehhhh...never got it to work well YET. Working on that now though :)
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kadoin : I'm just a bit surprised at how viable these builds seem esp. because of the many threads/posts to the contrary.

I've not tried peninals yet mostly due to being able to get fairly even Stam/mag pools in other ways so the 5 piece bonus seems irrelevant. Unless I'm missing something shackle breaker plus axiom or axiom/mechanical acuity offers more than pelinals if the pools are roughly even.
  • AdzyTaylor
    Ive got 2 hybrids that are actually strong as *** at the moment

1 is a warden for no cp his in twice born star, clever alchemists, 1 domi & 1 mag regen monster set 5H 1M 1L i use crit and penetration on my 2 mundas stones sword n shield front bar frost staff back bar
    And my other is a sorc. trainie with pelinals 1 domi & 1 kena at the moment in 5M 1H 1L 2h sword front bar resto back bar
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    If you're in full sets of upgraded, crafted, gear and playing in kyne then yes you're going to feel pretty powerful as like others have said, most of the other players don't have the same level of gear. When I was leveling my warden I could fight entire teams with ease, same even on my new stamsorc. You won't know the builds true potential until you hit CP and can play with others in completed builds.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kadoin : I'm just a bit surprised at how viable these builds seem esp. because of the many threads/posts to the contrary.

I've not tried peninals yet mostly due to being able to get fairly even Stam/mag pools in other ways so the 5 piece bonus seems irrelevant. Unless I'm missing something shackle breaker plus axiom or axiom/mechanical acuity offers more than pelinals if the pools are roughly even.

Yep, people don't believe me when I tell them that I'm a hybrid and its better than any pure build right now... It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Wearing Pellinials is no longer mandatory, especially since Shacklebreaker came out. Any two sets can get you what you want if you plan it out well. Even weird and seemingly useless sets like Toothrow can be useful in a hybrid stam/ mag crit healer (using it you can reach over 60% crit on both weapon and spell crit, and with CP...). If people realized what hybrids are really capable of this patch, I think the game would be much more fun.