The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mana NB with dual weild

Adoar
Adoar
Soul Shriven
Why mana NB can't be with dual weild (only with damn staff, according to guides)
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    you can, not much point now that staves count as 2 items though
    eisley the worst
  • Adoar
    Adoar
    Soul Shriven
    erlewine wrote: »
    you can, not much point now that staves count as 2 items though

I know i can (i'm already playing mana NB with dual weapon), but everybody says that i need staff and nothing more. If i wanna use dual wield, i need a stamina NB. Well, i don't like stamina build.
    Edited by Adoar on August 12, 2018 8:52AM
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use dual wield if you like do wield. I love dual wield mag NB. When they continually nerfed DW for Mag I stopped playing my Magblade because I don’t like using a Staff on a Magblade. If you want to use dual wield go for it. But your sustain will be worse and the dps will be lower overall.
  • Adoar
    Adoar
    Soul Shriven
    Chibs wrote: »
    If you want to use dual wield go for it. But your sustain will be worse and the dps will be lower overall.

That's sad, i think. But why they nerfed DW?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've held onto MagDW from launch on my MagSorc, it used to be very popular. But they nerfed it directly and indirectly.

U19 was the final straw pretty much. As the 5:5:2 setup was the last thing it really had going for it. Now with staves making two slots, and increased damage from light attacks and enchants its a damage output Nerf to run it. Despite your spell damage being higher when you factor all elements in.

Aside for running two traits there's no real gain left. And its a travesty. We don't all want to run two wands. And ZOS have removes freedom by doing this. Yet seem to want to offer diversity for Sorcs to tank and NBs to heal etc etc but they strip weapon diversity.

It's something I've asked the class reps to bring up with ZOS @Tasear etc (sorry I can't remember all the other reps and ur my super helpful go to for sorc chat!!)

Id like DW damage to be buffed for us niche users. That's for stamina and magika. Or id like a 1H & rune skill line as was fabled lol. Hell I even thought the crown store fire / ice / frost gloves could be the answer so they match destro skills / passives but allow you not to hold two staffs. But sadly they were just cosmetic.

@ZOS_GinaBruno hear our plea!!! :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concern passed along
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea staves = two items slots.

And Destro staff passives

goodbye DW.

Used to DW as was easy to restore stam with a HA.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the following is from a PVP perspective.

TBH, all I really see here is DW magika users wanting similar damage to staff users without having to bother to Light attack weave. As it stands, without weaving DW offers similar or higher burst and sustained damage. It doesn’t fall significantly behind unless all your damage is of 1 type(ST or AoE) or you factor in light attack weaves.

I’m just not really sure what buff DW could get that would make it balanced. If you make DW the “burst weapon” by buffing it’s damage passives then some builds will start 1 banging people(you can already almost 100-0 people using these setups and increasing their burst will result in the outlier builds being too strong). The obvious choice is to slightly nerf Destro staff, but then we get into nerfing PVE for PVP.

Also, Stam DW should absolutely not be buffed
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 12, 2018 1:49PM
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Also, Stam DW should absolutely not be buffed

Could you imagine? Good lord....
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they could always just make light attacks with any weapon scale with the highest stat...

Who says I'm not using my magic abilities to increase the power of my sword swinging?
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they could always just make light attacks with any weapon scale with the highest stat...

Who says I'm not using my magic abilities to increase the power of my sword swinging?

Apparently ZOS does. While stamina can do magic like Vigor and Hurricane. :neutral:
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only solution is budding light and heavy attacks to be close to destro attacks for Magicka users. Tbh I think it would be amazing if all weapons light/heavy attacks scaled with max stats. Would love to run stam setups with staffs.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great points here actually. And with balance already on a knife edge my suggestions up there were already a bit keen.

Perhaps a solution purely cosmetic would be one step, as no real harm in that. But again I read about those crown gauntlets after a few beers and got my hope up lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the current 'Magicka=Staff Stamina=Weapons' is outdated and needs to be revamped. Why can't Magicka users have 'magicka' weapon morphs and Stamina users have more class skill morphs?? This would give players many many more options, which is what ZOS says they want. @Tasear
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think the current 'Magicka=Staff Stamina=Weapons' is outdated and needs to be revamped. Why can't Magicka users have 'magicka' weapon morphs and Stamina users have more class skill morphs?? This would give players many many more options, which is what ZOS says they want. @Tasear

Everyone loves more options, I don't know what will happen, but feedback is being passed along.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play how you want, just dont expect it to be Meta.

Magic will be stronger with a staff, and DW works better on stamina whether you want it to be that way or not. It doesnt mean you cant make a DW Mageblade function just fine.