Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see Daedric Artifacts in ESO?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
Considering there are daedric artifacts in the other Elder Scrolls games, it never made sense to me why they didn't add them into ESO. Having the artifacts would make it feel a little bit more like an Elder Scrolls game in my opinion. What do you all think?
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.

Would you like to see Daedric Artifacts in ESO? 82 votes

Yes, I want some form of Daedric Artifacts in ESO.
51% 42 votes
No, I do not want any Daedric Artifacts in ESO.
21% 18 votes
Other (Explain Please).
26% 22 votes
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clavicus Vile, Mephala, Meridia, Namira, Nocturnal, Peryite, Sanguine, and Vaermina operate outside the Coldharbour Compact.

So yes to them. No to the others.
    signing off
  • Skillasaurus88
    Skillasaurus88
    ✭✭✭
    A resounding heeeeeeeel no from me.

Maelstrom, Dragonstar, Perfect trial sets... unobtainable for the vast majority of players. Not to mention the storyline of content like that.

Daedric artifacts are lore-rich and awesome, but 95% of us would miss them entirely.
    I main a MagSorc DPS. Over 2500 hours played and counting! Feel free to ask me anything. -Rick
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, id rather not have more than one person with a artifact
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 16, 2018 6:22AM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is, artifacts are supposed to be one of a kind and they change hands often. With so many players in ESO, it wouldn't feel right seeing 20 people in one zone all wearing the Saviors Hide or something.

So the only way they could do it really is to have them one of a kind items, that are temporary. Like for certain events, a random player is awarded a random daedric artifact, but after a time it vanishes, allowing other players to get them maybe.

Not that many artifacts though compared to the millions of people playing.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are ingame already =) Just, different NPC's and Bosses are wielding them xD
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like the newest dude, the gold knight wielding the dawnbreaker in the summerset quest line ^_^
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as permanently usable atleast.

For quests or dungeons i´m good with those.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A resounding heeeeeeeel no from me.

Maelstrom, Dragonstar, Perfect trial sets... unobtainable for the vast majority of players. Not to mention the storyline of content like that.

Daedric artifacts are lore-rich and awesome, but 95% of us would miss them entirely.

Who said they'd have to be hard to get? Perhaps each Daedric Prince could have a mini questline that is tied to the items. Give something to the questing crowd for once you know? :wink:
    Problem is, artifacts are supposed to be one of a kind and they change hands often. With so many players in ESO, it wouldn't feel right seeing 20 people in one zone all wearing the Saviors Hide or something.

So the only way they could do it really is to have them one of a kind items, that are temporary. Like for certain events, a random player is awarded a random daedric artifact, but after a time it vanishes, allowing other players to get them maybe.

Not that many artifacts though compared to the millions of people playing.

I understand your point, but technically every player can use at least one artifact, Dawnbreaker. Do you hear people suggesting that Dawnbreaker become usable to only one person? Plus I don't think this game would ever have one of a kind items.

Perhaps the devs could implement lore to explain an abundance of artifacts. Maybe the Daedric Princes are making cheap "knock off" artifacts to give to us mortals

---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You invoke Meridia's name right before casting Dawnbreakers
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too dangerous
    Xbox One Na
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do see them
    you just do not get to hold them for very long
    Dawnbreaker & the Skeleton Key most recently

& given the nature of this game this is probably for the best

[Edited for content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 16, 2018 4:07PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have them be obtainable furnishings. We already have the Skeleton Key from CC, so maybe if you do a certain quest associated with a Prince you can purchase a replica of their artifact(s) from a special vendor. There's Sheo in the Mage's guild quests with Wabbajak, Molag Bal fights you with his mace at the end of the main quest, Dawnbreaker shows up in Summerset along with Mephala, Spellbreaker in the Scalecaller dungeon, Clavicus or Azura could be associated with Morrowind and Vaermina is in some Daggerfall quests. You'd just need achievement-based things for the rest of the princes and you're done.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if it was obtainable via the next version of vMA.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When exactly do you "wield" dawnbreaker? As far as I know it's a one handed sword if I remember correctly from Skyrim. The ability in game is not you using the sword dawnbreaker, it's an ability. Even then, if you summon the sword or something, it's temporary and returns to where it was before you summoned it, meaning multiple people could technically call upon it, just maybe not at the exact same second. Though it happens.

It's the same concept as the Blade of Woe. I'm pretty sure in one of the quests it says you summon it when you need it, materializing in your hand. Could be wrong on that, definitely not the exact wording at least, but I know it's something along those lines. That is why everyone is able to have the use the Blade of Woe. They don't really have possession of it.
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’d be cool if some artifacts were implemented in dungeon, trial, or quest mechanics. Like having to use Spellbreaker to block an attack or maybe someone having to use Scorge to banish Daedra quickly.

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prof-dracko Furnishings would be a neat idea. I'd love to have Dawnbreaker or the Wabbajack hanging on my wall!

@DeadlyPhoenix You are correct about Dawnbreaker and the Blade of Woe (although I'm pretty sure those that have the assassin personality play around with the Blade of Woe while idle). Perhaps then more Daedric Artifacts could have skills that "channel" them?

