Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds broken, constantly stuck on "Waiting for players" intermission lobby

Darkmage1337
Darkmage1337
✭✭✭✭✭
My past 2 battleground matches have not started and have not gotten through the intermission lobby. Back-to-back BG matches are constantly getting stuck at "Waiting for players" even though my team has 4/4 players. The only way to reconcile this is to leave the match and take the 20-minute Deserter Penalty. I did this once after "Waiting for players" for 15 minutes or so, after all my teammates left the intermission lobby one by one because they got tired of waiting for the match to start, and they were then replace by new people, one by one, who also go stuck into the match bug where the battleground match does not start and does not add new players to the 3rd team (orange team) that would only ever have 1-2 players, wheres the other 2 teams (green and purple) would always have 3-4 players, cycled in and out.

So, I finally left the match and afk'd while waiting for the 20-minute Deserter Penalty, only to re-queue and get stuck in new, different match with the same thing happening...
If it helps, both matches were on the Ularra map, and I was on Green Team both times that I got stuck. I am not sure if that matters or not, but this issue is getting quite frustrating. It has been over an hour that has gone by simply "Waiting for players" and I have not been able to successfully play a Battleground match at all. GG ZOS. No RE!
I guess only 8/9 characters are getting their daily BG win tonight...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler please look into the "Waiting for players" Battleground intermission lobby issue. Thanks.

Anyway, I guess I will just log off while stuck in this Battleground intermission "Waiting for players" lobby. So... GOOD NIGHT!
R.I.P. Battlegrounds.
Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 12, 2019 5:34AM
ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will pass this issue along.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also hate the chaos ball issue where you can occasionally hold a ball without taking damage
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue happened again, today, just now.
    https://imgur.com/a/lJ9qxB1
    See what I mean?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please look into this Battleground "Waiting For Players" permanent intermission-lobby issue.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on July 23, 2018 12:46AM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again, just now: https://imgur.com/a/Wx1pMWD
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert please acknowledge the Battlegrounds "Waiting for players" infinite-lobby bug, where one team does not get enough players and the match never starts, and all players are forced to take the 20-minute deserter penalty because the intermission lobby never goes away.

Been sitting in this "Waiting for players" intermission lobby for 10+ minutes.
    Going to log out and play a different character now since Battlegrounds are unplayable, apparently. GG.

Here are FOURTEEN (14) screenshots of the exact same battleground match intermission lobby, over time: https://imgur.com/a/Wx1pMWD
    As one can see, the battlegrounds queue will constantly filter players in, but Fire Drakes (Orange Team) will never have 3 or 4 players -- to be able to start the game. Any new players that join will be put onto Pit Daemons (Green) and Storm Lords (Purple) teams.

@Tasear please be note this and be sure to relay the message to them in your next meet-up with The Devs.
    Side-note, I love how there was no mention or acknowledgement of this bug on the most-recent PvP-oriented ESO-Live stream last week.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 9, 2018 4:33AM
  • bamanoob
    bamanoob
    Soul Shriven
    I had the exact same issue today; twice in a row. Can we take a second look at the deserter penalty @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? 20 mins is way too long! It should be half the time of an average bg. Also, that could put a bandaid on the broken queue system until you fix it. Thanks!
  • bamanoob
    bamanoob
    Soul Shriven
    3 times in a row. I give up. No more bg’s for me until this gets fixed. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bamanoob
    https://imgur.com/a/Wx1pMWD "Yo orange team, how you enjoying the infinite lobby? Lolololol" (the fourth-last screenshot on my screenshot hyperlink list)
    That was you? Lmfao :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 9, 2018 4:51AM
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    what a joke lol i hope this is fixed now
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug/issue is still not fixed, not even in Wolfhunter Update 19, nor was it addressed or mentioned in any of the most recent ZOS ESO Live streams.

Here is another link and string of pictures and chat-text images detailing the Battleground infinite intermission lobby bug: https://imgur.com/a/GPmHcui

It just happened to me AGAIN (moments before this post). This bug is pretty popular and seems to have like a 10% chance of occurring, like 1 in every 10 BGs matches...
    That adds up to a lot of wasted time waiting for the deserter penalty due to a very common bug; players are forced to take the deserter penalty to leave and break the infinite lobby loop.

Again, by all means, feel free to click the link for the string of screenshots of the battleground lobby and in-game chat.

