The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Animation bug with Light Weaves using a bow

T3hasiangod
T3hasiangod
✭✭✭✭✭
Video of the bug in question: https://youtu.be/jKzbgzclvUk

Basically, if you don't light weave on your bow, animations play normally. If you do light weave on your bow, then your animations are severely delayed, resulting in an overall DPS loss due to the slowdown. This wasn't happening in 4.1.0. This doesn't seem to affect any other weapon tree, and I've seen it happen on sorc and nightblade so far.
PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm it happens on Warden and DK too.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue. It appears the light weave animation is entirely missing at times. Also Snipe displays no casting animation whatsoever you just suddenly see the snipe shoot off out of nowhere.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on July 18, 2018 11:58PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tested on my magblade during the last maintenance and it happened with an inferno staff weave too. It wasn't consistent but every 6m parse I did I ran into some sort of trouble.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening with D/W weaving with my stamblade. I keeping getting caught in delayed animations
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens with my Magblade weaving Inferno Staff with Swallow Soul. The first time I attempt it in any combat what I'm seeing is that the game queues the actions so that both animations play out in full. Happens with light weave or with heavy. There appears to be a much longer gap between the two attacks landing than I'm used to on live. After that first time it's a bit inconsistent, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

PC EU
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm the issue; have seen it in stamblade and stamsorc tests on the current PTS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to console performance, this has been going on for months for us.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Can confirm the issue; have seen it in stamblade and stamsorc tests on the current PTS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm experiencing it as well on both bow and dw. I push the buttons in an order I know works, but it's pretty different than what's on the screen. Usually the attacks count but sometimes it's like I didn't push the button at all.
    Edited by Colecovision on July 20, 2018 7:37PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    That happens on Live with me too, especially with Snipe. I can only see it going off due to a cast-bar addon.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will pass along this issue.
  • Clefor
    Clefor
    ✭✭
    Can confirm the issue, happen here too.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue still exists as of today's PTS patch 4.1.2.

I wouldn't say it makes testing impossible, but it's certainly a PITA.

I can't believe anyone from ZOS actually entered combat using a bow on 4.1.1 or 4.1.2, the bug is impossible to miss.

@Tasear FYI.

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , hate to pester people with @ tags but there will be an absolute meltdown if this makes it to live.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    The issue still exists as of today's PTS patch 4.1.2.

I wouldn't say it makes testing impossible, but it's certainly a PITA.

I can't believe anyone from ZOS actually entered combat using a bow on 4.1.1 or 4.1.2, the bug is impossible to miss.

@Tasear FYI.

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , hate to pester people with @ tags but there will be an absolute meltdown if this makes it to live.

I have passed issue along so others can be aware. Feel free to tag me for other bugs.
    Edited by Tasear on July 23, 2018 10:11PM