The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't get Messages Across Tamriel quest

leeny
leeny
Hi,
I just finished The Den of Lorkhaj in Reaper's March and the next quest is supposed to be Messages Across Tamriel accessible by speaking to Queen Ayrenn but she is not giving me the quest. She is in Dune in Reaper's March. I tried looking in the Mages Guild in Skywatch and quitting and restarting. Am I missing something? Or is this bugged? Thanks in advance.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already done the Coldharbor quest or finished the Main Quest, chances are you've already done Messages Across Tamriel and it can't be repeated.

If you haven't, try finishing the main quest up to right before you would have to fight Molag Bal since the Coldharbor quests are prerequisites. Alternatively, I think Vanus Galerion appears in the mages guild of your capital city for this quest.
  • leeny
    leeny
    Well, I'm still confused. I have not done Coldharbour. That's what I'm trying to access by starting Messages Across Tamriel and thought I couldn't do that until I finished the Lorkhaj one, which I just finished and thought was the main quest line. Don't know anything about Molog Bal yet. Sorry I'm so lost. Also, I looked for Vanus at the Mages Guild in Skywatch in Auridon and Elden Root in Grahtwood. So worried this is bugged and I have to make a new character!
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you done a quest called "Soul Shriven in Coldharbor", received from a hooded stranger near your starting city(either Daggerfall, Dayvon's watch or Vulkhel Guard)?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the quest description: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Messages_Across_Tamriel_(Dominion)

If you haven't done the Main Quest up to the Council of the Five Companions, do that as well.

This quest got funky after one Tamriel, because when quests were leveled, you finished your alliance quest and your main quest to this point at about the same time.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level are you? These used to be tied to levels, triggering every 5 or so, I believe.

That one doesn't come from Ayrenn, anyway. A rep from the MG appears, similar to how the Prophet does when you wayshrine or enter a major city
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 20, 2018 11:58AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level are you? These used to be tied to levels, triggering every 5 or so, I believe.

That was prior to One Tamriel and isn't the case anymore, though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is not really given by a specific NPC, it just gets assigned when you complete the 5th Zone MQ for your Alliance. Sometimes an NPC shows up and gives it to you, but I dont always get that. Then again, I tend to do Coldharbor before I am supposed to.

Now, first thing to check, your journal. Is the quest in there? Second thing to check is the Fighters Guild in your Alliance, and there should be a portal there. It is not the same portal that sends you to the Forge.

Is the Hollow City WS open? Just use that and look for the groundskeeper near the Temple and talk to her
    Edited by Nestor on August 20, 2018 1:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• leeny
    leeny
    Thanks for all the great tips. I checked in the fighter's guild and mages guild in Eldon Root and I think all the Harborage quests are finished. I'm Champion Level 300+ and am a returning player and this alt was leveled already, so not sure what quests I've completed as I don't think there's any way to tell. I have finished all the zones in the Aldemeri Dominion except for just the side quests in Reaper's March. I'm trying to get to Coldharbour so I can get to the new zones and get all the skyshards. Do I have to complete Summerset first? I think I just need to play the game and eventually the quest will turn up. I've got to be missing something. Thanks again!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to complete Summerset. I'd try checking your achievements since those should show major quest achievements that you finished.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to your journal and check the achievements list. You should be able to see which zones you've done what in, including the main quests. One is to stop the planemeld, the other is to get your soul back.

You can see which dungeons you've done, which bosses you missed [if any], and what might be needed to finish any achievements.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the portal you need is in Vulkhel Gaurd.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"