The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To open DLC containers do you have to have the DLC associated with the container?

Whit3W0lf
Whit3W0lf
I played the free ESO+ event and just logged on and found i had 2 blue unidentified sithis touch equipment and 1 blue unidentified sithis touch head armor from the dark brotherhood DLC so anyways I do not have the DLC played it free during the event forgot to open these yesterday anyways I click on them they are empty and it freezes my Xbox one (EU) so is this a bug?

Best Answer

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never tried that to find out. I don't think that is supposed to be locked out. You got those containers so they should still open and give you items unless some other unrelated issue is happening.
    Answer ✓
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to open the theives troves is unlocked by the first skill in the Theives guild line, which in turn i think is either gained by doing the mission or just by opening a theives trove when you have access to the DLC, so once you have that skill you should be able to still open them, but any new toon that does not have that skill will be locked out....
    at least thats how it was from before.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to open the theives troves is unlocked by the first skill in the Theives guild line, which in turn i think is either gained by doing the mission or just by opening a theives trove when you have access to the DLC, so once you have that skill you should be able to still open them, but any new toon that does not have that skill will be locked out....
    at least thats how it was from before.

You didn't read, did you?

The OP is saying they had the reward containers from Dark Brotherhood quests in their inventory. That's a whole different thing from Thieves Troves.