The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo magplar PvP build werewolf hunter patch

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Ariades_swe on August 18, 2018 5:43PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think there’s better ccs out there than toppling , haven’t ran that in years. Vamp drain is still really good and it’s buggy as hell. Clench is an option for range. Time freeze is one for close/aie range as well.

As far as the comment about good players don’t die to ccs I think that’s not true because the only way to kill a decent player is to cc or ult them. If you don’t cc good players they’re not going to die.

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think there’s better ccs out there than toppling , haven’t ran that in years. Vamp drain is still really good and it’s buggy as hell. Clench is an option for range. Time freeze is one for close/aie range as well.

As far as the comment about good players don’t die to ccs I think that’s not true because the only way to kill a decent player is to cc or ult them. If you don’t cc good players they’re not going to die.

I still use Vamp Drain (Accelerating Morph), but it's no longer a reliable stun as it's been nearly nerfed into the ground...

Opponents can now straight up dodge it, and the stun no longer goes through block...

For me at any rate, the only savings grace is that you get the Minor Expedition buff once it goes off no matter if you are Bashed, if it's dodged, or blocked...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still use Vamp Drain (Accelerating Morph), but it's no longer a reliable stun as it's been nearly nerfed into the ground...

Opponents can now straight up dodge it, and the stun no longer goes through block...

For me at any rate, the only savings grace is that you get the Minor Expedition buff once it goes off no matter if you are Bashed, if it's dodged, or blocked...

Can say the same about toppling which is more obvious to spot than drain.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya regarding vamp drain i must have missed notes or smthg and noticed that it can now be blocked or dodged. When did this bs go live?

I ran 3 swift + minor exp from it, loved. But it sucked for cc.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    Ya regarding vamp drain i must have missed notes or smthg and noticed that it can now be blocked or dodged. When did this bs go live?

It's been blockable for a long time. Used to be undodgeable, though I haven't run it since CWC.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both Morphs of Drain also take longer to 'latch on' to an opponent as well...

If an opponent is moving it's very difficult to get the ability to land; they now have to be directly in front of you for what feels like at least 1 and 1/2 seconds to land it...

It used to be much easier to land the Drain on opponents...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 18, 2018 7:37PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

The stun being blockable has been around for a while now...

The ability being dodgable happened on the next to the last major patch I think...

I hate both changes...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 19, 2018 12:58AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the redundancy between toppling charge and total Dark. Total Dark for people doing a combo in your face (when toppling is uselss) and toppling for Closing a gap ... unless you plan on total dark spamming an enemy trying to flee?

Also with Rattellecage, templar is not a sorcerer where there is a something of a consensus about what's an effective cookie cutter build. Templars can't even agree whether or not heavy or light is the way to go. Of course you are going to have better stats if you don't use Rattlecage, the whole point of the set is to trade stats for the use of an extra bar space.

Overwhelming and Wizards + proc monster set didn't give very good stats either, but it was a strong build because what it offered in place of the stats you otherwise get running Shackle+Amber.+Dom+Kena
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 18, 2018 8:05PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both Morphs of Drain also take longer to 'latch on' to an opponent as well...

If an opponent is moving it's very difficult to get the ability to land; they now have to be directly in front of you for what feels like at least 1 and 1/2 seconds to land it...

It used to be much easier to land the Drain on opponents...

When I used it I would cancel it before anyone could react to it and I’m usually melee so it wasn’t a problem landing. I just know for the longest that cc was one of the most broken ccs in the game because it was similar to fear when it comes to being unable to break free.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man, there is always going to be critics. I love gap closer because stam builds always running away.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan. Rattle is a set for lazy templars.

Rattle, thousands of potions or spamming entrophy until your firger bleeds. I would rather pick the 2 more needed slots.
    Edited by Stibbons on August 20, 2018 10:59AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda on the fence with total dark in general. Have some stamplar running at you jabbing like a mad man that total dark doesn't reflect ***, you need a real cc. Same goes for alot of the dw spin to win meta players, that eclipse is not going to give you a saving cc at low hp because it's not "direct damage" it's why I can't slot it over jav

Unless I am mistaken been a while since I slotted it.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    I'm kinda on the fence with total dark in general. Have some stamplar running at you jabbing like a mad man that total dark doesn't reflect ***, you need a real cc. Same goes for alot of the dw spin to win meta players, that eclipse is not going to give you a saving cc at low hp because it's not "direct damage" it's why I can't slot it over jav

Unless I am mistaken been a while since I slotted it.

It's def not a reall cc
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total dark depends on your opponent really. I usually break free automatically, I still think it needs some work for it to become a mandatory skill.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Not a fan. Rattle is a set for lazy templars.

Rattle, thousands of potions or spamming entrophy until your firger bleeds. I would rather pick the 2 more needed slots.

Do you really find yourself saving on pots though? It's either spell power or tristat. I'm always popping one or the other.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total dark depends on your opponent really. I usually break free automatically, I still think it needs some work for it to become a mandatory skill.

This is exactly why Rattlecage is appealing to solo MagPlars. The class has too many situational and/or single purpose skills.

That is also what creates the illusion of flexibility. Yes, you can come up with a bunch of different hotbar setups, but what flexibility really means is being able to effectively react to different situations in game and in that regard most other classes are simply better using their one or two "best" setups, because they contain more multi-purpose and universally useful skills.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of Overwhelming, I prefer SB by a large margin.
    The video guide is nice and well done tho, also it suggested some point of discussion which is always nice.

I also quite like using T-Charge to move around or close gaps with who is faster than me (basically anyone in a battleground)

EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly why Rattlecage is appealing to solo MagPlars. The class has too many situational and/or single purpose skills.

That is also what creates the illusion of flexibility. Yes, you can come up with a bunch of different hotbar setups, but what flexibility really means is being able to effectively react to different situations in game and in that regard most other classes are simply better using their one or two "best" setups, because they contain more multi-purpose and universally useful skills.

I agree. I really hate when people run from me, I cant stand it. So toppling really helps me catch those speedy mobility classes.
    Dude Where's My Guar?