The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(Fixed) Moonhunter Keep Can Cure Your Werewolf

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
DO NOT CLICK THE DIALOGUE OPTION I HAVE UNDERLINED BELOW, doing so will cure your werewolf.
a2yowj3uaazs.png
The text wasn't even red. When you ask the npc if they are able to cure your lycantrophy, there isn't a further confirmation to do so he just cures it. I just wanted to see further dialogue about the lore of the cure and this cured me of my lycanthrophy… I would think he would have given me a "Are you sure you want me to do this?" Here is the dialogue he says when he cures you incase anyone is interested.
r45q5dodwn88.png
Edit: Gina commented that they plan to remove this but it would be nice rp to leave it in. Next to the cure npc is a khajiit werewolf, what if we gave the option to make this werewolf give out bites to non werewolves and people who accidently cured themselves? it would be fitting in a werewolf themed dlc to have another source of werewolf bites and add more value to the dlc. 85vtvicr2j1k.png
Edited by Aliyavana on August 22, 2018 10:17PM
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up! This is a massive oversight on ZOS's part.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow that is a huge oversight
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we'll start seeing selling bite for 20k in zone chat again.
    Edited by testd4n1 on August 15, 2018 7:25PM
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling ww bite for 20k...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did it at least have the red text for the dialog option?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me... already sent a ticket..
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recall, I don't believe so. Even then it should have a (This change will cure your werewolf)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I don't recall, I don't believe so. Even then it should have a (This change will cure your werewolf)

Ack, that is bad. :/ Cutting off access to a skill line should have at least as much warning as choosing a quest branch.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was there when it happened to him - we'd completed - and he was looking for Werewolfy Dialogue - I LOL'd xD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Psst, hey kid, you want to be cured?"
    "Yeah, sure."
    "You're cured."
    "WTF!? NOOO! I didn't want this even though I agreed to it! Why?"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We'll have this removed in a future patch to avoid any further confusion or surprises.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

little cheap dont you think?
    with this new warewolf patch i was expecting Atleast 250,000 per scratch.
    if you are actually selling it for 20k and that is the normal asking price then, all i can say is .. wow, "extreme undercut"
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We'll have this removed in a future patch to avoid any further confusion or surprises.

Awww would be nice to leave it- but give red dialogue or (This choice will cure your Werewolf) type thing

It was funny though, tbh xD
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why a future patch and not asap?? people are probly clicking that button thinking their completeing a quest and losing their werewolf thats a issue that needs immediate attention.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, people asked for werewolf-specific dialog. And they got exactly what they asked for! :trollface:
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it happened to me! Lol my guild was cracking up!

I legit thought he’d say something like “Sorry only enough curative for me, but I know a guy.”

Thankfully the guild mates I was running with gave me a bite right after but it was a real shock! I think I even tried to roll dodge out of the prayer rune lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe keep the dialogue option but say that the guy used the last of the cure and requires to find more for rp purposes. Thank you tho for stopping by and acknowledging it.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 15, 2018 8:44PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

why a future patch and not asap?? people are probly clicking that button thinking their completeing a quest and losing their werewolf thats a issue that needs immediate attention.

Maybe it can't be hotfixed.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you are actually selling it for 20k and that is the normal asking price then, all i can say is .. wow, "extreme undercut"

Mine are ALWAYS free. o:)

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Awww would be nice to leave it- but give red dialogue or (This choice will cure your Werewolf) type thing

Agree with this. It seems to be a reasonable thing given the theme of the dungeon, just put the appropriate 'this is a serious choice don't skip through the text' warning labels on it. We already get [So-and-so Dies] and [So-and-so Lives] tags for some quest choices so there's precedent.

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Maybe it can't be hotfixed.

they have a whole team of programmers and the day is still young so wheres the excuse?? its just lack of quality control again on zoses part again. if everything was thought through none of this would even come forward as a problem wed all keep playing unhindered.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, i'm a vampire.. shsssh, he's going to be so confused, haha. First he's cured on accident then he turns into a vamp...
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on August 15, 2018 8:56PM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typical Pay2Win Pay2LoseLycanthropy DLC.
    PS5 EU.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 12 vampires laugh at this
  • Xoz
    Xoz
    ✭✭✭
    inb4 crownstore werewolves do this on accident and ask for reimbursement in tickets
    PS4 & PC
    AD
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe you can make the khajiit werewolf give out bites to counteract this cure, this can be given as a feature of the dlc to give easy access to werewolves and would fit the theme of the dlc
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict some salty werewolves posting soon...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh wow! This totally explains the guy I bit at the shrine yesterday saying he "accidentally lost" his WW. I thought he was RPing!
    Edited by anadandy on August 15, 2018 9:30PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina commented that they plan to remove this but it would be nice rp to leave it in. Next to the cure is a a khajiit werewolf, what if we gave the option to make this werewolf give out bites? it would be fitting in a werewolf themed dlc to have another source of werewolf bites and add value to the dlc. 85vtvicr2j1k.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 15, 2018 9:32PM
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up, glad I read this before I went in there, I'm always clicking on the wrong thing when I'm not wearing my glasses. I would have been so confused...
    PC EU & NA