Any official acknowledgment or response would be greatly appreciated. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_RichLambert

Please, and thank you?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 19, 2018 5:45AM
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported the same issue in the Bug section. No acknowledge so far.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430887/battleground-instances-stuck
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is still frequently occurring. Still no acknowledgment from @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Oh, wait, I forgot -- they do not play any ESO PvP -- ESO, a game that was marketed for PvP since launch...

This bug is probably the reason why ZOS Devs do not ever play Battlegrounds on Live Servers, they only ever play Battlegrounds on the PTS, during ESO Live streams. :lol:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    Its worse at late night, cause the only BGs that seem to be up are the broken ones. I've end up with all my 6 PvP chars locked out of BGs and then I just to go to bed :/
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any word yet?
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds -- still constantly stuck in an infinite "Waiting for players" intermission lobby where the match never starts.
    Consistently forced to take the Deserter Penalty.
    This problem still occurs for me daily in Battlegrounds, and has for several weeks now, and sometimes several times per day, but STILL no mention of the infinite "Waiting for players" intermission lobby issue in the PTS patch-notes and still no acknowledgment of this issue by the Devs. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RobGarrett

Since none of the Devs are reading this, please bring up this Battleground bug in the next Class Rep meeting. I and hundreds of other players have wasted several hours of 'Deserter Penalties' not being able to play Battlegrounds because the Battleground match never starts due to this infinite-loop intermission lobby bug.
    20+ minutes of waiting in the intermission lobby, plus 20+ minutes of the Deserter Penalty, plus this cycle repeating several times = lots of lost time.
    The OP's post was over 2 months ago. A fix by now would have been great, but a simple acknowledgment of this issue by the Devs would be even better, at this rate.

@Tasear @Alcast @Joy_Division @Checkmath @GandTheImpaler @Quantum_V @FeaR Turbo @Hexys @NightbladeMechanics @Liofa @Masel92 @stileanima

Please relay the message.
    Oh, look, my Deserter Penalty is finally up...

ZOS should disable the Battleground Deserter Penalty until a fix for this issue is live.

Best regards.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three times now, I've been pulled back to the same broken battleground.

Can ESO please fix this issue, or even just acknowledge it's existence? Would be nice.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Darkmistress1337
    Darkmistress1337
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20181101_002729.png?width=914&height=485

This Battleground Infinite Intermission Lobby issue still occurs even after the Murkmire update.
    Still no official comment from ZOS.

@Tasear on July 17th you said that you would pass this issue along to ZOS. It is now November 1st. Did you? Did anything come of it? Do they know about it? Did ZOS say anything about this issue? WHERE IS THE FOLLOW-UP?
    How many ZOS/Class-Rep meetings and incremental patches have there been since then?
    Why is this major issue still not fixed -- more importantly -- why is no one talking about it?
    Cumulatively, hundreds of hours have been wasted due to this long-standing issue.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler and company still have not acknowledged this long-standing Battleground bug/issue issue in any Dev Comments, Patch Notes, ESO Live, nor any other official statement, medium, or channel.

ESO Battlegrounds are completely broken, unplayable, and myself, my teammates, and every other silent majority-player are forced to take the Deserter Penalty time and time again because we are stuck on "Waiting for players" but new-entrants to the BG never get placed onto the appropriate underdog team. Please fix the coding!

Here, look, here is more proof: Screenshot_20181101_003743.png?width=914&height=485

Now everyone on Purple Team left.
    Screenshot_20181101_003759.png?width=914&height=485

Now the BG-queue put new players onto Purple Team, but the match never starts, and those players will eventually be forced to take the Deserter Penalty. Time and time again.
    Screenshot_20181101_004031.png?width=914&height=485

And it continues:Screenshot_20181101_004532.png

Screenshot_20181101_005416.png

This issue needs more attention. Does the Waiting For Players / Infinite Lobby Battlegrounds glitch ever happen to you? @FENGRUSH @OdinForge @Alcast @ScarrX @VaranisArano @Tasear @Alcast @Joy_Division @Checkmath @GandTheImpaler @Quantum_V @Hexys @NightbladeMechanics @Liofa @Masel92 @stileanima

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett
    Do y'all even play Battlegrounds on the Live server?! This is becoming a broken product / failed service.
    Edited by Darkmistress1337 on April 21, 2019 7:14PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmistress1337
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracarys1337

I have not experienced this bug, perhaps because my Battlegrounds experience is mostly in the Below 50 BGs, where I'm leveling my nightblade from the Daily Random Battleground and then stopping for the day.

