Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Outfits][Poll] Hide armor slots * Make more outfit combinations possible

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hide more armor slots.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    and remove all underwear.

Imagine peoples kids playing on the living room widescreen, zooming in on their characters genitalia as mom and dad walk in. Bonus points if theyre Khajiit or Argonian ***.

Right because slow motion repeated stabbing while choking gurgling sounds and blood spraying is better.

I’m not a fan of the no underwear request but “think of the kids” isn’t very strong lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_pmn2rlODNf1r5zp8to1_1280.png

With minimal stat loss by not equipping a chest and shoulders we can get the same look i assume the majority of us here want if we could hide all slots. The Mazzatun gloves are really good due to being minimalist and plain. And i mean, dem stripes am i right?

Honestly just to maintain the look and make the game a bit harder for me im just gonna keep these slots empty...for awhile anyway.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    mew.jpg

I think that with Khajiits and Argonians hiding their pants wouldn't be an issue. (Not shown in the picture.) Also Khajiits have long non-revealing shorts instead of briefs like the other races anyways. (why ZOS?)

Hiding your pants on some races could also actually look good in certain scenarios. I'd like to see them release hide all armor slots, then let the players decide. I think very few will actually try hiding all armor, since it would look silly and not been taken seriously. More customization possibilities is where it's at!
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like all the examples and pics people have posted, keep them coming! :smiley:
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
    Subscriber since the beta.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me be naked!! c'mon zoss...
    angry-face-mad-pouting-rage-red-emoji-37653.png
    Edited by DarkPicture on February 10, 2019 3:04PM
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please add a comment)
    I agree for shoulders or belt for example, but not for chest and legs.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can see my beautiful redgaurd's features ^_^
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on February 10, 2019 5:51PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the 'hide as much as you want to hide' camp. Every option that allows for more customization is fine with me.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always in favor of looser restrictions on style and appearances. Considering how there are definitely a lot of interesting styles and appearances displayed by others on this thread, it would benefit to be able to hide more pieces of armor ratger than just a helmet.

And as mentioned, the "Muh naked people" excuse is a really poor one, considering bathing towels exist, which practically make you naked already, and I very rarely see people wearing it all the time. Also I saw someone say spmething about "Muh imyershin", and to that I say: There are mobs who survive beatings while wearing only pants, delivered by yahoos that wear things ranging from appropriate battle attire, to wedding dresses. And you wanna talk about imyershin? Get outta here!
    max_only wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    and remove all underwear.

Imagine peoples kids playing on the living room widescreen, zooming in on their characters genitalia as mom and dad walk in. Bonus points if theyre Khajiit or Argonian ***.

Right because slow motion repeated stabbing while choking gurgling sounds and blood spraying is better.

I’m not a fan of the no underwear request but “think of the kids” isn’t very strong lol

Did you not know that seeing a naked digital body is more sinful than taking the life of a digital person in a gruesome manner? Moral outcriers really are just cherrypicking what is wrong and what isn't.
    Ashfen wrote: »

Okay. Why?
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭

Kalgert wrote: »

Okay. Why?

Because I don't need to see half of the female characters naked when i play ?

It would be useful for shoulders since it's sometimes difficult to find ones that fit well (when you wear mage robes, you don't really need enormous shoulder pads for example) and it would resolve all the "floating shoulders" problems.

But hide chests and legs ? If you want to show your tatoos, there are already chests that show them.

And yeah, it break my immersion to see tons of naked female characters around. It's a TES game, not a Korean MMO.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiding tabards so only guild name shows I want more though
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS started the Vvardenfell prequel with this guy, and a dozens of npc's are shirtless in the game already.

20170509133610-1.jpg

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craziux wrote: »
    ZOS started the Vvardenfell prequel with this guy, and a dozens of npc's are shirtless in the game already.
    20170509133610-1.jpg

Not even that, but remember back when player's characters would lose all clothing on half their body, even the underwear would bug out and you'd see your character's featureless breasts or crotch in the log in screen? I'm sure those pics still exist somewhere.

Edit: Ah here we go.
    naked_nord.jpg
    Edited by ArchMikem on February 12, 2019 2:39AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God that’s terrifying
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    20180720212052-1.jpg

Skins would show off so much better if you could hide these outfit slots, and you could make your outfit look the way you want it to be, not always look like a fully armored tank when you are not.

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, don't mean to double post, but Kurnamu-do is impatient:

20190212223338-1.jpg

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, don't mean to double post, but Kurnamu-do is impatient:

20190212223338-1.jpg

That's just one of very many npc's not needing to wear a full set of armour, makes the world more diverse and immersive :D
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my chars to be able to run around with bare feet. Without actually having the remove their boots.
    EU / NA / PC
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yeah, this needs to be added asap
    at a place nobody knows
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    20180720202613-1.jpg

I think we could see some great looking outfits with this!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before any further changes devs must lower the price of slots for good and/or make slots account wide.

Also, characters in OP examples are ugly. Such attires nor eye pleasing, nor making any sense. I'm not trying to offence someone, it's just my opinion. While it seems alright to admire such flashiness, it also should be alright to express opposite opinion as well, right? So, ugly. Period.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS make this happen!!! Just please!

An outfit system should have this option of course.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ZOS add this pls!

I mean we could make a restriction, at least three armor slots filled, pants mandatory, but it would be awesome :smile:

Vardariit wants it too :smiley:
    hWzPjPk.jpg
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    As I said in the other thread, ZOS already has this feature in their internal build (you can see it on the ESO Live when they were showing off the outfit system). They just need to enable it for the rest of us.

Why they haven't, I have no idea. I'd pay for the feature.

Performance?

I voted "No" purely in response to the question as to whether I would like it, and it's something I simply have no interest in. That doesn't mean I'm against it for those who do want it - provided it doesn't impact adversely on either performance or other more important development work.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    20180720173309-1.jpg

Male Khajiit cannot wear underwear, (It looks like shorts, except for when using skimpy outfits.) so it would look alright without pants. This looks different on females and other races of course.

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    20180720173309-1.jpg

Male Khajiit cannot wear underwear, (It looks like shorts, except for when using skimpy outfits.) so it would look alright without pants. This looks different on females and other races of course.

That's a nice example of an outfit looking good while still hiding a bunch of slots~
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    20180720173309-1.jpg

That's a nice example of an outfit looking good while still hiding a bunch of slots~

Thank you, and agreed ^^

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Motif: The Emperor's New Armor"

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

Okay. Why?

Because I don't need to see half of the female characters naked when i play ?

So you must be pretty annoyed by the various desert pirate/dancer costumes, the Argonian halter & skirt costume, the Fang Lair motif, the upcoming Sai Sahan style, etc...
    And yeah, it break my immersion to see tons of naked female characters around. It's a TES game, not a Korean MMO.

Aaaand you must have also been annoyed at the Forsworn armor in Skyrim.

(Meanwhile, my two thoughts on that quote: 1. I refuse to believe that a world with thousands of years of history & dozens/hundred of cultures, didn't have any with "revealing" clothing & armor; 2. in an MMO with chat windows full of trash, idiots with silly names jumping & emoting all over the screen in front of you, flaming mounts, players clipping through each other as they move, etc, etc, etc.... that you have any kind of "immersion". Especially not the kind that's so fragile it's damaged by how someone chooses to dress.)

---

Personally, I'd like the option to turn off shoulders and gloves. They're the parts that most often get in the way of a 'look' I'm going for. I doubt I'd turn off the Chest, just because the default bra isn't terribly stylish or interesting.