Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Motifs in the Crown Store Ruining The Market

SupremeRissole
SupremeRissole
✭✭✭✭
I have no issue with motifs being purchasable for crowns. I hsve no issue with crowns being sold for in game gold. What I do hsve an isdue with is fresh motifs being gifted.
As someone who's main income is farming DLC dungeon motifs, it's pretty upsetting seeing the new Fang Lair and Scalecaller motifs available in the store the same day they become available to farmers. When the bloodroot motifs became farmable, they sold in trader for 80k-200k. But with the addition of crown gifting with the average crown-gold conversion of 100g/crown, people are paying only 600k for the whole Fang/Scale book, where realisticly if they weren't in the store the trader price would be close to 1mil. Judging by the upcoming Weklynar farm, those motifs would sell for quite a price, except it's been datamined they will be in the crown store so hopefully it will be a while till that happens.
My proposal to ZOS is simple, give us a whole update (or longer) to farm and sell these motifs before you add them into the crown store. Just like you did with Mazzatun, Silken Ring, Bloodforge, Dreadhorn, Dro-Mathra etc.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice from a player perspective if they did that, but it's highly likely that ZOS is setting the rarity of the new motif as well as the price of the book in the crown store at very specific numbers in order to do exactly what you suggest, make it cheaper to have it gifted from the store, than buy it in game. I'm not saying I like it, but I do see why they would do it that way.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since a similar thread already exists, we will be closing this discussion down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.