Having some of them being used as mechanics for various things is a neat idea as well!
    ---
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've already seen several. Dawnbreaker, Wabbajack, The Ebony Blade and Spellbreaker all come to mind off hand.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have one. It's called the Dawnbreaker.
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    They appear in quests already.
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea what Daedric artifacts are as I've never played any of the other games.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES.
    It would be fun to see them in Cyro as unique per server items which drop from players upon death
    Rawr
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES

Manke it a daily or weekly quest. for each artifact. and the first one or best one to complete it will gain the artifact for a time or until a new one compleats the quest first. Something like that.
    Make the items good but not much better then the vMA weapons are. Buy make the look good so you can show it off :)
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have them be obtainable furnishings. We already have the Skeleton Key from CC, so maybe if you do a certain quest associated with a Prince you can purchase a replica of their artifact(s) from a special vendor. There's Sheo in the Mage's guild quests with Wabbajak, Molag Bal fights you with his mace at the end of the main quest, Dawnbreaker shows up in Summerset along with Mephala, Spellbreaker in the Scalecaller dungeon, Clavicus or Azura could be associated with Morrowind and Vaermina is in some Daggerfall quests. You'd just need achievement-based things for the rest of the princes and you're done.

I would say YES, on the grounds that in other TES games you often get to keep these artifacts.

BUT they should be more of a momento, furniture or skin type rewards/items IMO. KInd of like the current dungeon busts and mounted trophies, and numerous momentos that mimic the effect/spells/weapons used in the completed quest. That way you can display your Daedric items for all to see. (To be implemented kind of like above quote, or via the collections tab upon quest completion.)
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razor Master Erthas (and later Gilraen) uses Mehrunes' Razor.
    Nerien'eth uses the Ebony Blade.
    Zaan the Scalecaller uses Spellbreaker.
    Dawnbreaker is used both by <spoilers> and to a lesser extent by any character with Fighters Guild 10 that chooses to slot it.
    Molag Bal uses his own mace.

It's not like the artifacts are absent from the game, it's just that there are too many Vestiges around. :p

(pretty sure there are more artifacts to be found in the game, just named the ones I can remember off the top of my head)
    Edited by Cloudless on July 16, 2018 9:29AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    They are ingame already =) Just, different NPC's and Bosses are wielding them xD

This. :)
    Prinseth wrote: »
    I think it’d be cool if some artifacts were implemented in dungeon, trial, or quest mechanics. Like having to use Spellbreaker to block an attack or maybe someone having to use Scorge to banish Daedra quickly.

@Prinseth Funny you should call out Spellbreaker specifically; they already have that in Scalecaller Peak. Crypt of Hearts has a boss with the Ebony Blade, The Mages' Guild questline has the player use the Wabbajack.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were added in a test version (there exists a screenshot of a player wielding trueflame). They weren't added however because ZOS felt that they would lose their appeal if everyone was running around with them.
    But if they were added at any point I wish they would be treated like artifacts in WoW.
    For anyone who doesn't know, WoW recently added special artifact weapons of which some were already established in the lore (like Ashbringer). These weapons were class-definingly powerful and came with an active skill. For the duration of the expansion, the artifact weapons were also a system of player progression as the artifacts could gain more power (alternative to just getting more CP?). With the next expansion however, these artfiact weapons will be used to save Azeroth and get destroyed in the process in a very dramatic and heartbreaking fashion (in ESO daedric artifacts could be lost similarly).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mace of Molag Bal in the hands of a noob! Are you crazy!? Kidding. I like the idea of having them as funiture or trophies, I would love to see a return of the Daedric quests from earlier games, some of them were brilliant, and we could get 'replicas' as a reward. As usuable items, I'm not so sure, but weapon skins/outfit styles would be great, preferably earned by questing or an event not in the CS...

Iirc the Daedric princes all have a special a 'summoning day', I'd love to see mini events on those days where we have to do the summoning ritual and get the artifact as a reward. Like Sheo's was to collect a cabbage, some yarn and a soul gem or something. Just a thought.
    PC EU & NA
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering there are daedric artifacts in the other Elder Scrolls games, it never made sense to me why they didn't add them into ESO...
    Ah, but they did.
    As has been mentioned...
    You get to even hold the wabbajack during the mages guild questline, the skeleton key is at the core of the clockwork city troubles, and the dawnbreaker features prominently in Summerset, aside from every fighters guild master being able to summon its seeming for a blow as ultimate... spellbreaker in scalecallers peak, the ebony blade, et cetera...

And THAT is exactly the way those artifacts ought to be used - as plot devices.

Definitely -not- as they were used in the solo games, as "special equipment". That would be far too disruptive, I mean, imagine how things would be if they allowed something like the dawnbreaker as equipment... an unltimate with every normal blow? Even if they did the "for a very limited time only" thing, it would make such a mess of things...
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they are always there, in the game. For example, you can see Ebony Blade in the Crypt of Hearts, Spellbreaker in the Scalecaller Peak, you also can even temporary possess Dawnbreaker using skill from the Fighters Guild skill line, and Fork of Horripilation and Wabbajack during the Mages Guild quest line. I find such distribution of daedric artifacts much more logical comparing to the situation, when player is able to lay his greedy hands on every known artifact currently exist in Nirn.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How can we both own the same daedric artefact?

Its a no from me