However, thank you for documenting this bug! It sounds really frustrating.

So when it comes to fixing a bug or any computer issue, the first thing I try to do is replicate the results. Let me ask some questions so I can try to replicate this if I get the chance, okay?

It sounds like, from this and the other thread, that you queue into Battlegrounds like normal, but your instance never fills up/never starts the match, so you have to leave and take the Deserter Penalty. This happens about 1 in 10 times. Do I understand that correctly?

If so, there's a lot of variables that go into Battlegrounds. I probably don't play enough Battlegrounds to track this myself if its a 1 in 10 chance (nor will I probably have time to test thoroughly this month, thanks to NaNoWriMo). But if I do manage to, I'd probably chart it out like:

Is it the Daily Random Battleground or a later one? If later, what # of match is it? I'd be curious to see if its random or it gets worse over time.

What type of match got bugged? Is a specific type more vulnerable? A specific map? (You mentuoned the Ularra map) Does it matter if I queue for random or specific types?

Does it happen more at certain times? (Someone mentioned it happening more late at night.)

Now, yeah, that's a lot of variables to test. And yeah, it kinda sucks that we players might have to track those variables ourselves instead of the devs doing it. On the other hand, we've seen this before with the Undaunted groupfinder, where the Devs need lots of people encountering known bugs before they can find the source and (temporarily) fix it.

So I guess what I plan to do, should I encounter this bug, is to send in and record a support ticket containing all that information I think might be variables or help ZOS identify what's causing the bug.

(And finally, while I appreciate you including e in that list of @ names, I'm neither a Class Rep, streamer, nor have any special pull with the devs. I'm just a rather active player on the forums who likes to track data. :) If I have time between working and NaNoWriMo, I'll try to put some more time into Battlegrounds and see if I can manage to experience this bug and get more style pages.)
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Also hate the chaos ball issue where you can occasionally hold a ball without taking damage

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but yesterday a moving dead body stole our ball. We couldn't target him. GG.
    XBox One - NA
  • dawgyg999
    dawgyg999
    ✭✭
    Sick and tired of the multitude of bugs in BG.

- Not enough players in group
    - Infinite forming group - Which makes you have to log out to try again
    - Waiting for players - That never arrive

Just fix this stuff, or at least acknowledge it's a problem and you're working on it
  • dawgyg999
    dawgyg999
    ✭✭
    FYI the forming group bug appears to be at prime time. It's happening right now for me and hasn't happened until now.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    I almost stopped playing in BGs, I just don't have time to spend half of the evening in ready checks.
    Bugs have been out since August and the topic on "Bugs Forum" has just a very old reply with no further update.

The only solution I've found is doing something else.

EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Darkmistress1337
    Darkmistress1337
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracarys1337

I have not experienced this bug, perhaps because my Battlegrounds experience is mostly in the Below 50 BGs, where I'm leveling my nightblade from the Daily Random Battleground and then stopping for the day.

However, thank you for documenting this bug! It sounds really frustrating.

So when it comes to fixing a bug or any computer issue, the first thing I try to do is replicate the results. Let me ask some questions so I can try to replicate this if I get the chance, okay?

It sounds like, from this and the other thread, that you queue into Battlegrounds like normal, but your instance never fills up/never starts the match, so you have to leave and take the Deserter Penalty. This happens about 1 in 10 times. Do I understand that correctly?

If so, there's a lot of variables that go into Battlegrounds. I probably don't play enough Battlegrounds to track this myself if its a 1 in 10 chance (nor will I probably have time to test thoroughly this month, thanks to NaNoWriMo). But if I do manage to, I'd probably chart it out like:

Is it the Daily Random Battleground or a later one? If later, what # of match is it? I'd be curious to see if its random or it gets worse over time.

What type of match got bugged? Is a specific type more vulnerable? A specific map? (You mentuoned the Ularra map) Does it matter if I queue for random or specific types?

Does it happen more at certain times? (Someone mentioned it happening more late at night.)

Now, yeah, that's a lot of variables to test. And yeah, it kinda sucks that we players might have to track those variables ourselves instead of the devs doing it. On the other hand, we've seen this before with the Undaunted groupfinder, where the Devs need lots of people encountering known bugs before they can find the source and (temporarily) fix it.

So I guess what I plan to do, should I encounter this bug, is to send in and record a support ticket containing all that information I think might be variables or help ZOS identify what's causing the bug.

