The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can't get high dps

Hotel6
Hotel6
✭✭✭
Hello everyone :> I came here to ask for help and tips because no matter what i do i can't get pass 20k dps (and that's on dummy) On a real boss which moves alot it's lower...
I basically try to get bis gear but when u don't own chapters/certian dlc u need to get something else.
Details :
*StamDk-Redguard (48x cp)
* Monster set - selene
* Hunding Rage + Leviathan
* Weapon power potion + food
I pretty much follow alcast guide and use his skill + rotation. i can't say my rotation is perfect but i'm pretty sure it's steady enough to pull some nice dps.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low CP, lack of practice.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Low CP, lack of practice.

Since when 488 cp is low? :O
    What do u mean by lack of practice? i'm not a new player and i've done alot of dungeon/trails etc...
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as people hate fo admit it, cp matters a lot. You probably are pulling about as much dps as you can. I notice my dps goes up a good amount every 100 cp or so. 48 cp is nothing. Just play the game and your dps will increase.

Edited by Chibs on July 29, 2018 6:19PM
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »
    As much as people hate fo admit it, cp matters a lot. You probably are pulling about as much dps as you can. I notice my dps goes up a good amount every 100 cp or so. 48 cp is nothing. Just play the game and your dps will increase.

the x stands for a random number... it's 488...
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotel6 wrote: »

oh 480 cp I didn’t see that I’m sorry. Okay if you can’t hit 20k at 480 then I’m sure there’s a good amount that of things that could be wrong. Could be wrong cp allocation/bad gear/bad rotation. Leviathan isn’t really that good. I’d replace Leviathan with a trial set like Two Fanged Snake. I’ve seen people under 750 cp pull 40k running Two Fanged and Briarheart. Briarheart is a dlc set yes but you can get it from guild traders. It just comes down to perfecting your rotation and having an appropriate gear setup.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭

oh 480 cp I didn’t see that I’m sorry. Okay if you can’t hit 20k at 480 then I’m sure there’s a good amount that of things that could be wrong. Could be wrong cp allocation/bad gear/bad rotation. Leviathan isn’t really that good. I’d replace Leviathan with a trial set like Two Fanged Snake. I’ve seen people under 750 cp pull 40k running Two Fanged and Briarheart. Briarheart is a dlc set yes but you can get it from guild traders. It just comes down to perfecting your rotation and having an appropriate gear setup.

Ty for the advice. i'll look into these 2 sets. Two fanged is mostly dropped in VO right ? or AA ?
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭

Ty for the advice. i'll look into these 2 sets. Two fanged is mostly dropped in VO right ? or AA ?

Two Fanged drops in vSO and nSO. I don’t believe it drops in the other Craglorn trials though I might be wrong.

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think TFS is required to break 20k barrier, and CP distribution shouldn't be an issue (since topic starter is following Alcast's build, it shouldn't be awfully off the mark). First and foremost, I'd look at rotation and weaving, it was the biggest jump of damage for me. Set combination of Hunding's + Spriggan's + Velidreth is enough to get 30k and more.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think TFS is required to break 20k barrier, and CP distribution shouldn't be an issue (since topic starter is following Alcast's build, it shouldn't be awfully off the mark). First and foremost, I'd look at rotation and weaving, it was the biggest jump of damage for me. Set combination of Hunding's + Spriggan's + Velidreth is enough to get 30k and more.

I dont have shadow of the hist for velidreth :>
    Edited by Hotel6 on July 29, 2018 6:40PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was just an example. ^^ Monster helm doesn't contribute decisive amount of damage. I can't recall which is set from DLC, but take a look at Stormfist, Selene or Kra'gh (it's a bit more damage than Velidreth, but mostly on short range and single target).
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭

I wasn’t saying required, just stating it helps and was giving him a better setup than the one he was using (:
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Chibs - oh, TFS is definitely a great set. :) And it's definitely worth farming at some point. Just trying to give some idea of what can be done with less investment, using crafted and overland sets for good result.

20K DPS is quite doable with Leviathan, too (by the way, which mundus is in use? I also assume DW + Bow with weapon damage off-hand glyph). So I surmise it's most likely how rotation is executed.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    @Chibs - oh, TFS is definitely a great set. :) And it's definitely worth farming at some point. Just trying to give some idea of what can be done with less investment, using crafted and overland sets for good result.

20K DPS is quite doable with Leviathan, too (by the way, which mundus is in use? I also assume DW + Bow with weapon damage off-hand glyph). So I surmise it's most likely how rotation is executed.

Forgot to mention that actually. 2H :P and i use the lover? or which ever one gives penetration bonus. btw i dont want to use dual wield i've got a stamblade for that.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You may wanna say you have 488 cp instead of 48, my friend. To be honest, practicing your rotation is really key. Just keep practicing. Also, you running the poisons on your bow bar? Are your weapons golded out? The golded out part is the main thing. Having gold weapons gives you more damage than purple ones.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, so two-handed; and yes, Lover is the one for penetration (it's optimal choice, too - just, if you're doing trials where targets are well and truly debuffed, peek at combat metrics report after boss fights from time to time, see that you won't edge past 18k penetration). I can't offer first-hand advice, I dual-wield, but invite others who may have experience to share advice on two-handed damage. (And by the way, care to give the link to Alcast's guide you're following? I can't recall anything with two-handed on his site.)
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    You may wanna say you have 488 cp instead of 48, my friend. To be honest, practicing your rotation is really key. Just keep practicing. Also, you running the poisons on your bow bar? Are your weapons golded out? The golded out part is the main thing. Having gold weapons gives you more damage than purple ones.

While yes i did . people should know that x is a changing number. i wrote down 48x not 48.
    what poison should i run on my bow?
    Ah, so two-handed; and yes, Lover is the one for penetration (it's optimal choice, too - just, if you're doing trials where targets are well and truly debuffed, peek at combat metrics report after boss fights from time to time, see that you won't edge past 18k penetration). I can't offer first-hand advice, I dual-wield, but invite others who may have experience to share advice on two-handed damage. (And by the way, care to give the link to Alcast's guide you're following? I can't recall anything with two-handed on his site.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOu4Bc4o4xs&list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjV0XKkZ-2XXj1IRBLsWnL9&index=2