The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Wants a Bard?!

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Who wants a bard to sing and play music in their homes?
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Who Wants a Bard?! 50 votes

I do!
86% 43 votes
Nope!
14% 7 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    + fluffy khajiit dancers ;)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    + fluffy khajiit dancers ;)

May you walk on warm sands walker!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they never sing "Red Diamond," sure.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm hopeful I can get a bard to constantly sing Red Diamond. In fact, I'd like to fill a house with a choir of bards singing red diamond.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hopeful I can get a bard to constantly sing Red Diamond. In fact, I'd like to fill a house with a choir of bards singing red diamond.

That would be a masterful thing to troll a guild hall with, that's for sure.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course!

Here's my take on the subject, and there are countless others that have written about this. So let's hope they implement something like this soon!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412732/npcs-and-other-environmental-characters-for-your-home
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Of course!

Here's my take on the subject, and there are countless others that have written about this. So let's hope they implement something like this soon!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412732/npcs-and-other-environmental-characters-for-your-home

@ZOS_RichLambert :wink:

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of requests and desire for this and I agree with them.

Would be great to have some NPC's which play the songs from around Tamriel.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

A Vvardenfell Bard
    A Tamriel Bard
    A Summerset Bard

There's three types I can think of!

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Bard pls .
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Bards are always a welcome site, especially in end game pve. I would suggest , bard healers and bard dps; obviously Lots of buffs for the whole group.

I see bards suggested often as well as Necromancers
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Bard NPCs would definitely add some life to our painstakingly decorated homes!

Here are some other interesting ideas of NPCs to add:

• Cook - Mimics recipes you've learned. Makes it for guests if given the ingredients to make it. Bind on pickup food.
    • Groundskeeper - Stores furniture.
    • Guest - Can be set like furniture. Allow multiple. Assigned personalities (i.e Happy, Sleepy, etc). Custom Names.
    • Smith/Crafter - Animated to perform their respective craft where set in home.
    • Housekeepers - Perform cleaning animations where set in home.
    Homes need more animation/interaction in general. Decorating is lots of fun, but the homes are still missing that drop of "Life" everyday chores and comforts provide to a dwelling. Some sort of system that draws people to homes (whether theirs or others) needs to be implemented.

I love that we can purchase and decorate beautiful homes with all sorts of awesome stuff, but what good is it to put so much time, effort and money into it if doesn't draw players to stick around in them?
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just prior to the release of Summerset, I was wandering around the balcony of the Alinor Townhouse, when I heard a bard singing below, as though the song was travelling from the town below. I was delighted!

To my disappointment, it was a Bug, and one that has since been fixed.

Anyways, yes to Bards, please.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

A Vvardenfell Bard
    A Tamriel Bard
    A Summerset Bard

There's three types I can think of!

"Starry Eyed Bride of Alinor" is actually pretty good.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. I want a bardess. Bards don't seem to know when they are bad.

Edit: in any case, the term for what you see in ESO is more properly troubadour or minstrel. They all seem to be migrant and exclusive to taverns. Seriously, while bards do sometime sing, it's still the telling of some epic and not song in the sense we mean today.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on July 26, 2018 5:55AM