The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Fireblade (destro/resto) - theorycrafting/request for assistance

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
In real life, I'm not a pyromaniac.

But in game, recently, I've been playing a Dunmer magblade and wanting put that Dunmenr passive (Destructive Ancestry) to use, as well as using up some old gear sets that were taking up space in the bank.

I like the idea of using as many burn-y sets as possible and combining them with the Dunmer passive and CP system to try and create something that really does melt stuff.

Is it possible?

Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaan + elf bane + fire destro and you'd be set to do your archetype imo.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf bane is your best bet, followed with skoria or zaan, ulti would be destro or shooting star and they’ll all utilize your passive
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Master Inferno infused with flame enchant
    Skoria
    Torugs
    Lich on back bar

you can just spam flame reach with medium attacks and potatoes just burn
    Edited by raistin87 on August 13, 2018 1:19PM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying to do the same too, at least theorycrafting. I like the melee „engage and burn everything down“ playstyle. I think a super nice combination is grothdarr elfbane and burning spell weave. Elfbane works on your destro ult and and grothdarr so the uptimes are really nice. BSW is IMO the strongest offensive Magicka set atm for Magicka nichtblade and the uptime will be really nice with so many flame damage sources.
    Edited by Jeezye on August 13, 2018 4:31PM
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Been trying to do the same too, at least theorycrafting. I like the melee „engage and burn everything down“ playstyle. I think a super nice combination is grothdarr elfbane and burning spell weave. Elfbane works on your destro ult and and grothdarr so the uptimes are really nice. BSW is IMO the strongest offensive Magicka set atm for Magicka nichtblade and the uptime will be really nice with so many flame damage sources.

But Magicka Nightblade doesn’t have fire abilities... Do they? :o
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

But Magicka Nightblade doesn’t have fire abilities... Do they? :o

Dunmer magblade wearing Elf Bane/BSW/etc/etc has lots of flame damage :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Bsw and elf bane are not that good. Julianos and other common sets are stronger. But if you want to rolepaly, sure.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good day fellow dunmer! Let me share some advice: Use infused flame damage glyphs... Slot flame reach... And use Zaan. Before you can say "fetcher" you just wrecked half your opponents with light attacks alone.

You don't need any other extra damage sets, use those slots wisely for defence and sustain. Your bow proc and harvest will take care of any other n'wah to survive.
    Edited by Vermintide on August 19, 2018 5:36PM