The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperials: The Redheaded Stepchild of Furnishings & Housing

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Woe upon us poor unfortunate Imperial souls! Not only is our homeland in ruins but our furniture situation is pretty dire. How shall I pass the time without a sweet colovian street light? Perhaps with a new song called "No furniture! No furniture! Perhaps ZOS can answer us on when?" sung to the tune of Red Diamond.

All jokes aside, Imperials are being treated as the red headed stepchild of furniture and ZOS needs to try find a way to address this and not make us feel like an afterthought.

1. There are no furniture plans for Imperials. Furnishing an entire Imperial house costs and insane amount of crowns. I estimate I spent around 50k crowns on my Linchal Grand Manor alone to keep it true to Imperial theme. This is prohibitively expensive. Something has to be done to let them start dropping in the game with a focus on the Gold Coast region and Cyrodiil.

2. Lack of variety. Compared to other races there are very few Imperial furnishings and most are just a reskin of Breton furniture. I walk around areas in the Gold Coast or Imperial city and look in green jealousy at all the unused furnishing that are right there in the game but not accessible either through crafting or the crown store.

3. No additional substyles. There's no subdivision of Colovian or Nibenese substyles. I don't get it. Things like Colovian street lights exist. Imperial City variations of lights exist. It would be so utterly simple to enable them on the crown store. What's the hold up and why not allow us access to them?

ZOS it's time to make Imperials a fully fledged race that can stand as equals with other races when it comes to housing and furniture. No more of this crown wrangling, allow us to have plans already! Heck if you must, give us plans as rewards for ESO plus on a monthly basis. As a proud Imperial I demand to no longer be a second class Tamrielite!

Do the right thing ;-)

@ZOS_Holden @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so much yes
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Woe upon us poor unfortunate Imperial souls! Not only is our homeland in ruins but our furniture situation is pretty dire. How shall I pass the time without a sweet colovian street light? Perhaps with a new song called "No furniture! No furniture! Perhaps ZOS can answer us on when?" sung to the tune of Red Diamond.

All jokes aside, Imperials are being treated as the red headed stepchild of furniture and ZOS needs to try find a way to address this and not make us feel like an afterthought.

1. There are no furniture plans for Imperials. Furnishing an entire Imperial house costs and insane amount of crowns. I estimate I spent around 50k crowns on my Linchal Grand Manor alone to keep it true to Imperial theme. This is prohibitively expensive. Something has to be done to let them start dropping in the game with a focus on the Gold Coast region and Cyrodiil.

2. Lack of variety. Compared to other races there are very few Imperial furnishings and most are just a reskin of Breton furniture. I walk around areas in the Gold Coast or Imperial city and look in green jealousy at all the unused furnishing that are right there in the game but not accessible either through crafting or the crown store.

3. No additional substyles. There's no subdivision of Colovian or Nibenese substyles. I don't get it. Things like Colovian street lights exist. Imperial City variations of lights exist. It would be so utterly simple to enable them on the crown store. What's the hold up and why not allow us access to them?

ZOS it's time to make Imperials a fully fledged race that can stand as equals with other races when it comes to housing and furniture. No more of this crown wrangling, allow us to have plans already! Heck if you must, give us plans as rewards for ESO plus on a monthly basis. As a proud Imperial I demand to no longer be a second class Tamrielite!

Do the right thing ;-)

So why again would they change anything currently with imperial furnishings?

The current way is designed to get you to spend. Which you did. This just proves to them that their current course of action is the correct one to take.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on August 17, 2018 3:53PM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Do the right thing ;-)

The current way is designed to get you to spend. Which you did. This just proves to them that their current course of action is the correct one to take.

