The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1gp/per respec?

Kevin_of_Devinshire
Seriously, Notes say 1gp/per respec? Your coding is as bad as Michael Bolton in Office Space. “This ain’t a Monday detail Michael!”

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General
    Respec costs have been temporarily set to 1 gold until the next incremental patch to allow you to perform a full respec cheaply, and regain skill points that may have been lost with a prior change to the Werewolf Devour skill.

Known Issue: The respec cost will appear to multiply for every skill point instead of being 1 gold. This is strictly a visual issue, and you can rest assured the cost is indeed just 1 gold.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    kargen27 wrote: »
    General
    Respec costs have been temporarily set to 1 gold until the next incremental patch to allow you to perform a full respec cheaply, and regain skill points that may have been lost with a prior change to the Werewolf Devour skill.

Known Issue: The respec cost will appear to multiply for every skill point instead of being 1 gold. This is strictly a visual issue, and you can rest assured the cost is indeed just 1 gold.

Is there a fix for those of us who don't have 115k gold on hand? The option doesn't work for me at the respec shrine, just because I don't have enough on hand. I know it won't take all of it, but I don't even get the option to do the full skill respec.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    General

Is there a fix for those of us who don't have 115k gold on hand? The option doesn't work for me at the respec shrine, just because I don't have enough on hand. I know it won't take all of it, but I don't even get the option to do the full skill respec.

Sell a handful of crowns, I guess?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell all or most of your Alkahest.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, Notes say 1gp/per respec? Your coding is as bad as Michael Bolton in Office Space. “This ain’t a Monday detail Michael!”

Tested still costs the full amount. close to 5 million gold to respect all my toons.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its so stupid that it cost gold, it shouldn’t costs anything. People are just trying to explore the game and their toons but all ZOS sees is an opportunity to use their slime ball strategies to dupe you into buying crown store scrolls instead.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    Its so stupid that it cost gold, it shouldn’t costs anything. People are just trying to explore the game and their toons but all ZOS sees is an opportunity to use their slime ball strategies to dupe you into buying crown store scrolls instead.

It should always cost gold, I'm even okay with it costing lots more gold. But when they change so many skills fundamentally they should just auto clear all lines that changed at the very least.

An incremental fee would be nice. 5g per SP the first time 10g second 20g third etc.

Hmmm I went ahead and respeced a toon so it looks like it actually costs 1g PER SP atm?
    Edited by elijafire on August 21, 2018 4:36AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy snip! You all are right it costs 48k to respec my werewolf because they didn’t refund the skillpoint for Devour. Clicking on it produces the error sound so no, it’s not just a visual bug. Um, why am I paying to fix their mistake?
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I just tested it in game, it requires you to have the full amount of gold that it would take to do a respec, and at the end it shows that it's going to remove a lot of gold from your inventory, but when you click on confirm, only 1 gold is removed from your inventory.

Personally I'd prefer to see it say 1 gold to respec, but that would require a patch, and they're taking it out next patch so...
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Holy snip! You all are right it costs 48k to respec my werewolf because they didn’t refund the skillpoint for Devour. Clicking on it produces the error sound so no, it’s not just a visual bug. Um, why am I paying to fix their mistake?

Don't bother with the respec to get the skill point from devour back. It's not working anyway, it will only return all other skill points but not that one.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Don't bother with the respec to get the skill point from devour back. It's not working anyway, it will only return all other skill points but not that one.

Yep this is the case
    nothing like testing before going live to work out that nothing works as intended, by hey this is ZOS
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Wow Zos, really. Smh