The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Binding's

Swifigames
Swifigames
✭✭✭
I created an Epic Sload's Inferno staff last night pre 1.37 patch, I wasn't able to finish what I was doing with the piece and it's set before the maintenance, so I had not equipped the item yet and was waiting for tonight to get the jewelry pieces I needed to go with the staff's I was able to create. After the update I started my game just like any other time, I entered into the game, got my jewelry crafted that I was unable to get to from maintenance. Once my set was complete I started equipping my staff's and enchanting my jewelry. And this is when I noticed the issue.

When I equipped my Sload's Lightning staff (epic), the bind on equip indicator popped up like it does, and I equipped it, I then moved to my back bar and proceeded to equip the Sload's Inferno staff (epic), the indicator popped up just like it does and I equipped the staff. However, even after equipping the Sload's Inferno staff and receiving the 'bind on equip' indicator, the staff is still listed as 'bind on equip'. So my next choice was to unequip the staff and see what happened. Nothing changed except the staff was now unequipped, the item was still listed as 'bind on equip'.
I went and created two new staff's because I messed up the two original's anyways. The second lighting staff also became bound after equipping as did the original. The second Inferno staff did not bind again after equipping. I have not tried to replicate the bug on frost staff's.
I'm not sure if this is for just Inferno Sload's or Inferno in general. I now have two Sload's Inferno's I created, equipped and unequipped that won't bind. I removed the Inferno staff again and equipped again. This appears to stay unbound indefinitely even after multiple equips and removal's although the initial warning that the item will become bind on equip only shows up the first time you go to equip the staff.
"We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
--
Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I forgot to mention: This was on PS4/NA

Enchanting the Inferno staff had no change of effect, trait also appears not to have any effect. This happened with an Infused Sload's Inferno & Nirnhoned Sload's Inferno.
    --
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe only a display issue.. try selling it via a guild trader or try adding it as a mail attachement.
    If that's possible then yeah, you have a still unbound staff..
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support will do nothing for you.... unfortunately.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's just a visual bug. Here I was thinking of being helpful and nope...just a rambling "I didn't try everything" Scroller :/
    --
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swifigames wrote: »
    Yes, it's just a visual bug. Here I was thinking of being helpful and nope...just a rambling "I didn't try everything" Scroller :/
    Hey.. it's still a bug after all and it should be fixed!

Did you submit a bug report?
    on console
    on pc or mac
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest making your case to support first. They might do a quick follow up that they cannot do anything for xyz. For that reply and explain again, that they misunderstood.

I am assuming they can tell if it was actually equipped and the moment it was equipped.

If nothing is resolved then come back to this thread.