The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What gear is your werewolf using?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you already have a set ready or will you be farming?
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Using Eternal Hunt (pack requirement) and Ravager along with Earthgore (and sometimes Molag Kena when solo). Also use Impregnable when I need some more staying power...this is for PVP
    Edited by Feannag on August 13, 2018 4:57PM
    Feannag
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, plague doctor for more tankiness, shacklebreaker for more stats and kena for maximum light attack damage.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to prolong WW as best poss so probably salvation / blood spawn / potentes or similar. But I only run my WW for lols
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Woosha
    Woosha
    Soul Shriven
    I'll still be running a hybrid templar ww with Peninal's Aptitude and either sload or sometimes torug's. It has been nerfed pretty bad thought.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a different one; Dreugh King Slayer, Strength of the Automaton, and Mighty Chudan. Notable other details of Gear; all Legendary including Infused Jewelry. Chest is a Reinforced Cuirass of the Dreugh King Slayer. Nirnhoned Automaton's Maul. Back Bar Weapon Type varies...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woosha wrote: »
    I'll still be running a hybrid templar ww with Peninal's Aptitude and either sload or sometimes torug's. It has been nerfed pretty bad thought.

How so?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

How so?

I´m asking myself the same question :/

Werewolf with Pelinial builds died this patch.
    For PvP, plague doctor for more tankiness, shacklebreaker for more stats and kena for maximum light attack damage.

Green Pact > Plague Doctor (personal preference). Especially since Artheum Takaway Broth is consider a "food", it synergies very well with what werewolfs "need" this patch (except for magicka recovery, which is also important)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

How so?

Green Pact > Plague Doctor (personal preference). Especially since Artheum Takaway Broth is consider a "food", it synergies very well with what werewolfs "need" this patch (except for magicka recovery, which is also important)

There's a lot more options though right? Also so many pack members!
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Just need a food (or drink)that is Health and Stamina with Magicka and Stamina regen. Not going to hold my breath.

I have also seen some folks run Impregnable or Fortified Brass for some extra tanky-ness.

Feannag
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pelinal's is still effective if your looking to play a hybrid werewolf character/ heavy on the magicka side.

One of my Builds (Hairy Situation) still will utilize it. As it is the only way to effectively increase heal (in human form) and werewolf damage by stacking weapon damage). This set up is suprising effective in no cp pvp still.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Woosha
    Woosha
    Soul Shriven

How so?

The healing from hircine's rage has almost been halved on a hybrid, I had a 20k tooltip on that sucker.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    Just need a food (or drink)that is Health and Stamina with Magicka and Stamina regen. Not going to hold my breath.

I have also seen some folks run Impregnable or Fortified Brass for some extra tanky-ness.

It doesn't include max stamina, but Orzoga's bear haunch has max health, and boosts all 3 recoveries which can be just as good.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker, ravager, bloodspawn right now. Might try Cyrodiils ward when it’s fixed as I like the healing off damage morph now over defile.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    For PVP I've got Troll King, Green Pact, and I'm going to give Ranger's Gait a try (didn't get a chance to test in PTS first).
    For PVE I'm doing Kra'ghs, Hunding's Rage, Bahraha's Curse. Might swap out Hunding's for Essence Thief just to play around with it more with "live" PVE stuff since I just used it with solo stuff during PTS.

Still need to farm Kena because light attack spam. Probably Blood Moon too since that seemed to do pretty well in PTS.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kena with automatons and the new moon hunter. Still trying to farm it.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Hadn’t thought about Bahraha’s...have to dig that out from the old SAP Tank days and give that a try for PVE.
    Feannag
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

How so?

There's a lot more options though right? Also so many pack members!