Not everybody spent that much money on imperial furnishings and still yearns for them
    Edited by huschdeguddzje on August 17, 2018 3:55PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if the want me to only spend crowns on Imperial furnishing, at least enable the other styles and items on the crown store then. Heck that would make good business sense. :wink:

The truth is though that Imperial furnishing plans are long overdue in this game.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do the right thing ;-)

Not everybody spent that much money on imperial furnishings and still yearns for them

It only takes a couple whales, that is the whole marketing design behind the crown store in this game.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even if the want me to only spend crowns on Imperial furnishing, at least enable the other styles and items on the crown store then. Heck that would make good business sense. :wink:

The truth is though that Imperial furnishing plans are long overdue in this game.

I agree that there should be imperial furnishing plans. But if people are spending countless thousands of crowns on these furnishings they will be less motivated to add the furnishings to the game to be created for free.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only takes a couple whales, that is the whole marketing design behind the crown store in this game.

Can you not derail this thread into a lets bash the crown store and people who use it commentary?

This is a sincere appeal to ZOS to improve the quality and variety of Imperial furnishing and allow for it to be acquired through non-crown store means. If you want to bash the crown store then please do so on the one hundred and one other threads out there dedicated to the topic...

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you not derail this thread into a lets bash the crown store and people who use it commentary?

This is a sincere appeal to ZOS to improve the quality and variety of Imperial furnishing and allow for it to be acquired through non-crown store means. If you want to bash the crown store then please do so on the one hundred and one other threads out there dedicated to the topic...

Woah. That escalated quickly. Not entirely sure how what I said is considered bashing by you. You asked for something to be taken from the cash shop and put in the game for free. All I am telling you is how unlikely that is and how your behavior in the crown-store is directly detrimental to your goal of wanting the furniture craft-able in the game for free.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah. That escalated quickly. Not entirely sure how what I said is considered bashing by you. You asked for something to be taken from the cash shop and put in the game for free. All I am telling you is how unlikely that is and how your behavior in the crown-store is directly detrimental to your goal of wanting the furniture craft-able in the game for free.

Yup, you were quite fixated on the crown store being the issue. Meanwhile, you ignore the other points on variety of items and making more available.

I don't think this is the opportune thread to try point out crown store economy. The focus of this is making Imperials equal in furnishing variety and more accessible to the general public through plans or ESO+. Could you maybe try focus on that instead of escalating things to micro focus on crown store marketing?
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    MAKE IMPERIALS GREAT AGAIN!

This is the worst furniture deal in the history of furniture deals ever!
    Edited by Freddycruz89 on August 17, 2018 5:03PM
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least most of the current Imperial furniture offerings are just reskins of the Breton furniture. So, you can save some real money and make do with Breton.

I decided to purchase the Jungle House with gold instead of Crowns and just furnish it with Breton furniture. I had initially planned to buy it with Crowns furnished, so I would at least have some Imperial furnishings to start with, until I realized that a lot of the furnishings included are actually Breton.

While I'd love to see the Imperial furnishings become craftable, it's doubtful that they will. What about all the people, including the OP, who spent real money on them when they were CS exclusive? I'm sure a lot of players would be clamoring for a refund.

That said, I'd still like to see them become craftable. Or how about at least introducing some of the other furniture that currently isn't available, in the form of plans - let us craft at least some Imperial furnishings, please.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    That said, I'd still like to see them become craftable. Or how about at least introducing some of the other furniture that currently isn't available, in the form of plans - let us craft at least some Imperial furnishings, please.

Perhaps that would be a fair middle ground - all future Imperial furniture that gets introduced can drop via plans in addition to being available on the crown store. It would make the "original" furnishings retain their crown store exclusivity and open up new exciting styles like Colovian or Imperial City/Nibenese furnishings to the game.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Perhaps that would be a fair middle ground - all future Imperial furniture that gets introduced can drop via plans in addition to being available on the crown store. It would make the "original" furnishings retain their crown store exclusivity and open up new exciting styles like Colovian or Imperial City/Nibenese furnishings to the game.

Yeah...and a lot of that is nicer than what's currently available. Let the Bretons keep their clunky furniture. :p
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES please!

I am an Imperial roleplayer and most of my houses are Imperial themed but I have had to make do with other cultural furnishings, just "pretending" it's Imperial style. Flat out, most of the crown only Imperial furniture is hideous anyway.

