The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

There needs to be a serious change to the openworld meta.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about open world PvP especially solo PvP is trying to be a jack of all trades. If you build extremely tanky or stack everything into mobility your build will still be weak. You need a combination of both. It doesn't matter how mobile you are if one snipe puts you into execute range. And if you don't build any mobility you will eventually get zerged down. If you want to play open world you need to build for open world. There isn't really a open world meta because good open world builds have a balance of everything. You should not be able to stack everything into standing your ground and just holding block and be able to do well in solo PvP because you're build is too specialized.

And what does this even have to do with the fact that a build with 25k hp takes just 3-4 seconds to melt with a bleed build?

Yes, you shouldn't be able to just hold block and 1vX, but do you realize how weak and pathetic blocking is nowadays?

Blocking is in no way weak it's not the end all be all that it was 2 years ago but it's still good. You also should not melt to anything in 4 seconds if you build a proper 1vX build. Blocking is still very viable but you need additional defenses to stack with block. That's pretty much every class. My argument is the 1vX meta is a combination of stand your ground and mobility and not one or the other. People posting here seem to think mobility by itself will keep you alive when in reality you need to build to be able to stand your ground as well. Bless are strong against everything though

Blocking is weak. There, I said it. Its weak. literally unsustainable. I think your experience of block being strong comes from dueling or some *** like that.It does not function in open world. At least not for stamina.

Its not on mag either. On a low damaging build my block cost (couple sturdy, usual block passives, 15% into shadow ward) is around 450. A LA+attack charges 900/s per sec requiring equivalent of 1800 non stam recovery regen to sustain... Without any roll, breakfree or anything. Then 2 attackers (or bash weaving and a shade, or la weaving+2 pets, or jabs) takes that to 3600 equivalent recovery... Completely unsustainable and can't afford to lose damage to try and sustain it.

Any ground/sky AoEs, on target dot/burst abilities, unblockable CCs also ignore block. Meanwhile cloak is a comfy 4k~ for 2.9s of near everything suppression. Balanced game isn't it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.