The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thieves Guild Quest: Forever Hold Your Peace - Kitchen door unusable

cynelswithb14_ESO
cynelswithb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have gone through all the steps in this quest numerous times trying different options each time. Every time I get to the part to use the kitchen key I pickpocketed from a waiter on the door, the door's "Open" option is still greyed out, the compass shows a doorway "below" which is not even on this map. The Quest map shows a marker for if I was already in the door. Tonight, I even found a different waiter carrying a tray in his hand and not on his head and pickpocketed them.. still same results. The quest does not progress correctly. Screenshots
1st Image: Open option still greyed out
bdlrahys8bw1.png
2nd Image: Kitchen Key in my inventory
v6xdznd7qnm8.png
3rd Image: Area map with me standing where the kitchen door is and the quest is not even listed in this area
8vs0zer33b7k.png
4th Image: My quest log telling me to go through the Palace kitchens
wsbgxnokzzqf.png
5th Image: Quest Map from clicking "Shown On Map" from the quest log. No clue where this is, but looks like maybe inside the Palace?
ahnadurqplxl.png

I tried all of Customer Supports suggestions when I filed Quest Assistance report and I never heard anything from the Feedback report I filed.
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated because as it is I can not progress in order to finish the Thieves Guild story line.

Thank You
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI for people that have this problem, you cannot get into the kitchen UNTIL you talk to a few of the people at the ceremony to discover WHERE Magnifica is in the palace. Once you find out where she's located, the door becomes accessible.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • cynelswithb14_ESO
    cynelswithb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No, I did everything leading up to using the door.
    I tried many times the different ways of getting the information of where she was.
    I tried numerous different combinations of the different options involved with leading up to getting in the door. From the different ways of getting the other woman into the party, different ways of finding out where she is and even the two different style waiters for the key. ( some have trays on their heads and one carries the tray in his hand)
    Also, you can see in Screenshot #1 I finished that part of finding out where she is because it is no longer part of the quest.

I've seen Threads regarding this bug dating back 2 years...
    We've had 2 maintenance since I first posted this (one even today) and not one mention of fixing the Thieves Guild main story line. Wolfhunter maintenance made tweaks to every DLC but this one....