There´re numerous options for werewolf in PvP. WW is basically carried by gear due to them being "locked" into their limited choices of skills and passives. And it all comes down to how you want to play. You can do anything from tanking zergs to one-shot people as a werewolf. Therefore I wouldn´t say there are any kind of "BiS" build for werewolfs in PvP. And the best advice I can give is to make sure you´ve access to many different sets to play around with :)

Regarding Green Pact I prefer to pair it with:

1) Ozorga´s Smoked Bear Haunch: My #1 choice when it comes to solo/smallgroup play. You´ll lose a fair amount of max stamina with this. But I feel magicka recovery this patch is important in order to sustain the heal. Since you won´t have that much stamina with this (usually around 35-40k at maximum in WW-form) you need to heavy attack a lot.

2) Artheum Takeaway Broth: If you feel that you can sustain the WW-heal without any issues the Broth is slightly better than the Orsinium gold food in my opinion. It will give basically improve your stamina management. Preferable to use if you have someone in your group that can give you shards/orbs for sustain, or can act as a pocket heal (so you don´t have to use your WW-heal too often)

3) Tri-stat food: Only if you play in a bigger group where you don´t have to worry about your own sustain too much. Best way to push your max stats in my opinion.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 15, 2018 6:39AM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King and Prisoner's Rags for sure. I'm weighing my options on what third set to swap my Pelinals for. Leaning towards Ravager, Jailbreaker, or seventh legion. At least until I get the new WW dungeon set.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a weirdo - I do seventh legion/akaviri dragonguard/chudan (occasionally dabble in bloodspawn) on my tank Imperial wolf. Though with the changes to Hircine's bounty I'll have to see if its worth keeping dragonguard for the magicka boost.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about slimecraw, greenpact, and hundings. Or slimecraw, hundings, and something else that boosts stamina and damage. I cant decide on breton for the magicka recovery for the heal, or nord bc more health and stamina equals longer life and more damage. Im mostly doing solo with little to no grouping, so survivability+damage is what I'm going for.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Go Orc...Stamina, Heal, and Speed...

I haven’t figured out the optimal Magicka regen yet to maintain consistnat heals without sacrificing stamina regen or weapon damage.
    Feannag
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    My current PVP setup is Pirate Skeleton/Hulking Draugr/Grace of Gloom. It's super tanky in wolf form, if a little RNG dependent, and it should work even better once Wolfhunter drops because of the extra max health.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Hadn’t thought about Bahraha’s...have to dig that out from the old SAP Tank days and give that a try for PVE.

Bahraha's is great for PVE. Tons of extra healing without having to spam Hircine's, which means if melee mobs group up you get more heals, and bosses are a lot more manageable if you're solo or in a small group. You can afford to have a damage monster and another 5 piece set. To upkeep Hircine's Rage for the brutality buff (if you don't use weapon power + crit potions), I felt pretty good with about 12k max magicka and about 1k recovery just in case I missed a mechanic and needed a quick heal.

It would be even better with Kena instead of Kra'gh because I'm pretty sure spell damage would boost the magic damage of the set, therefore improving the healing.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Orc...Stamina, Heal, and Speed...

I haven’t figured out the optimal Magicka regen yet to maintain consistnat heals without sacrificing stamina regen or weapon damage.

From personal preference I recommend to have at least 1k magicka recovery to be able to sustain the heal (at 1,3-1,4k magicka recovery you don´t even have to look at your magicka bar ^^)

Options to improve magicka regen:
    1. Go with Ozorga´s Smoked Bear Haunch (Max HP, stamina recovery, magicka recovery and health recovery)
    2. Use dual-wield and us an absorb magicka enchant on your infused off-hand
    3. Add a magicka recovery glyph on one of your jewelleries
    4. Use the atronach mundus stone (I´ve used this from time to time and it works really good)

If you´ve to prioritise between weapon damage and stamina recovery, choose weapon damage. Stamina recovery can be solved by heavy attacking more. Also, you don´t need a crazy amount of weapon damage to cause damage as a werewolf. If you can come close to 4k that´s enough to kill anyone within reasonable time in PvP.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 16, 2018 5:56AM