Dirty greenish wood isn't what I think of when I think of Imperials. I want more polished white marble and the Roman influence you see around Anvil and the Imperial City please!

And yes, it's absolutely terrible that it's all crown exclusive. It's fine to have SOME be crown exclusive, but toss us a bone, ZOS...
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make furnishing plans drop only from the Imperial City + Sewers - maybe with a larger chance to drop from the Bosses.
    Win Win situation :#
    We get Imperial Furnishing plans, and IC gets busier \o/
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ok, I can replace imperial furniture with breton in my imperial houses, with spending crowns only for things that are unique enough. But give me banners of all sizes! Especially small. There are already models in game, why we can get only ragged one and one so huge that it doesn't fit most houses?

jxfWPui.png
    u4V5j7B.png
    0zqbVeI.png

• PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree that there should be imperial furnishing plans. But if people are spending countless thousands of crowns on these furnishings they will be less motivated to add the furnishings to the game to be created for free.

People need to vote with their wallets.

That being said, if there is a PvE imperial DLC down the line, I'm sure that would introduce some recipes. Not that I have any idea of what recipes are available as furniture recipes are for an achievement or for selling.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adore those banners! Wish we could have some! I'd love this Colovian Imperial fountain and those streetlights on top you can find in Kvatch:

43gprcoo68y6.png

Or these Imperial City wall lights:

fagsrd429xiz.png

Or this beat up statue of the Emperor (not like the one in crown store) and Colovian Streetlamp:

v93ni1dmgsex.png

The assets exist, just enable them through the crownstore and plans which can drop in Cyrodiil/IC mobs/Imperial mobs in the game.

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popping in to say that I love that you used the "red-headed stepchild" idiom to describe how ZOS is treating Imperials.

And if anyone doesn't understand why, go read about Rome and redheads.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just adding my voice to the request for more Imperial love. There are so many great Imperial assets in the game - as exampled in this thread - let us have them in some way. The IC/Cyro drops idea was brilliant!

I think the old argument was because Imperial race was an upgrade purchase - but so is Summerset (technically) yet we got "Alinor" furnishings.

Another Nibenese style house but smaller (maybe the size of the barn in Linchal Grand Manor) would be awesome as well.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will add some DLC that will include Skingrad or some other areas from Cyrodiil that are not present already. And when that will happen, they could add a sub style for imperial furnishings.

Anyway, the actual ones are a bit dated, if you look at the more recent Morrowind and Alinor furnishings, which are much more detailed and polished. I would like some new higher resolution pieces, or maybe a similar style. Let those original imperial items rot in the crown store for all I care, they are not that great anyway. Most of them have a Breton copy.

I am a big fan of anything imperial, so I agree with the OP, the imperials deserve more attention, more items and content!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the material lists for furniture plans, it's clear that "common" actually means Imperial, as those use the Imperial style material, Nickel. However, I would like to see a few uncommon items added.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

People need to vote with their wallets.

That being said, if there is a PvE imperial DLC down the line, I'm sure that would introduce some recipes. Not that I have any idea of what recipes are available as furniture recipes are for an achievement or for selling.

There already was, of sorts - Dark Brotherhood. That's set in the Gold Coast - but it was before Homestead. But, they could add Imperial furniture plan drops in that zone, as well as IC, if they were to introduce Imperial plans.

I recall that on PTS, there were Imperial plans to craft, but then they removed them at some point and relegated Nickel to crafting common furnishing items. I assume they decided to relegate the Imperial race to generating revenue in the CS, keeping all things Imperial only accessible via a credit card. Though I understand that with the removal of achievement requirements for small/medium homes, that now anyone can purchase Cyrodilic Jungle House or Domus Phrasticus for gold, regardless of whether they have the Imperial race. I never really thought that was a perk, though - being able to buy Imperial homes for gold - as you still have to spend Crowns if you want to furnish them in the Imperial style.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 24, 2018 6:20PM