The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

honestly tired of being *** by magsorcs

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    Not a sorc per se but I do have a max sorc alt. So easy to blow people up. People mock range but it's the key here. Fossilized is Mele range. This is huge in large battles. Being able to take away players ability to react in a game built on reaction is op when you pair it with delayed burst. If your not dying from the sorc that caged you your dying from something else. And trust me your gonna die from my shacklebreaker amberplasm 790 cp meteor/frag/curse/scoria/execute hitting at the same time. With no ability to react. Skill. Hah class carry I say.

Why Skoria on mSorc... mSorc has like no DoTs to actually proc it reliably to make it worth while other than Degeneration which is just one DoT.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    Not a sorc per se but I do have a max sorc alt. So easy to blow people up. People mock range but it's the key here. Fossilized is Mele range. This is huge in large battles. Being able to take away players ability to react in a game built on reaction is op when you pair it with delayed burst. If your not dying from the sorc that caged you your dying from something else. And trust me your gonna die from my shacklebreaker amberplasm 790 cp meteor/frag/curse/scoria/execute hitting at the same time. With no ability to react. Skill. Hah class carry I say.

Why Skoria on mSorc... mSorc has like no DoTs to actually proc it reliably to make it worth while other than Degeneration which is just one DoT.

Actually it's quite pointless to argue with someone who is blatantly mocking playing a mag sorc. Anyone who invested months to get a competitively geared and skilled PvP character and learned to play it competently, is not going to picture it as a dumb-tastic OP "nerf-me-nao" 1 button wonder.

If you had to believe to this kind of post, you'd think at least 5M ESO players are affected by cognitive dissonance about their own characters.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf is a gamepad?

The Xbox or PS4 controller? I’m not sure which one you use.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wtf is a gamepad?

The Xbox or PS4 controller? I’m not sure which one you use.

Razer Naga Hex v2 and Logitech G510

2ebag7.jpg

2ebcxv.jpg
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be joking. Not able to shield? You realize you can 2 shot any sorc in the game with their shield down unless you're just not decent. Can we consolidate all of these nerf sorc threads so there is a central support group for people who got hurt by a sorc.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be joking. Not able to shield? You realize you can 2 shot any sorc in the game with their shield down unless you're just not decent. Can we consolidate all of these nerf sorc threads so there is a central support group for people who got hurt by a sorc.

Lol seriously is this where all the noobs I pick off with executes from 28m away come to cry instead of to my personal inbox? I can't believe some of the comments here regarding Sorc's and Rune Cage when compared against a NB that can literally insta-pop you from stealth with Lethal or can instakill you with a Fear + Incap before I have time to do anything.

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta nightblade is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta templar is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta forumposter is unreasonable while also dealing loads of nonsensical posts with no evidence or thinking behind it whatsoever. People posting things they clearly know nothing about has always been a problem in this game

I'm glad we had this talk. There are many people on the forums who will gladly engage with you, listen to your points and then prevent their own. However, it's on you to actually read what they're saying - they read your stuff, it isn't too much to ask that you give them the same courtesy in return. To that end, I've merely responded to your post with edited versions of your own.

a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is stronger than a nb and in all cases better than a templar. I do read what everyone says, but you people don't talk from the reality of the field. I don't put the effort to collect and post the proof of these facts, it's not worth discussing, i just write in hope people may realize and see who agrees. I did some BGs with my full pve sorc and had the best kills/deaths score in the game, and that without much effort. And that was not just one match.

i also see overland in Cryodill sorcs who just faceroll everyone spamming that streak like it has cost decrease instead. Don't talk about pressure on shields and that stuff, you put a shield and by the time it is gone, you made enough pressure on the opponent to stay both offensive and defensive at the same time.

why have sorcs to be killed only when outnumbered and by people who are built specifically to counter them? sorcs are by general against anything. Go ahead slot runes against a melee but that it.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta nightblade is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta templar is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta forumposter is unreasonable while also dealing loads of nonsensical posts with no evidence or thinking behind it whatsoever. People posting things they clearly know nothing about has always been a problem in this game

I'm glad we had this talk. There are many people on the forums who will gladly engage with you, listen to your points and then prevent their own. However, it's on you to actually read what they're saying - they read your stuff, it isn't too much to ask that you give them the same courtesy in return. To that end, I've merely responded to your post with edited versions of your own.

a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is stronger than a nb and in all cases better than a templar. I do read what everyone says, but you people don't talk from the reality of the field. I don't put the effort to collect and post the proof of these facts, it's not worth discussing, i just write in hope people may realize and see who agrees. I did some BGs with my full pve sorc and had the best kills/deaths score in the game, and that without much effort. And that was not just one match.

i also see overland in Cryodill sorcs who just faceroll everyone spamming that streak like it has cost decrease instead. Don't talk about pressure on shields and that stuff, you put a shield and by the time it is gone, you made enough pressure on the opponent to stay both offensive and defensive at the same time.

why have sorcs to be killed only when outnumbered and by people who are built specifically to counter them? sorcs are by general against anything. Go ahead slot runes against a melee but that it.

People really need to stop bringing up K/D ratios from BGs when trying to say that sorc's are OP. That happens when a sorc is either really good and the opponents are really bad and he wades into combat getting his own kills, or when a sorc sits behind the other players on his team and spams execute and never gets pressured by opponents at all. And PVE Sorcs have insane damage potential and very little in regards to damage mitigation for PVP. So it isn't surprising that a PVE specced Sorc is dealing a lot of damage. And any sorc in BGs against competent players, gets melted if they are alone or outnumbered. 1 stun and they are dead in most cases.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 19, 2018 6:34PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

People really need to stop bringing up K/D ratios from BGs when trying to say that sorc's are OP. That happens when a sorc is either really good and the opponents are really bad and he wades into combat getting his own kills, or when a sorc sits behind the other players on his team and spams execute and never gets pressured by opponents at all. And PVE Sorcs have insane damage potential and very little in regards to damage mitigation for PVP. So it isn't surprising that a PVE specced Sorc is dealing a lot of damage. And any sorc in BGs against competent players, gets melted if they are alone or outnumbered. 1 stun and they are dead in most cases.

The point is, MagSorc is the easiest class to do that on and the reason is the tools provided are too overpowered.

Two executes, CC you can't do *** about, class shield + stacking, arguably best mobility skill, etc. Some builds would give money to have all of that.

Bring on the nerf train. Choo choo!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guaranteed critting execute, invisibility on demand, two strong/cheap class spamables, damage skills that also heal, a supremely overpowered class ultimate that is very cheap, stuns, provides defile, and can be guaranteed to crit, oh and also a CC that you cannot break free of reliably that also ignore block and dodge mechanics. But yeah, sorcs have it all.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grass is always greener....
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guaranteed critting execute, invisibility on demand, two strong/cheap class spamables, damage skills that also heal, a supremely overpowered class ultimate that is very cheap, stuns, provides defile, and can be guaranteed to crit, oh and also a CC that you cannot break free of reliably that also ignore block and dodge mechanics. But yeah, sorcs have it all.

Yep. Too bad we don't get to sit and do it all at 40m. NB have it second easiest yes.

The other three classes have valid complaints for sure.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Too bad we don't get to sit and do it all at 40m. NB have it second easiest yes.

You can give up a bit of supreme overpowered-ness and go magblade. So you also get to enjoy range.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really outrageous that you have to use a gapcloser that ignores terrain, or a full-range root that snares, grants Expedition, and deals damage!
    OUTRAGEOUS!
    >=C
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this hate for magsorcs when you all know that you were carried by mag sorcs through skyreach for hours to get your builds to level 50. Were goin on strike until we get some respect lol. But seriously, magsorc is pigeon holed into playing with a certain set of skills particularly shield stacking and bursts, take them away or nerf them into the ground, even one, and then it isn't even viable to play. I dont have any more trouble with sorcs on my other builds than I do with other classes. I'm more worried about stamden when I'm in Cyrodiil.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    mursie wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Play open Cyro and your laughter will die quickly, as do your pets, IF they're even participating in the fight.
    Also, your gear is TERRIBLE for PvE - but quute good for PvP. Misleading argument you have going there...

I should clarify - my gear was changed to "try" to be somewhat viable for pvp. try being the operative word. my PVE gear is necro/ilambris/infallible aether (don't have vma lightning yet). I switched out IA for shackle and ilambris for shadowrend. and switched a few skills as I noted.

anyways - the point wasn't to say that my build was viable in open world or bg pvp. the point was to say that a very poorly implemented version of the magsorc still had pretty damn good success in bg's - and that a properly specced/geared magsorc would be a nightmare.

It is quite well-known that sorcs are somewhat beginner-friendly, so you should expect such results, especially with pets in small scales and places.
    But once you've played for a couple years, or got to top-tier PvP, you'll start noticing that sorcs lack a few tools to reach the same maximum performance that other classes do. ESPECIALLY nightblades. A single Battleground session just isn't a good basis for in-depth balancing decisions.
    What tools are those? Damage? Got that. Burst? Got that in spades. Defense? Got that. Mobility? Got that too. Execute? Check! What am I missing here lol? Do you play XboxNA?

Off the top of my head, Sorcs lack a decent heal-over-time, a way to escape snares and roots, and a cheap, effective burst ultimate like Incap or Dawnbreaker but costing Magicka. We also need access to debuffs like Defile.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an UI issue. You don't see the health bar moving (despite all your efforts) because the shield bar is so badly implemented. And you don't see the magicka bar obviously. Yes, I can streak 3 or 4 times in a row from a full magicka bar. It's empty afterwards.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc always were demons for new players. Very few experienced player see magsorcs as op. So with recent magsorc nerf posts, we can assume that eso pop is growing
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs and NBs always argue about the other being more powerful. The other classes are utility grunts.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    Sorcs and NBs always argue about the other being more powerful. The other classes are utility grunts.

No, NBs constantly demand nerfs on sorcs because sorcs are their counter class and sorcs erect defensive walls to avoid the nerfs.

Then ZOS comes and trolls both, by removing class signature abilities from sorcs and giving Rune Cage to kill NBs more.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    the rune cage burst meta is horrible and offers 0 counterplay. stacking 30k damage with a undodgeable/unblockable cc is OP

fix runecage by making the sorcs not be able to shield if they have it slotted. why should you be able to one shot everyone if we cant do it back?
    ^I mean that's completely unreasonable buuuut.

Kind of agree. Busted out the ol' mSorc just for tier 1 rewards on Vivec before campaign end. Had some antiquated setup (haven't played mSorc since Elegant meta). Bursting people was the easiest thing I've ever done in this game. I sneezed on people from 28m and they died. In all seriousness tho, mSorc is the most well designed class in the game IMO. It felt powerful in general and offensively it flowed smooth af-- it was fun.

Realistically the counterplay to rune cage is the same as fear/fossilize. Don't let your health drop below 60-75% and expect to get CC'd. The difference is that rune cage is easier to land and you're more likely to die from insta-execute.

Nb is the beat designed class. It has been said by many great players. Sorcs have no debuffs NB has every debuff and buff
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the rune cage burst meta is horrible and offers 0 counterplay. stacking 30k damage with a undodgeable/unblockable cc is OP

fix runecage by making the sorcs not be able to shield if they have it slotted. why should you be able to one shot everyone if we cant do it back?

Kind of agree. Busted out the ol' mSorc just for tier 1 rewards on Vivec before campaign end. Had some antiquated setup (haven't played mSorc since Elegant meta). Bursting people was the easiest thing I've ever done in this game. I sneezed on people from 28m and they died. In all seriousness tho, mSorc is the most well designed class in the game IMO. It felt powerful in general and offensively it flowed smooth af-- it was fun.

Realistically the counterplay to rune cage is the same as fear/fossilize. Don't let your health drop below 60-75% and expect to get CC'd. The difference is that rune cage is easier to land and you're more likely to die from insta-execute.

Nb is the beat designed class. It has been said by many great players. Sorcs have no debuffs NB has every debuff and buff

Yeah, and it's not even close. Magsorcs have a very defining playstyle and even mediocre sorcs tend to be great at trashing noobs, but at the higher levels of gameplay sorcs aren't even the best overall class. They're also pigeon holed into using a pretty defined set of meta abilities and playing with a specific playstyle, so if you encounter one, 9 times out of 10 you already know what setup they're running and how to counter it.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most magsorcs I know run destro/resto. How can you say “sorcs don’t have access to a good heal” when they have the entire resto line?

The only class that has access to snare immunity in their skills is Templar, as far as I know.

Every other class including nb’s gets it from:
    Mist form
    Shuffle
    Forward momentum

Give up your cookie cutter playstyle if you want snare immunity.
    Edited by kaithuzar on July 20, 2018 8:11PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Most magsorcs I know run destro/resto. How can you say “sorcs don’t have access to a good heal” when they have the entire resto line?

The only class that has access to snare immunity in their skills is Templar, as far as I know.

Every other class including nb’a gets it from:
    Mist form
    Shuffle
    Forward momentum

Sorc self heals required criticals or dark deal. How does that stack up against other classes?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Yeah, and it's not even close. Magsorcs have a very defining playstyle and even mediocre sorcs tend to be great at trashing noobs, but at the higher levels of gameplay sorcs aren't even the best overall class. They're also pigeon holed into using a pretty defined set of meta abilities and playing with a specific playstyle, so if you encounter one, 9 times out of 10 you already know what setup they're running and how to counter it.

While I do agree with the overall message, it has become a lot better and Sorc is a really good class in BGs.

(In a duel against most dueling builds I wouldn't pick sorc, in open world I'd rather have Stam warden, NB, or Stam Sorc... So in BGs hell yeah + kill stealing)

In a 1v1 I can think of 3 cheesy AF builds I'd pick over anything Sorc
    In Open world 1vX I can think of like 4 builds I'd pick over mag sorc
    But I've also always said sorc shines in BGs...

And I've lost where I was going with this
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »

Every other class including nb’a gets it from:
    Mist form
    Shuffle
    Forward momentum

Sorc self heals required criticals or dark deal. How does that stack up against other classes?

Dude,

I’m a magblade, in my build there is 1 heal on my bar & it’s resto bubble.

They’ve nerfed the heal on sap, funnel, & refreshing path. They’ve also increased cost on many if not all of those skills.
    Use the resto line.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blob player believes resto line gives sorcs a good self-heal.

2eeky4.gif
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Exactly
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one shot you speak of takes at least 8 button presses, 10, if you throw in the ultimate.

Not unless you're running spinners, elegant and slim claw then it's only 3 buttons.

Runecage > Hardcast Frags, Overload. All three pieces hit at once.

Admittedly it took a lot of testing and tweaking to get my CP right but my Frag hits for 13k and overload 27k against my testing partner, who had 30k hp with 40k spell resist with 4k critical resist.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
This discussion has been closed.