Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Starter Clarification Ruthless Competition

FineFeathered
FineFeathered
✭✭✭
I started this quest using the item in the Crown store. My problem, and maybe it's just me being dense, but I was in summerset when I got it,
The quest starter says "Go to Outlaw's Refuge" But it doesn't say WHICH one. Because the quest is Shadowfen, I supposed that was the correct Outlaw's Refuge. I was wrong. Finally I went to the Auridon one, the starter area for Aldmeri Dominion. But the quest description just wasn't clear, and using the "add to my map" didn't show me which refuge, only a map of the inside of the refuge. If I had never been to it, I wouldn't have recognized which one they were showing on the map.

Please just clarify in the quest starter that you should go to your faction's Outlaw's Refuge. Thank you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one hold over from pre One Tamriel. You need to start your guilds and other quests in your Faction Zones. For example, you can only get certified for doing writs in your home faction city.

They should clarify this, but in the meantime, best results are to start in your factions starter city.

However, not everything is like this, so it gets confusing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FineFeathered
    FineFeathered
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and character creation locations keep moving. I've had to look at my char sheet a few times to remember which faction I was.

You can get certified for crafting in Summerset. All the trainers are there for it. I like that, but then it further removes you from your faction.

This is a PTS issue, because our char copy went away and we had to create new ones. So I haven't really done any main quest, and I am somewhat disconnected from the 'faction". I'm only doing the new stuff to test.

So this is more a feedback thing. My feedback ingame errored so I wrote it here.

Every time we add a new update, it seems like we get further distanced from our factions. You can do all of summerset and never do the main quest. It's kind of weird. But it works for testing.
  • FineFeathered
    FineFeathered
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, wait, Nestor... are you the Nestor in a guild of mine in the game? I think you are. Hello. I'm Tatica in game. I believe we are guildmates. BDA, BBC, Mercantile.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, in BDA

Can you get certified in Morrowind? I never tried.

And your right this whole Chapter thing has muddied the initial early stages of the game. I wish we could choose where to be dropped once we come out of the Wailing Prison. Perhaps a starter island that gives some experience in the game. Then there is a dock that takes you to a Chapter location or your Faction location. From there you could travel to othet faction starting zones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, you can get certified in Vivec City - did it on my warden I created when MW launched.