The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ebonheart chateau - creative furnishing ideas?

BansheeVT
BansheeVT
✭✭✭
Hi all, I bought the ebonheart chateau a few months ago. I really like it and transformed it to our guild hall but especially inside the house it is still pretty empty and dark.
Do you have any creative furnishing ideas? I would really appreciate a few ideas or screenshots of your big houses :smile:
@BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our guild hall used planks and wall type things to section off rooms. Really changed the layout.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your idea, will try that out :smiley:

Valinor Trading Union:
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Culanda Stones and Varla Stones are great for lighting big spaces without taking up tons of house furnishing slots with lighting. What it took me over 150 candles to do, I was able to do with just 8 Varla Stones (in Princely Dawnlight Palace). They're not super cheap, at around 10K each on guild traders (they were luxury vendor items), but they're worth the price, to save on the furnishing slots. Varla Stone is a cool blue light, and a bit brighter. Culanda is a golden light. Combining them gives a good approximation of the game's "daylight" lighting.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Culanda Stones and Varla Stones are great for lighting big spaces without taking up tons of house furnishing slots with lighting. What it took me over 150 candles to do, I was able to do with just 8 Varla Stones (in Princely Dawnlight Palace). They're not super cheap, at around 10K each on guild traders (they were luxury vendor items), but they're worth the price, to save on the furnishing slots. Varla Stone is a cool blue light, and a bit brighter. Culanda is a golden light. Combining them gives a good approximation of the game's "daylight" lighting.

This! also I usually put a brazier inside every fireplace. Riekling and daedric braziers are very bright.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

Well, if you like your house looking as an indoor discoteque with neon lights. I find the Culandas and Varlas way too bright, they flood the entire room in neon blue and orange.

I find that the living fire of braziers, candles and candelabras do the trick just fine. Also, naked fire looks a lot more atmospheric and homely than some artificial bright light.

I do suspect that some of the people who complain about overly dark homes need to turn up their lighting setting a bit. I've seen quite a few game screenshots here on the forums where all you could see was basically a pitch black screen. Turning up the light setting helps making the homes look less gloomy and bleak.

I have a showcase of my Ebonheart Castle in the signature, feel free to take a look, though I mostly did the tower and the basement, the other indoor floors are a bit generic due to furniture item limit.
    Edited by Carbonised on July 25, 2018 12:30PM
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot!
    Will definitely try out your idea with culanda and varla stones and already got inspirated by your house Carbonised

Valinor Trading Union: