The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Choice of stamina dps pve (or pvp?) (stamina sorcer vs stamina templar?)

Edelner
Edelner
✭✭
i wonder what stamina dps build should i choose.The best race is Redguard , i am a hundred per cent sure of that.And now first question.It is possible to be good in pve and pvpe on the same character or i must create one character for pve and another for pvp? I don't want play stamblade and stam warden., stam dk is bad after last patch, and dk is more tank class than dps, so remain stamina sorcerer vs stamina templar.What is better?
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edelner wrote: »
    i wonder what stamina dps build should i choose.The best race is Redguard , i am a hundred per cent sure of that.And now first question.It is possible to be good in pve and pvpe on the same character or i must create one character for pve and another for pvp? I don't want play stamblade and stam warden., stam dk is bad after last patch, and dk is more tank class than dps, so remain stamina sorcerer vs stamina templar.What is better?

It depends on playstyle.

For PvE, stam sorc will be a lot easier than stamplar due to crit surge. Depending on what you are trying to do, either can work. For high end trials, I'd say stam sorc is better but for high end trials, between stam sorc and stamplar you should choose magblade.

Unless you are pushing for leaderboards it comes down more to playstyle. If you prefer having a spammable or just like jabs, go Templar. But stam sorc will provide a smoother experience overall since the skill floor is much lower imo.

As a side note, if you want to do a mix of PvE and PvP, orc will be better than Red Guard. Stam sorc has the best synergy with orc for most builds, and since it is largely hit and run, you won't benefit much from adrenaline rush. Stamplar works as Red Guard. That's what mine is but if you plan to run medium in PvP, Orc or Nord would be better.

If you're focus is PvE and you don't mind a semi-useful passive for PvP then 100% go Red Guard.
  • Edelner
    Edelner
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

It depends on playstyle.

For PvE, stam sorc will be a lot easier than stamplar due to crit surge. Depending on what you are trying to do, either can work. For high end trials, I'd say stam sorc is better but for high end trials, between stam sorc and stamplar you should choose magblade.

Unless you are pushing for leaderboards it comes down more to playstyle. If you prefer having a spammable or just like jabs, go Templar. But stam sorc will provide a smoother experience overall since the skill floor is much lower imo.

As a side note, if you want to do a mix of PvE and PvP, orc will be better than Red Guard. Stam sorc has the best synergy with orc for most builds, and since it is largely hit and run, you won't benefit much from adrenaline rush. Stamplar works as Red Guard. That's what mine is but if you plan to run medium in PvP, Orc or Nord would be better.

If you're focus is PvE and you don't mind a semi-useful passive for PvP then 100% go Red Guard.

What about stam dk? Is he really worse than stam sorcer and templar?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a dps spot in competitive PvE, but hate stamblades, stamplar is your only choice. If you just want to run trials, not for best score you can play any stam class successfully.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard is fine for pvp too
    Not top 1 race but definitly top 2 and more versatile

Stamsorc is ok i main one but i m going to try stamplar they simply seem better rounded up. The skills ceiling seem higher though
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on playstyle.

What about stam dk? Is he really worse than stam sorcer and templar?

Not much experience with stam DK in PvE unfortunately.

Just to clarify, when I say High-end I just mean Vet trials and not score runs, where stam sorc is going to be much more forgiving. Stamplar would be your go to if you're trying for leaderboards. But considering you're asking what class to play it sounds like you don't have a dedicated guild group to run with. Stam sorc is going to be the most well rounded in terms of what it can do with low-average mechanics/group co-ordination. You can virtually walk through vMA and you don't need to rely on pub healers thanks to Surge.

If you're just looking for a class to run through vet dungeons, any class would work. If you want something that will perform well with good return:time played ratios, stam sorc hands down.

And I only say avoid Red Guard because I am PvP focused so keep that in mind. Only brought it up because you said it was BiS, but didn't specify for what. Just wanted to provide all the info you would need to make your decision.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much exactly what @IAVITNI has said. Since it sounds like you're starting out, StamSorc is definitely the easier class to learn on. Get your feet wet and have fun with a Sorc, then roll a Stamplar later when you want some variety and a bit more challenge.

+1 vote for Orc Stamina Sorcs. The run speed and melee bonuses makes Orc the shoe-in pick for me. Redguards seem more suited to the Templar class anyway, imo. Their resource management helps much more there than it would on a Sorcerer, I think.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on playstyle.

PMSL :lol::lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If top 5 score runs are off the table, both are viable, but only stamblade and stamplar are competitive in the best of the best raids.

I prefer my stam sorc to my stamplar in PVE if I am being honest. I like the mobility, monster AOE, and self heals. It is an easier class to play and learn end game, and I frankly have more fun with it. That said, Stamplar is going to win the single target DPS race. Stamplar rotation is a bit harder, but neither are as bad as NB.

In PVP, stamplar is stronger, especially small scale and 1v1. Great pressure, and a cheap purge. Sorc's are going to be a bit more mobile, and again, they have a lower skill threshold required to play one well. Although, the best stamplar, will likely destroy the best stam sorc 1v1.