Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf Toggle or...

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
Would adding a werewolf toggle be better OR would it be better if while you were in werewolf form you are able to generate ultimate to transform again immediately once it ends.

Discuss this and other suggestions or ideas
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand (or even know) what zos' reasoning was for not allowing us to earn ultimate while in form...

werewolf transformation - outside of basic overland/delve/public dungeon content - is a very situational type thing...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i would be happy with either, there are may situation where i would like to into human form so do a specific task then back to WW.
    But maybe this reasoning is then you could always go into human form cast Buffs/ Heals/ Execute then back to WW easily. but tbh i would be ok if they adjusted WW damage to be able to do this.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never play werewolf because I hate the time limit gimmick. The eating people to increase time. And the fact you can just go hang out all werewolf in towns...

I'd love for it to be toggleable, and for werewolf not to be like an "OP buff" but to be just like... a viable build. I'd also definitely say that being in werewolf form should make guards attack you, and villagers flee/attack.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes remove the ultimate.. and the time limit garbage..

Or i'd never use it.

I'll get my two dyes and cure..
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 17, 2018 12:27AM
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes make it a toggle and remove the ultimate or perhaps add a passive to the WW skill-line to make it a permanent change.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool to get a nice werewolf surprise like this, fingers crossed that one day we can toggle OR even generate ultimate while in werewolf form. @ZOS_GinaBruno pretty pleeeeeease
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove the timelimit, not gain ult charge while in it and create a skill line for vamp and werewolf hunters to deal with them.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to do that, make it it’s own class
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should keep WW they way it is and add the Ring of Hircine.

Ring of Hircine – This ring increases the Werewolf Transformation ultimate cost to 500. It also disables the countdown timer in Werewolf Form.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem for me with WW is getting enough up-time to train my fingers to use the ability bar. So, a toggle would be great.
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make it a toggle only in pve, so pvpers wont cry for nerfs to the skilline
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 17, 2018 7:57AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new werewolf house will allow you stay in werewolf form as long as you like.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should keep WW they way it is and add the Ring of Hircine.

Ring of Hircine – This ring increases the Werewolf Transformation ultimate cost to 500. It also disables the countdown timer in Werewolf Form.

I think this idea has real merit. If there was a 5 piece set called 'ring of hircine' then you would have to give up another 5 piece set to get the toggle. I think that could be very balanced.

Currently I imagine sets like shacklebreaker, bone pirates or pelenials would be the other 5 piece set, none of which would let a toggled werewolf do the incredible damage they are already doing during their timed transformation.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having problems to stay in WW-form in PvP is honestly a "L2P-issue" (don´t like to use that term but regarding this matter it´s true). For PvE it will be significantly easier next patch with the chance to the Bloodrage passive.

There´re many ways to increase the time in WW-form (speaking from a PvP perspective):
    * Learn when to use werewolf form: If you´re inside a keep or in an area where you know there´ll be a lot of enemies that´s a good place to transform, because you´ll have plenty of people to feed upon. In imperial city you´ve enemies everywhere so there it´s not an issue at all. And in battlegrounds you won´t have to run that far to engage enemies or to feed.

* Run in a group of other werewolfs: By far the best solution. Don´t think I´ve ever been bothered to look at the timer with 2-3 other werewolfs in my group.

Why toggle is a bad idea from a balance point of view:
    It would give you the opportunity to go "god-mode" at any time given. In 1v1 werewolf is incredibly strong. And being able to transform in and out whenever you like without any cooldown or downside is severely un-balanced.
    During the transformation itself you´re also immune to all sources of damage (not while turning back to human though). Making werewolf a toggle would open up the opportunity to abuse this mechanic immensely.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An armour set would be quite a good idea. And is probably the best was to resolve any werewolf transformation ideas:

- A set that allows ult regen while in werewolf form.

- A set that allows you to toggle werewolf on and off. Add a short cooldown between toggles if need be.

- A set that allows you to stay in werewolf form once activated. Once deactivated, you must gain ult again.

- A set that offers an x% chance to change into a werewolf when hit or dealing damage, regardless of how much ult you have. (must have werewolf skill line)

- A set that changes you into a werewolf for free at night.

any other ideas welcome. feel free to discuss above set ideas.
    Edited by Chrysa1is on July 17, 2018 9:23AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Would adding a werewolf toggle be better OR would it be better if while you were in werewolf form you are able to generate ultimate to transform again immediately once it ends.

Well, here's a terrible idea I'm still mildly fond of: The werewolf transform is a modal ability, either turning you into one, or back. For either transform, it costs ultimate. Meaning you need to build up your ult again in werewolf form before you can go back to normal.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »

Well, here's a terrible idea I'm still mildly fond of: The werewolf transform is a modal ability, either turning you into one, or back. For either transform, it costs ultimate. Meaning you need to build up your ult again in werewolf form before you can go back to normal.

i like this idea
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at the changes ZO$ have made to WW over time and it's clear they don't want players staying in WW form for long durations without have to jump through hoops.
    Their design goal is either short duration easy transformation or long duration that you have to really work for, there isn't going to be a long duration transformation that's easy to keep, that's just not what they want and it's all about what they want ,not the players :(
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so disappointed with werewolf..