(And finally, while I appreciate you including e in that list of @ names, I'm neither a Class Rep, streamer, nor have any special pull with the devs. I'm just a rather active player on the forums who likes to track data. :) If I have time between working and NaNoWriMo, I'll try to put some more time into Battlegrounds and see if I can manage to experience this bug and get more style pages.)

I and others have gotten this Battleground "Waiting For Players" Infinite Intermission Lobby bug on every BG map / game-mode, at this point. At first, I figured maybe the bug was tied only to a specific map/mode or even team-color; however, after 5 months of observation, and running into this bug far too frequently, every day (and sometimes multiple times per day), I have come to the conclusion that the BG map/mode/team doesn't matter, the bug simply has to do with 1 team not getting more than 2 players, and the match never starting because of it -- only for players to figure this out after 5-20+ minutes of the match not starting, then they leave and new players get filtered in and put onto the team of players that left -- instead of new players being placed on the team that only had 2 players to begin with.
    The bug seems to be purely limited to a queue/player-team-placement issue. (One can observe this by clicking F5 and viewing the different players on the scoreboard over time, like all of my screenshots show.)

I have had this Infinite Intermission Lobby Battleground bug happen in the CP-enabled BGs and even in the under-50 queue.
    I have helped numerous newbie friends level up from level 10-50 by getting the daily BG win during the halloween x2 XP event.
    In fact, me and 2 friends queued for a daily random under-50 BG the other day; and, one of them didn't even load into the same match as us. In addition, the match that me and my other friend got loaded into had the Infinite Intermission Lobby bug.

SO, being loaded into a Battleground "Waiting For Players" Infinite Intermission-Lobby Loop where the match never starts was a GREAT EXPERIENCE for new first-time ESO/BG players -- NOT. Let's just say that this bug left a very bad impression of ESO for him since we were both forced to take the Deserter Penalty -- wait 20 minutes -- and then try to re-queue. That whole ordeal was a waste of an XP scroll, too. This issue is worse than some of the ESO launch/beta bugs. Almost as bad as server roll-backs. Our time is equally-wasted.

Suffice to say, this Battleground "Waiting For Players" Infinite Intermission-Lobby Loop bug occurs WAY TOO OFTEN.
    My initial impressions/estimates were like a 1 in 10 chance of it occuring. For how often my friends and I play Battlegrounds, I'd say it is more like 1 in 5 BG matches that this issue happens. Especially when it happens back-to-back, even directly after waiting for the Deserter Penalty timer. The next worst scenario is it happens again. And again.

And it does.
    Edited by Darkmistress1337 on November 1, 2018 7:27PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmistress1337
  • PexiMax
    PexiMax
    I also have this bug.. I usually enter only for the daily xp..If i get the xp then Im done. But is the 3rd day now that i have this bug. Waited @ 20 mins for players once I was in.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PexiMax wrote: »
    I also have this bug.. I usually enter only for the daily xp..If i get the xp then Im done. But is the 3rd day now that i have this bug. Waited @ 20 mins for players once I was in.

Yeah, I stopped playing Battlegrounds altogether because of how frequently I got this bug, which always prompts the Deserter Penalty.

ZOS doesn't care to look into this issue, otherwise @ZOS_GinaBruno and company would have at least acknowledged the issue and said something by now...

Yet, here we are, 6 months later...
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448359/cannot-start-bg-finder-unable-to-fill-all-the-teams#latest

Reported that month ago, no responses. But sad to see this "feature" is for half of the year lol.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror

CP 981 Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Templar Healer/DPS, Former Empress, looking for friends for Battlegrounds!

Screenshot_20190113_185608.png?width=883&height=468

Screenshot_20190113_185744.png

Screenshot_20190113_185855.png

Screenshot_20190113_185952.png

Another great PvP event.
    But, seriously, could I get some teammates?

Battleground matches never start, courtesy of the infinite intermission lobby glitch bug from hell.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Great game. :neutral:
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hoooo, boy didn't realize this bug was THAT old :/ got stuck with it today, ended up going into Cyro to do scounting quest, just so that i could finish some sort of pvp quest for the feathers, since BG's apparently weren't happening at the time :/
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the bug a few times yesterday also. Along with some endless load screens lol
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    This is still broken. The salt in the wound is after waiting 15 minutes until just about everyone else has left, you get the deserter debuff that prevents you from queuing and receiving AP points from any PvP category. Deserter should be disabled until this is fixed.