The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolf Poll - Pounce (Timer/Snare/SnareRemoval)

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Having a chat up on the Verewolf Discord, the conversation about Pounce brought up some interesting ideas. To get a sense from other players, we'd like to poll about the barebones changes we agreed on.

Pounce: Move the Timer Increase from Feral Pounce to the Base Skill

Brutal Pounce: Add a 4s 30% AoE Snare.

Feral Pounce: Remove Snares when cast.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 16, 2018 11:55PM

Werewolf Poll - Pounce (Timer/Snare/SnareRemoval) 24 votes

I would like the change
75%
SkelfishArobainChrlynschRmmichael95Strider__RoshinAliyavanaThe_LexFischblutAnti_VirusQbikenRiskyBizcoop500Mr_WolfeKingslayer513AznoxFiedelstrichRaptorRodeoGodKilcosu 18 votes
The change isn't needed
16%
vailjohn_ESOCrazyWolf712WeylandLabsJuhasow 4 votes
It could be Improived
8%
AmericanSpyDrahn 2 votes
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the change
    Seems like a reasonable way to make both morph useful.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I would like the change
    Definitely like this idea, especially having a way to remove snares other than using potions or break free.

Would Brutal Pounce keep it's splash damage in this scenario? That's currently the main appeal of that morph, and I know players who currently use it over Feral Pounce specifically because they like to pounce into groups of enemies, relying on Bloodrage to keep their timer up.

With the change coming to Bloodrage, that playstyle is effectively dead--but moving the timer regen to the base skill could revive it as long as Brutal Pounce keeps it's aoe.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on if the damage would be nerfed in this scenario or not.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Wolfe

Brutal Pounce would keep the AoE.

(Personally I think it should be part of the base skill too, and Brutal pounce adds the snare, but perhaps that's powercreep?)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 16, 2018 10:10PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JPcrazysquirrel3

Damage of Pounce? Or other factors?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like the change
    No to the snare. Yes to the snare removal.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Daus

That would be the safest/quickest route, for sure.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discussing changes if great. However, with this consideration have you taken in the perspective Zos has for having the timer increase at the morph level?

Without taking that into account it could be a futile exercise.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Then you just have it increase on the Base Ability Level. With a 4s Base on all Morphs (no additions afterward)
    (1/2/3/4s) for Base, (4s)/(4s) for morphs.

copy/paste the code from Feral into Pounce and Brutal, and hardcode 4s into Feral and Brutal.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 16, 2018 10:36PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @idk

Then you just have it increase on the Base Ability Level. With a 4s Base on all Morphs (no additions afterward)
    (1/2/3/4s) for Base, (4s)/(4s) for morphs.

copy/paste the code from Feral into Pounce and Brutal, and hardcode 4s into Feral and Brutal.

How does that take into account the perspective

Zos has with the design of this skill? Clearly there is a reason they are forcing players to make a choice. I do not think it has to do with copy and paste of code.

Wanting to eliminate that choice without addressing it seems like a short path to no where.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

You mean the choice between AoE damage that can't be spammed without a minimum range, that's only half of the single-target damage, on a class that specializes on light attacks over abilities, versus the only way to keep up WW form outside of using Devour?

The skill itself is lackluster apart from the generic utility that a charge/leap provides. Which isn't changing.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 16, 2018 11:30PM
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I would like the change
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Mr_Wolfe

Brutal Pounce would keep the AoE.

(Personally I think it should be part of the base skill too, and Brutal pounce adds the snare, but perhaps that's powercreep?)

That could be a good idea. Werewolf doesn't have a lot of AoE options right now, so I don't think it would be too overpowering.
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    I would like the change
    Why not just make 1 morph remove snares and 1 give time? I could more easily keep time up if I could actually get into a fight without not losing the ability to move. I think moving the timer increase to the base skill is a big step to ask ZoS to take.
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    I would like the change
    I think adding the timer to the base skill wouldn't be huge thing to ask, brutal pounce is used in probably only 5% of the already small werewolf community and that bothers me.

in this form it would give us a utility that could make up for the loss of stun on off balance and also make both morphs viable options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I though WW only need to do light atk will reach 50k dps alr....why need skill
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heng14rwb17_ESO

Currently it's a DPS loss to use this skill (Single-Target anyway). After this change... It would still be a DPS loss.

WW skills are essentially utility.

(The only reason I would want the AoE damage part to also be part of the base skill, even though it would still be a damage loss, is because of the visual effects the ability creates for all morphs)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 17, 2018 11:30AM