Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I experienced a bug

sisu
sisu
Soul Shriven
I've raised a ticket (180718-001414) and haven't received a response.
I'd appreciate if you'd have a look at this asap.

Thanks in advance!

SisU

Tags
@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

If we want to get a response on raised tickets / bug reports what's the best way to get attention? Which ZOS member should be tagged in such cases.

Would appreciate a response.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, ZOS does not respond to BUG reports, and there will be no response. The bug report is tossed onto the pile with the other bug reports and will be dealt with as the development team decides. (Don't worry, it will not be lonely :smile: ) There will be no response, other than what might appear in the patch notes. This is the way of the world.

Tagging Gina for this is generally a wasted effort. She is busy enough that she rarely does this. There are some other forum mods and admins that will peek into the CS ticket system to see what is going on. They might even respond, but probably not for a bug report. They seem to respond more to account problems raised here.

What was the nature of the bug. Are we talking "Pacrooti is slurring his words again" or are we talking "I found an exploit where I can beat VMA using the broom and bucket while watching Netflix and playing soccer with my friends"?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, ZOS does not respond to BUG reports, and there will be no response. The bug report is tossed onto the pile with the other bug reports and will be dealt with as the development team decides. (Don't worry, it will not be lonely :smile: ) There will be no response, other than what might appear in the patch notes. This is the way of the world.

Tagging Gina for this is generally a wasted effort. She is busy enough that she rarely does this. There are some other forum mods and admins that will peek into the CS ticket system to see what is going on. They might even respond, but probably not for a bug report. They seem to respond more to account problems raised here.

What was the nature of the bug. Are we talking "Pacrooti is slurring his words again" or are we talking "I found an exploit where I can beat VMA using the broom and bucket while watching Netflix and playing soccer with my friends"?

What is error 326 and why does it happen?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a response, using the Ask For Help option in game will generate an email to you. I would reply to the email with more details and usually get a decent response.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus

If we want to get a response on raised tickets / bug reports what's the best way to get attention? Which ZOS member should be tagged in such cases.

Would appreciate a response.
    @The_Protagonist generally you won't get a reply to a bug report because ZOS (and most games companies) won't reply to bug reports. A bug report is just the way of sending them the information to log something and address it. In my 15 years of MMO gaming I've rarely known companies acknowledge reports unless they're asking for more information on how to reproduce it.

If you find a bug the best thing you can do is.
    1. Report the bug in game with the tools provided, listing as much information as you can and any reproduction steps you know.
    2. Create a forums thread in the bug reports section.
    Both of the above are monitored by the teams that actually log the bugs, ZOS has spoken in the past about how they have documents with all listed bugs which those teams add to.
    ZOS has also mentioned that the more reports they get on a bug the more notice it will get (clearly it's then effecting more players), this shouldn't be taken as reason to spam useless reports but that reporting the bugs you find in the correct way will add weight to them being addressed. It's also possible that your insight might have the information they're missing on a bug which they've not been able to replicate internally.

If it's an exploit or something which heavily impacts the game and you feel is vital to be seen (and there are no threads about it) then sending a PM to the community team so they can pass it on.
    Community team is ZOS_GinaBruno, ZOS_JessicaFolsom, ZOS_KaiSchober (German), ZOS_Holden, ZOS_Chris and ZOS_Edward.
    Note that these are not the people who will fix the issue and may not be able to give you any information on it, but they can forward it to the correct teams.

If you do PM them something vital and want to make sure they get the message you can also PM a community ambassador and ask them to notify whichever staff member to check their inbox for it.
    Remember that ZOS staff (especially Jess and Gina) get crazy amounts of notifications and PM's daily so it might take time for them to get back to you.

ZOS also doesn't discuss much about issues. The times I've spoken with them via PM about an exploit the most information I got back was that it had been noted and that there was a fix in a future patch.

If the ticket you want to talk about is an issue you're asking support for and you wish for it to be looked at directly by ZOS the you can post the ticket numbers in the support section relevant to your platform with some information and someone should look at it.

Lastly I would also say (and it's sad that I have to) that how you speak with staff and support at ZOS will have a big effect on if they're going to engage you. They won't avoid doing their jobs but if you're passive aggressive, sarcastic, rude or threatening then it's very unlikely staff will waste time giving you replies outside the requirements of their job.
    Everyone working for the company from customer support to developers and management are human beings the same as you. Yes we sometimes disagree with them and yes we can be damn annoyed over issues but that's no reason to treat another human like garbage.

In all my tickets (support) with ZOS I've only ever gotten the cold shoulder once and that's because I was being obnoxious on purpose. Every time I've acted polite and friendly they've worked with me to solve my issues.

That's probably longer and more rambly than you wanted and doesn't give you any sure answers but that's my thoughts.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • sisu
    sisu
    Soul Shriven
    It's sorted, thanks.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the detailed info @Turelus