The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 19 - New Pirate Hat Criticism

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Silver-Dawn-Medium-Helmet-Male-Front.jpg
Silver-Dawn-Medium-Helmet-Female-Right.jpg
Can we please have the Helmet come in two variants? it is the best pirate hat ive seen but the wolf tail and choker ruins it completely. I want to look like a pirate zos! Please make the motif variant come without the tail and without the choker around the neck and add a tailed variant to the battlegrounds.
97dlctkx242s.png
Give us a variant that comes without the parts I marked in red
Its part of the new motif set https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/savage-werewolf/
Edited by Aliyavana on July 22, 2018 3:05AM
  • TIMBR0SLICE
    TIMBR0SLICE
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with the other hat enthusiasts in this thread. We need more pirate like hats. Like this for example ( imagine it's on a khajiit though.) My guild "Pirates of the Catibbean" Do not want another tail/ collar on. Please look into this post haste Zos, Thanks in advance oa69ldjpe7ki.jpg

-RegAAARRds
    Edited by TIMBR0SLICE on July 17, 2018 11:35PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ffs. That's because it isn't intended to be a pirate hat! The style is "Silver Dawn", not "Swashbuckler" or some sh**.
    I like pirates too, but y'all are ***.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the tail, but the choker part ruins it for me.
    Playing since beta...
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hat looks terrible. Beyond ugly.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    And then a big gust of wind comes along and your hat tries to fly away but strangles you instead....... >.>
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because it's not a pirate hat, as others have already said.

It's a part of a werewolf hunter faction motif. If you want a pirate hat, you should probably advocate for a buccaneer motif or something of the sort, instead of trying to make an already existing motif suit your needs better.

Even without the fur and strap it still doesn't remotely look like a tricorne hat to me

Tricorne_inventory_icon.png
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The neckpiece is just dumb. It's a lazy artist's cover-up of the neck seam.
    They must have had an intern/newbie do this and not an experienced 3d graphics modeler. Copy and paste would have made this better to start from even.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want a Hollywood/Disney hat in a Tamriel based game?

Some pirates wore tricornes or bicornes because they served in the navy. Also these hats were quite popular in the 18th-19th century, and their design varied A LOT. So you can consider that a "pirate" hat if you want. But that design with skull and bones is mostly a recent invention, as most of the costumes we see in movies, very inaccurate from a history or practical point of view.

To be honest, I don't want to see cartoonish pirates in ESO. I am fine with Maomer or other lore friendly pirates.

This headgear is quite nice and cleverly designed to be worn by a member of a werewolf hunters guild. A tricorne styled hat which has wolf throphy is quite convincing.

To those saying this hat is ugly, don't wear/use it. Try designing something yourself first, post it here, and see how hard it is to make something that will please everyone.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide helm is such a gift. No boat on my head