The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magi Sorc - no pet - July 2018 PVE build advice

Ghostextechnica
Just returned to ESO - I last played just before the Morrowind chapter launched.

Keen to understand what's the latest PVE meta build advice for non-pet MagiSorc dps? Are we still doing okay at DPS?

Reading through a few threads it looks like there was some sort of nerf to sustain and buff to heavy attacks, and then maybe a nerf to heavy attacks?

I know there's always Alcast's Mystic Sorc guide, but I also found a Summerset build at Xynodegaming too which looks super fun but they are quite different. Keen to understand if both are still current today.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-build-pve/
https://www.xynodegaming.com/easy-mode-sorc

Thanks!

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are strong. Sustain can be a challenge though.

In regards to those builds they will both work fine. My food/mundus/CP etc are pretty similar tonalcast suggestions. Gear slightly different

Personally i prefer 5x aquity, 3x willpower, 2x illambris/valkyn and asylum/vma staves.

Also 5x aquity (fb with staff) 5x siroria and 2x monster (valkyn or illambris) for more static fights.

There are lots of good combinations of magicka gear now that are very close to each other in terms of damage output and are relatively easy to aquire which is nice for diversity.

Get into it and enjoy!
  • FearAndPatching
    FearAndPatching
    ✭✭✭
    43.5k self buffed on non pet sorc using 5 Burning Spellweave, 5 Siroria’s, 1 VMA Inferno, 2 Zaans (run Illambris instead for fights you can’t stack on boss)

Sustain is incredibly bad, make sure your hitting every light attack and synergizing all the orbs you can in trials.

Love Alcast but would not recommend his magsorc build if your trying to fully min/max. The builds CP allocations don’t hit jump points when I tested it and dropping monster set decreases damage by a good bit. Q

Xbox NA Aldmeri Dominion 1,000 CP+

High Elf, MagSorc, Flawless Conquerer, Master Crafter 9 Trait Everything
    Khajiit, Stamblade, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Elf, MagDK, Flawless Conquerer
    Imperial StamWard, Flawless Conquerer
    Breton, MagPlar, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Eld, MagBlade, Flawless Conquerer

Inspirational quote to live by

“Feed a man a fish he’ll eat for a day, turn a man into a fish he’s a fish for life”
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 Mechanical Acuity and 5 Siroria's OR 5 Siroria's, 2 Ilambris, and 3 Willpower with an AS fire asylum staff (perfected or normal) with a vMA lightning staff is what I use. I've been sticking to a lightning back bar as I run with a lot of magblades and people who use fire staff backbars. That, and Thunderous Rage is too effin good.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR