The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

honestly tired of being *** by magsorcs

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    People whom joined this year asking for balance changes as if they know what has brought us here.

Maybe it's Ike an ESO growth thing.

I remember when I was an unskilled noob I wanted cloak nerfed, but then I L2P

Maybe we will see something similar to that here

It's funny that "L2P" is somehow the answer to rune cage when you have players like Feng Rush complaining about how op rune cage is, because there is no counter. You can't "L2P" against it, because there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
    So, are you saying Feng Rush needs to L2P?
    If the answer is yes, you are simply out of touch, and defending something because you use it knowing how ridiculous it is.

He started playing again? If you'd been on the forums, he and I almost always argue. He's like the worst guy to quote to me. He had a point on smart heal vs dumb damage but that's like the extent we agree on.

I actually talked to the man (when he played...) Have you?

I heard what he said...is there a point that you've talked to him? Because that doesn't change, at all, what he said about rune cage being ridiculous.
    Thanks for your non-point though..

My point is, if you've talked to him, you'd know he's not the end all be all of ESO. He is just like the rest of us, and just because e has an opinion you share, it's not a point.

I suppose TLDR: my non point was in response to your non point

He doesn't have to be the end all be all of ESO.
    My point is he's one of the best, if not THE BEST, PvP player on any platform, and he has a hard time dealing with rune cage. For the simple fact that there's no counter play to it...at all.
    My point is if a player of his caliber has a hard time dealing with it, you can't just pass it off as it being solely a "L2P" issue.
    It's a dismissive tactic because no one who uses it looks at it honestly. You want free, easy kills, and admitting it's op might lead to a change, so those who use it defend it so it doesn't go away. A few sorcs have come out saying it's ridiculous, but most won't.
    Cheers to those honest players out there...wish there were more like you.

ehm, no. He's good, but not the best.

BTW I haven't seen Cody complaining about rune cage

1. Does Kodi play this game? I though he got banned quit.

2. There are people who think RC is fine?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People whom joined this year asking for balance changes as if they know what has brought us here.

Maybe it's Ike an ESO growth thing.

I remember when I was an unskilled noob I wanted cloak nerfed, but then I L2P

Maybe we will see something similar to that here

It's funny that "L2P" is somehow the answer to rune cage when you have players like Feng Rush complaining about how op rune cage is, because there is no counter. You can't "L2P" against it, because there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
    So, are you saying Feng Rush needs to L2P?
    If the answer is yes, you are simply out of touch, and defending something because you use it knowing how ridiculous it is.

He started playing again? If you'd been on the forums, he and I almost always argue. He's like the worst guy to quote to me. He had a point on smart heal vs dumb damage but that's like the extent we agree on.

I actually talked to the man (when he played...) Have you?

I heard what he said...is there a point that you've talked to him? Because that doesn't change, at all, what he said about rune cage being ridiculous.
    Thanks for your non-point though..

My point is, if you've talked to him, you'd know he's not the end all be all of ESO. He is just like the rest of us, and just because e has an opinion you share, it's not a point.

I suppose TLDR: my non point was in response to your non point

He doesn't have to be the end all be all of ESO.
    My point is he's one of the best, if not THE BEST, PvP player on any platform, and he has a hard time dealing with rune cage. For the simple fact that there's no counter play to it...at all.
    My point is if a player of his caliber has a hard time dealing with it, you can't just pass it off as it being solely a "L2P" issue.
    It's a dismissive tactic because no one who uses it looks at it honestly. You want free, easy kills, and admitting it's op might lead to a change, so those who use it defend it so it doesn't go away. A few sorcs have come out saying it's ridiculous, but most won't.
    Cheers to those honest players out there...wish there were more like you.

ehm, no. He's good, but not the best.

BTW I haven't seen Cody complaining about rune cage

1. Does Kodi play this game? I though he got banned quit.

2. There are people who think RC is fine?

I think how it functions is fine. I think range should be 25 m. I think Templars and warden need a hard CC that's class flavored
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 18, 2018 1:31AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    the rune cage burst meta is horrible and offers 0 counterplay. stacking 30k damage with a undodgeable/unblockable cc is OP

fix runecage by making the sorcs not be able to shield if they have it slotted. why should you be able to one shot everyone if we cant do it back?

The one shot you speak of takes at least 8 button presses, 10, if you throw in the ultimate.

Yea thats the problem. You have so many skills hitting you at once its a "one shot" in essence. Any stam class has to alot 3-4 skills minimum to stay alive... leaving the rest to buffs AND active skills.. its pretty easy to stack ranged attcks on people. While its super easy to kite melee.

dont forget that mag has a lot better unique sets. Both proc, stat wise, and defensive than stamina. And way more class skills.

Either ZOS doesnt play ESO or they primarily play mag classes. Pvp slowly turning into a joke

1) Sorcs - like in other games - have backloaded damage. That's just how they are made. You want to change that? You need to scrap the class.

2) Unique sets? I am still using Necropotence, it's still BiS for pet sorc and it's a 2014 set that came at day zero.

Other sets? They are exactly the SAME sets everyone else can use. Magdens, magblades etc. all can use the very same stuff.

3) Ranged attacks: that's how mages work, in every MMO. I recall a post that is almost a photocopy of yours. It's dated 2005 and was made in the WoW forums. Damn mages, how they dare to be ranged!

4) ZOS don't play the game at all. I am a software developer myself and NO WAY someone would pay me to play. That's left to "QA" (something ZOS don't even know what stands for) and youtubers who reveal bugs and exploit for free, so ZOS don't have to pay anyone.

5) PvP in ESO has always been a sad joke. Try some real PvP games, the difference is like night and day, even if ESO had no lag, glitches and so on.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Frags was dodgeable, blockable, and reflectable. It did respectable damage and it had a stun.

Everyone cried to ZOS about where the mean nasty Sorcs touched them. ZOS listened.

Frags Lost 10% proc damage and the CC.

Revert that garbage, add 20% damage to frags and then add the CC back and you can make cage self-snare and then delete the caster’s account for all I care.

Yeah. They cried HARD and ZOS listened them... it the ZOS unique way!

PvP whiners have ONLY to blame themselves. ZOS have a solid track record of how they "fix" stuff, they should have known better than making us lose our very class signature ability.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Play open Cyro and your laughter will die quickly, as do your pets, IF they're even participating in the fight.
    Also, your gear is TERRIBLE for PvE - but quute good for PvP. Misleading argument you have going there...

I should clarify - my gear was changed to "try" to be somewhat viable for pvp. try being the operative word. my PVE gear is necro/ilambris/infallible aether (don't have vma lightning yet). I switched out IA for shackle and ilambris for shadowrend. and switched a few skills as I noted.

anyways - the point wasn't to say that my build was viable in open world or bg pvp. the point was to say that a very poorly implemented version of the magsorc still had pretty damn good success in bg's - and that a properly specced/geared magsorc would be a nightmare.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Play open Cyro and your laughter will die quickly, as do your pets, IF they're even participating in the fight.
    Also, your gear is TERRIBLE for PvE - but quute good for PvP. Misleading argument you have going there...

I should clarify - my gear was changed to "try" to be somewhat viable for pvp. try being the operative word. my PVE gear is necro/ilambris/infallible aether (don't have vma lightning yet). I switched out IA for shackle and ilambris for shadowrend. and switched a few skills as I noted.

anyways - the point wasn't to say that my build was viable in open world or bg pvp. the point was to say that a very poorly implemented version of the magsorc still had pretty damn good success in bg's - and that a properly specced/geared magsorc would be a nightmare.

It is quite well-known that sorcs are somewhat beginner-friendly, so you should expect such results, especially with pets in small scales and places.
    But once you've played for a couple years, or got to top-tier PvP, you'll start noticing that sorcs lack a few tools to reach the same maximum performance that other classes do. ESPECIALLY nightblades. A single Battleground session just isn't a good basis for in-depth balancing decisions.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, it's not a bad pvp set-up gearwise - especially for 1v1/small-scale encounters.. You may think that you just threw it together without thinking about it - but random stuff sometimes ends up being good.

Used to run shackle/Lick/Twilight myself in PVP for long enough (no other pets though).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    a bis elite tryhard meta sorc is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta nightblade is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta templar is unkillable while also dealing loads of damage. PVP class balance has always been a problem in this game
    a bis elite tryhard meta forumposter is unreasonable while also dealing loads of nonsensical posts with no evidence or thinking behind it whatsoever. People posting things they clearly know nothing about has always been a problem in this game

I'm glad we had this talk. There are many people on the forums who will gladly engage with you, listen to your points and then prevent their own. However, it's on you to actually read what they're saying - they read your stuff, it isn't too much to ask that you give them the same courtesy in return. To that end, I've merely responded to your post with edited versions of your own.
    Edited by Tonturri on July 18, 2018 4:13PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I miss good old complaints about shards...

By the way, as someone said, the problem is not cage, it is the combo of unblockable CC + execute at 28 mts range.

There's a reason why DKs have no execute
    There's a reason why magplars have almost no CC and it's execute takes couple of seconds to work
    There's a reason why NB CC and execute works on melee...

I know it's a mythological animal, but balance was a nice concept some years ago... saddly we wil never see it, because balance don't sell chapters, or patches or whatever they want to sell to us...

But that unblockable CC plus execute combo has been around since CWC and people are just now complaining about it 9 months later.
    But gear sets, damage, and the damage buff to Rune Cage itself have increased markedly since CWC

• Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

It is quite well-known that sorcs are somewhat beginner-friendly, so you should expect such results, especially with pets in small scales and places.
    But once you've played for a couple years, or got to top-tier PvP, you'll start noticing that sorcs lack a few tools to reach the same maximum performance that other classes do. ESPECIALLY nightblades. A single Battleground session just isn't a good basis for in-depth balancing decisions.
    What tools are those? Damage? Got that. Burst? Got that in spades. Defense? Got that. Mobility? Got that too. Execute? Check! What am I missing here lol? Do you play XboxNA?

• ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs still manage to die 1v10 sometimes so all this unbalance is nothing! #buffsorcs
    If u want to play anything that is not a sorc in pvp i got a solution for you. You go to steam and buy another game!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no joke - god's honest truth. I have a vMA pet magsorc that i have used ONLY for vMA pve. I took it into BG's wearing the following gear:

1. Shadowrend 2 pc
    2. Shacklebreaker
    3. necropotence (jewels and two lightning staffs)

I kept both my pets, the heal twilight matriarch (which is useless in pvp btw) and the volatile familiar and the pet curse (not haunting). I kept hardened ward. I put rune cage, endless fury, force pulse, and elemental drain on the bars to round out the skills.

I have no idea how to play magsorc in pvp. absolutely no clue. I went into bg's and it sounded like a fresh bowl of Rice Krispies in there. I've never heard so much snap, crackle, pop in my life. 20 kills later, i'm on the floor dialing 911 because i've fallen on the floor, i'm rolling, and I can't get up. The laughing is to much.

I can't even begin to imagine what a properly specced, properly played, magsorc could actually do. Because my completely butchered pve spec was murdering people. Did I mention I don't even have meteor? literally running the stone atronach. lol.

just felt like I had to open with Ele drain and then LA-curse-LA-wrath-LA-pulse and rinse / repeat. The hardest part was having to remember to continually re-cast my dead pets. other than that... just sit back and snap/crackle/pop my way to victory.

PS - i had so much fun that I do have a slight itch to play this thing properly. To that end, does anyone have the skill bars and gear advice on how to actually play this thing the correct way?

I see what you are trying to tell us " Oh look, i have no idea how to play mag sorc but i did 20 kills because it's faceroll easy to kill players with a mag sorc ". :P

The same thing happened to me with a MagNb, i main a Mag sorc since Beta, i can hardly get 40K dps on dummy with it ( stuck at 39K ) cause i need to HA attack constantly.
    1 week ago i tried a MagNB, 45K dps on dummy ( first test ! ) then 46K dps, no sustain problem, and I had no idea what i was doing ( my dots uptimes were garbage ) + it heal very well while doing dps ( as long as they use funnel health), you can skip dungeon mechanics with 3 dps in groupe ( 1/2 magNB + another class ). Look at the leaderboard, the most present class is the NB.

MagNB dps are god in PVE, but nobody talk about them, there is probably 1 thread every 100 pages on the forum about them, during this times people keep talking about sorc being OP and faceroll easy to play... I really don't understand all this hate.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »

By the way, as someone said, the problem is not cage, it is the combo of unblockable CC + execute at 28 mts range.

There's a reason why magplars have almost no CC and it's execute takes couple of seconds to work

I know it's a mythological animal, but balance was a nice concept some years ago... saddly we wil never see it, because balance don't sell chapters, or patches or whatever they want to sell to us...

But that unblockable CC plus execute combo has been around since CWC and people are just now complaining about it 9 months later.
    But gear sets, damage, and the damage buff to Rune Cage itself have increased markedly since CWC

Gear set and damage have increased for everyone.

The damage buff to Rune Cage is meaningless because, if you die before the stun ends or don't break free you do not take damage from Rune Cage. It only applies damage once the stun ends. Not at the initial hit and not before you break free or wait 5 seconds in the stun. So the damage is inconsequential.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gear set and damage have increased for everyone.

The damage buff to Rune Cage is meaningless because, if you die before the stun ends or don't break free you do not take damage from Rune Cage. It only applies damage once the stun ends. Not at the initial hit and not before you break free or wait 5 seconds in the stun. So the damage is inconsequential.

The damage apply if you break free OR wait 5 sec :/ ( Except if they changed that with Wolf-hunter ? )
    Edited by Apherius on July 18, 2018 5:48PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that think they know what OP means...
    2 words...

Blinding Flashes
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What tools are those? Damage? Got that. Burst? Got that in spades. Defense? Got that. Mobility? Got that too. Execute? Check! What am I missing here lol? Do you play XboxNA?

1. No pressure
    Sure, there's Curse, but that's every four seconds. Sorcs have no good DoT, stop attacking completely while shielding, and frontloading Fury is also a pressure loss with its tiny 3k tooltip. In a duel, pressure is everything

2. No scaling defenses
    Hate on shields all you want, but the truth is, it doesn't scale with number of opponents. Two people should have no problem to burn through shields. Many sorcs therefore sacrifice something to get a couple more dodgerolls, as they scale. But they do sacrifice something. This is why experienced players know IMMEDIATELY what kind of player you are when you and your group got taken out by a single sorc.

3. No debuffs or resource pressure
    There is no Major Breech attached to our spammable. And Force Pulse has only a low status effect chance. We have no snare, and are weak to it, completely nullifying our mobility argument. We have only one reasonable root, mines. And they are defensive, easily-counter, and therefore not worth slotting anymore. NBs and DKs ALWAYS also attack their opponent's stamina with their roots, which is deciding in mag fights. And speaking of, built-in Maim is RIDICULOUS. As a sorc, you need sets for that, which means less offense.

4. Lack of speed
    Sorcs are very stiff in Cyro. They have to predict in advance what fights they can take, as they cannot, I repeat, cannot get away from gapclosers. Yes, Nightblades can cloak. It doesn't work always, but more often than not. With sorc it's zero escape. And once you're engaged, you have to build up a correct sequence of four skills while defending, positioning, aiming and checking surroundings. There is no sudden "Turnaroundincapspectral" for sorcs. And don't get me started on Streak, the only skill in the whole game that punishes you for using it. Whereas avstacking cost proposal for Cloak met a resounding protest from the forumblades. Double standard, much?

5. Sustain
    Admittedly, this has gotten better with Lich, Amberplasm and Shacklebreaker. But sorc skills are still very expensive. Our sustain tool sucks stamina, which needs to be compensated for. And again, Streak. Sorcs are forced to use a sustain set, which is okay, but then SOME MORE. Be it food, glyphs, another sustain set - sorcs cannot live on one sustain set alone, and that shows in damage numbers.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Rune cage is stupid strong for a class that has crazy burst. How does it even make sense for the highest burst class to have an un-blockable/un-dodgable stun? Mag dk can only have one I think because they have miserable burst. The only counter to a mag sorc thes days is immovable pots, and once they expire 12 seconds later, run for your life. Unfortunately, sorcs have crazy shield stacking which makes it very hard to kill them in just 12 seconds. If you keep the pressure up on them long enough to drain their resources, or have enough friends around to bully them, they have the best mobility so they can probably escape.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    Rune cage is stupid strong for a class that has crazy burst. How does it even make sense for the highest burst class to have an un-blockable/un-dodgable stun? Mag dk can only have one I think because they have miserable burst. The only counter to a mag sorc thes days is immovable pots, and once they expire 12 seconds later, run for your life. Unfortunately, sorcs have crazy shield stacking which makes it very hard to kill them in just 12 seconds. If you keep the pressure up on them long enough to drain their resources, or have enough friends around to bully them, they have the best mobility so they can probably escape.

I was about to answer your post in all seriousness before you mentioned 'they have the best mobility so they can probably escape'. And then I noticed that the post right above yours explains why this is not the case.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Fossilize is literally a melee range rune cage

and that's why fossilize isn't op lol

comparing a 30m stun versus one that has the same range of a wrecking blow and going "look! they're exactly the same!" is just dumb

They're not exactly the same due to the range differences, but they're both undodgeable and unblockable and take forever to break. Neither belong in the game tbh. Hard CCs like those need to be blockable and dodgeable. It makes sense for sorcs to have a ranged stun since they're a ranged class and DKs to have a melee stun since they have a melee class, but the problem is with the mechanics of the stuns themselves.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the rune cage burst meta is horrible and offers 0 counterplay. stacking 30k damage with a undodgeable/unblockable cc is OP

fix runecage by making the sorcs not be able to shield if they have it slotted. why should you be able to one shot everyone if we cant do it back?

The one shot you speak of takes at least 8 button presses, 10, if you throw in the ultimate.

Really? 1. Haunting curse, 2. Meteor, 3. Rune cage, 4. Endless fury, 5. Crystal frag.

That's weird.... I can do it in 5.... must not be OP.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    For those typing L2P:
    How to avoid/counter undodgeable, unblockable, instant spamable hard CC stun (other than get brief CC immunity from some other stun in a first place that is) ? ? ?
    we-titl-teach-me-memes-com-16003635.png
    Seriously. If you know an easy counter that will not compromise your build completely - just type it and share the knowledge. ;)

It's about screwing up their timing.. once you're cursed, make it so they can't hit you with the rest of their timed abilities, then they start setting up that burst again from scratch(after reshielding). So you just bought another 6 seconds...

I can't advise for every class, but my stamblade has cloak, stamplar runs the sword n board reflect and purge, all can Los or cc(situational).
    As well as that, sadly you still need to run with enough health n mitigation to take a partial burst ( namely cage/meteor) and recover from it.

Cage is one of the last abilities sorcs will cast as part of his burst rotation.. get your cc in first.

What's a mag warden to do?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a mag warden to do?[/quote]

ahh i remember the days when we had an undogable skill, burst and a CC. i see these young sorcs and they don't know what they have :s

Sorry to derail the post, just thought a bit of context was needed.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Really? 1. Haunting curse, 2. Meteor, 3. Rune cage, 4. Endless fury, 5. Crystal frag.

You should try weaving sometime. Or just stay in the blob. It won't matter much there.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should try weaving sometime. Or just stay in the blob. It won't matter much there.

I only BG. I dont play the horse simulator, but hey if that's what you like by all means pony boy keep on riding. Dont need to weave with that combo. Try it. You'll see. It's super broken. But I'm probably talking to a mag sorc that thinks it works just fine how it is.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only BG. I dont play the horse simulator, but hey if that's what you like by all means pony boy keep on riding. Dont need to weave with that combo. Try it. You'll see. It's super broken. But I'm probably talking to a mag sorc that thinks it works just fine how it is.

Dude.... You're talking to THE thelon.

First to solo a trial
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude.... You're talking to THE thelon.

First to solo a trial

With a gamepad too. Always nice to see gamepad users get more exposure.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf is a gamepad?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    For those typing L2P:
    How to avoid/counter undodgeable, unblockable, instant spamable hard CC stun (other than get brief CC immunity from some other stun in a first place that is) ? ? ?
    we-titl-teach-me-memes-com-16003635.png
    Seriously. If you know an easy counter that will not compromise your build completely - just type it and share the knowledge. ;)

It's about screwing up their timing.. once you're cursed, make it so they can't hit you with the rest of their timed abilities, then they start setting up that burst again from scratch(after reshielding). So you just bought another 6 seconds...

I can't advise for every class, but my stamblade has cloak, stamplar runs the sword n board reflect and purge, all can Los or cc(situational).
    As well as that, sadly you still need to run with enough health n mitigation to take a partial burst ( namely cage/meteor) and recover from it.

Cage is one of the last abilities sorcs will cast as part of his burst rotation.. get your cc in first.

What's a mag warden to do?

Like I said, can't advise for every class.. can probably count on one hand the number of magwardens I've seen, but stam do a pretty good job at handling most of what a sorc' can throw with shimmering.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a sorc per se but I do have a max sorc alt. So easy to blow people up. People mock range but it's the key here. Fossilized is Mele range. This is huge in large battles. Being able to take away players ability to react in a game built on reaction is op when you pair it with delayed burst. If your not dying from the sorc that caged you your dying from something else. And trust me your gonna die from my shacklebreaker amberplasm 790 cp meteor/frag/curse/scoria/execute hitting at the same time. With no ability to react. Skill. Hah class carry I say.
This discussion has been closed.