The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplars do you prefer heavy or light in solo or smallscale pvp this patch?

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious what you experienced magplars prefer for solo play this patch.
Light or heavy?
Edited by Ariades_swe on August 18, 2018 11:23AM

Magplars do you prefer heavy or light in solo or smallscale pvp this patch? 42 votes

I prefer heavy
42%
AkinosKoensolmertustaJeremySungodkollege14a5felinith66CadburyWreckfulAbandonNeoauspexTiphisBrutusmax1musLieblingsjungeagrr70NelothThogardDatthawMrsinister2 18 votes
I prefer light
57%
SynozeerSpringt-Über-ZwergeSheezabeastSorisWeesacsCatchMeTrollingSkinzzHammy01Ariades_sweaetherial_heavennSyiccalPapaWeebPijngTheDoomsdayMonsterStibbonsHippie4927LukosCreydenak_pvpCheckmathTheRedRavenTR 24 votes
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    Heavy.

You have no proactive defence as a magplar, so the mitigation comes in handy. + the resource return should you need to heavy attack.

And I was duelling a DK for testing purposes. In Light I did 9% more damage, but also took 9% more damage.
    So for me it's roughly a 9% damage trade-off.
    And honestly, I prefer taking 9% less than dealing 9% more in most cases. Except, maybe, if the group is 3-4 people, where you have another player using e.g. healing ward or something to get you out of tricky situations.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light
    Was in heavy for the longest time. First time going light.. not a huge difference in survivability but I hit way harder now.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light
    5 Light all day long...

The passives for 5 Light give you alot of Firepower, make your abilities significantly cheaper, and adds to sustain...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    As a templar healer heavy outweighs light by alot, spell pen doesnt increase heals so that passive is useless. Templar healer is also very easy to pick out of a crowd and as such get focused alot, the extra dmg reduction is nice. The extra regen from LA would be great but with resto heavy attacks and the rune morph that gives magicka, I feel fine with my regen as is.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light
    Light, it’s easier to play in heavy but once you get accustomed to the strengths and weaknesses of light it’s just better.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    Too many shields atm for me to worry about the light armor damage perks. Been blocking more recently due to the power creep, xoxo constitution.
    Tiphis wrote: »
    As a templar healer heavy outweighs light by alot, spell pen doesnt increase heals so that passive is useless. Templar healer is also very easy to pick out of a crowd and as such get focused alot, the extra dmg reduction is nice. The extra regen from LA would be great but with resto heavy attacks and the rune morph that gives magicka, I feel fine with my regen as is.

It's definitely not useless though.

I only run light when I'm small group or group support. But not wearing at least 1 defensive set (typically 2) in light armor is incredibly easy to burst down. Light is not for solo cyro or bg play without building for defense though sets. Some how you've gotta get it.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light
    ppl talk about resistance but in light I have 29k spell resist and 28k physical resist, 3.3 crit resist in light ( no brass here) done properly light is so much better all round more dmg and sustain than heavy with the same if not better survivability. play heavy if your new to temp and learning how to defend then make the switch to light and thank me later
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    I feel like you can pretty much reach the same damage and sustain in heavy that you can in light with maybe just less penetration. I tend to die to alot of things I know I would have survived in heavy.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light
    But tbh I'm just stubborn and don't like to go the direction I feel I'm being pushed. And at this point my magplar PVPs just enough to get to tier 3 rewards and then goes back to PVE-land. Other classes are actually fun to play in this meta.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    I've been rockin' heavy since the first month of the game. Even in the very first ESO video I uploaded, I had heavy on lol.
    I dunno what it is but I've always done amazing in heavy, all of my best 1vX fights were in heavy, even on my magdk.
    Don't get it twisted though, I like light armor and do great with it too. But for me and my playstyle I think heavy is the best choice for me, even if I'm sorta nerfing my damage.

Edited by Akinos on August 18, 2018 6:07PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer heavy
    Just curious what you experienced magplars prefer for solo play this patch.
    Light or heavy?

I prefer heavy in PvP.

Heals are incredibly weak anyway and frankly not worth the investment. You're better off building a more defensive build in my opinion.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 20, 2018 11:08PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go 5 light 2 heavy on biggest pieces, reinforced chest and rest all impene.

If you're argo with decent stats (don't overlook spell crit for higher healing output, it helps tremendously), you will be totally fine with something like BS to keep you tankier and let you use sweep more often for even more damage mitigation.

It helps a lot if your stam management is superb, since then you can dodge and block heal very often too.