I wanted to explore in wolf form, hunt in the wilds, lap water from a stream, howl at the moon, get the snot kicked out of me by guards if I went near a town.

Having to constantly kill and feed to stay in form gets old quickly and takes away the ability to rp some out in the wilds wolfiness.

I think Zeni can be extremely short sighted at times, I run a vamp too and if your a vamp then your a vamp 24/7 and can even enter towns at stage 4 without consequence which I think is a bit naff as it's obvious what you are.

Both ww and vamp could have been so much better.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a toggle, it can be op on 1x1 duels but most of time you go against 10 people in Cyro or a few in BGs and chances are you will be trounced unless you playing against potatoes. In PVE doesn't really matter, it's not like you will ever have ww healers or tanks and at its current form it doesn't have the sustain to dps, can't revive, etc. Even if was op you do give up a lot to stay on WW, no ultimates, no weapon swaps, same 5 skills, so why they avoid doing it permanently boggles the mind.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be a toggle, wait for the next patch, Werewolf will be easy-mode to use and even more powerful.

This time, you'll probably have some streamers to show you how its done thanks to the increase in popularity.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having no timer...in a house...is useless to overworld roaming.

Expecting to be in a full group of werewolves...all the time...is useless to overworld roaming.

They can stop the timer going down at the shrines and in a house...so they can do the same for all overworld areas and dungeons.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be able to support it being a toggle under one condition. If you die you revert back to your human form and have to grind out the required ultimate from 0 again before you can get back to ww form.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toggle
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    I might be able to support it being a toggle under one condition. If you die you revert back to your human form and have to grind out the required ultimate from 0 again before you can get back to ww form.

Sounds fair.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toggle, ring, passive skill,... idc just as long as the timer is/can be removed.
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    I may be coming at this from a more aesthetic perspective here, but I was kind of hoping that this new Werewolf rework would have the Ultimate itself act more like the Sorc's Overload Ult and would function like this:

- To transform into werewolf the ultimate will remove 325 ult from your pool. So if you have a reserve of 500 ult you still have 175 ult left.
    - While in combat, your Werewolf form overexerts itself for combat which starts a countdown bar which can be replenished with abilities like Devour and Feral Pounce
    - While out of combat, your form stabilizes and halts the countdown bar until combat is reengaged
    - You can still elect to get out of Werewolf form by toggling your ult again

I can walk from one side of Tamriel to the other in Overload form, I don't see why I can't do the same in Werewolf form. Also I hear people talking about how our werewolf forms should look more like [INSERT ADJECTIVE HERE]. What about Werewolf polymorphs? Fluffier werewolves, gory werewolves, cooler looking werewolves, friendlier looking werewolves, bulkier werewolves, Hallowjack themed werewolves...and so on and so forth.

Here's something I posted in a WW thread on the PTS forums awhile ago. You still have the timer for those who say, "Toggle WW is too OP especially for 1v1, plz nerf." While still granting the WW-like toggle that those of us who want a WW toggle.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Having problems to stay in WW-form in PvP is honestly a "L2P-issue" (don´t like to use that term but regarding this matter it´s true). For PvE it will be significantly easier next patch with the chance to the Bloodrage passive.

There´re many ways to increase the time in WW-form (speaking from a PvP perspective):
    * Learn when to use werewolf form: If you´re inside a keep or in an area where you know there´ll be a lot of enemies that´s a good place to transform, because you´ll have plenty of people to feed upon. In imperial city you´ve enemies everywhere so there it´s not an issue at all. And in battlegrounds you won´t have to run that far to engage enemies or to feed.

* Run in a group of other werewolfs: By far the best solution. Don´t think I´ve ever been bothered to look at the timer with 2-3 other werewolfs in my group.

Why toggle is a bad idea from a balance point of view:
    It would give you the opportunity to go "god-mode" at any time given. In 1v1 werewolf is incredibly strong. And being able to transform in and out whenever you like without any cooldown or downside is severely un-balanced.
    During the transformation itself you´re also immune to all sources of damage (not while turning back to human though). Making werewolf a toggle would open up the opportunity to abuse this mechanic immensely.

Pretty much this.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remain in WW form for exactly 2 hours with a cooldown of 170 hours. Would be close to being a WW for 1 night every in game 30 days.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that i could see implemented to please Role Players is to pause timer while out of combat, because it doesn't have too much repercussion on PvP balance.

But even that does not "feel" right to me.

From a RP point of view, i like the current system where transformation is the culmination of an already raging fight, and disappears along with said rage when things cool down.

Werewolf should keep it's "uncontrolled" feel (bit like the Hulk) opposed to vampire calm and cold planning.
    Edited by Aznox on July 20, 2018 9:31AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club