The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reliable Method to a Magblade 600K score in vMA.

clv
clv
✭✭✭
Note that this post is intended for the few that want to push vMA for score, already having Flawless. Summerset patch has upped the achievability of scores like this by a considerable margin, simple application of an aggressive mindset, kill order and spawncamp strategy can put up a sub-30 minute run.

Gear:

Grothdarr: Grothdarr.

BSW - Won't notice the downtime, definitely will notice the uptime.

2x Infused Asylum Inferno, Daedric + Flame enchants. - Even non-Perfect this is probably the fastest for killing. It shreds. Swap to Daedric enchants for rounds 1, 6, 8, 9.

Infused vMA Inferno - You know.

3 Moondancer/Infal/Willpower - Mostly preferential. Noticing a significant difference between the three is likely placebo.

CP: 56 Elfborn | 56 Elemental Expert | 31 Spell Erosion | 23 Staff Expert | 56 Master-at-Arms | 28 Thaumaturge.

Mundus Stone: Lover.

Blue Food.

Bars:

Force Pulse | Swallow Soul/Crippling Grasp | Impale | Merciless Resolve | Inner Light | Soul Harvest

Refreshing Path | Blockade of Fire | Siphoning Strikes | Rearming Trap/Channeled Acceleration | Ele Drain/Harness/Crippling Grasp | Elemental Rage

On the frontbar SS is flexed for Grasp in daedric rounds where Ele Drain must be used for more penetration. Grasp is otherwise backbarred, or a shield can be ran instead.

The following strategies are applicable on every single round.

Have at least some memorization of spawns, ideally the ranged ones. Apply Wall and Path to the highest HP targets of the round. prebuff and DoT up an [ideally] ranged spawn as soon as a round finishes, Trap it so the ranged add doesn't walk out of DoTs [Or stay out of range], Pulse the other adds that are up.

As soon as the wave finishes, or during, make sure to already be moving to the next spawn. Simple movement optimization can take a second or two off every wave, and that will add up fast.

Always save the bow proc to either oneshot a low HP target, or to chunk one with high HP.

Every shield cast is effectively 40 points lost, so get a feel for when you truly need to shield vs. panic shielding, as Path + Siphoning Strikes are very potent HoTs, the addition of SS will most definitely be enough to outheal any combinations of adds hitting you bar lethal mechanics such as poison plant, behemoth scream, Runa shatter, etc- all of the "need to shield" mechanics can be avoided with careful positioning.

Make sure to get the most out of Grothdarr, and stand close inside your Path+Wall.

The 2nd/3rd pulse proc shouldn't be wasted on an already-low health enemy, the damage can sometimes oneshot if the crits align.

Crippling Grasp should be rarely cast, done when four or five pulses won't end the wave, try to cast it on ~180K+ health targets.

If you're running out of Magicka, swap to purple food (not recommended), or make use of the magicka restore combo of Impale + Pulse, as you will get the mag restore from both Destro passive and the NB passive.

Recasting Wall and Path should be avoided per wave barring high effective HP waves as, generally speaking, every non-spammable cast is time lost. Therefore, make sure the first cast of these two gets the maximum value in the moment, such as kiting the three Argonian archers of round 7 into the Path+Wall to get significant damage on all three, or DoTting up a ranged add and kiting the melees into it.

Make sure to drop a Destro ult on the highest effective HP waves where possible, optimal usage can very easily save hundreds of points per ult, such as the round 5 archer + mage + atronach + lemeneid spawn.

Boss burns are the easiest ways to save time, always look at these fights first and make sure they're optimized as certain burns can easily save upwards of 10 seconds, or 400 score, eg. Round 2 Centurion burn can potentially be cleared in ~29 seconds, Round 5 Runa in ~27. While also very effective timesaves, burn strats are also usually very risky, so make sure you understand the flow of the fight and are comfortable with the mechanics to ignore and burn.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuck at the 585-590k wall. Hoping I can get this perfected destro sooner rather than later =(
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FirstvMAProblems

;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every shield cast is effectively 40 points lost
    How?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    How?

because you're not killing things
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    How?

Cancelling shield with light attack + bar swap is not a big dps loss, also you can cast shield before mob spawns will show up
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    How?

Cancelling shield with light attack + bar swap is not a big dps loss, also you can cast shield before mob spawns will show up

true but damage over anything for 600k scores, so in short in these runs damage > self heals > shields
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    How?

A shield casted is an offensive skill not casted, which is a GCD, hence the loss of one second, or 40 points. Whether the animation is cancelled or not has no impact to the time it takes to cast it and move on to the next cast. I no longer run a shield in vMA anymore as I feel that if I kill faster, I will not need to shield.

Apologies for the late reply, been pretty busy IRL.

Also have swapped the berserker enchant for a shock enchant on the backbar due to the Wolfhunter changes, and changed my CP to:

51 elf

31 spell erosion

56 ele expert

25 staff expert

66 maa

31 thaum.
    Edited by clv on August 20, 2018 11:21AM
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks for nice tips. I am so bored I wanna do some vMA runs and I am wondering are u using some special addons?

Cheers,

Mitch
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks for nice tips. I am so bored I wanna do some vMA runs and I am wondering are u using some special addons?

Cheers,

Mitch

Hey, I don't use anything special in particular for vMA, just the stuff i'd use for raid. Though I turn off combat metrics and raidtimer now, as I feel it just clutters my screen
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    @clv , Great post. What is the rest of your cp in the red and blue trees?

You have enough sustain with blue food and no recovery glyphs?
    Edited by pteam on August 20, 2018 9:40PM
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    Great post. What is the rest of your cp in the red and blue trees?

You have enough sustain with blue food and no recovery glyphs?

I'll edit this post when I get home for the CP-

Red-
    56 Hardy
    26 Thick Skinned
    75 Ele defender
    81 Ironclad
    22 Spell shield

Green-
    56 Warlord
    25 Sprinter
    13 Tenacity
    74 Arcanist
    49 Mooncalf
    20 Shadow Ward
    23 Tumbling

The sustain comes from being able to quickly kill for the destro and/or assassination passives. If you're in need of a lot of magicka really quickly you can impale a target and pulse it for double magicka returns.
    Edited by clv on August 21, 2018 3:12AM
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    nice write-up :)
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    @clv , thanks you’re awesome!

I have 2 perfected infernos, but is the extra status effect from every 2nd force pulse really better than a 4th and 5th pc bonus? The status effects don’t really do a lot of damage and the effects are nice but short lived especially on ads that die quick.

Does the deadric enchant work on all enemies on rounds 1, 6, 8, and 9?
    Edited by pteam on August 20, 2018 10:22PM
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    @clv , thanks you’re awesome!

I have 2 perfected infernos, but is the extra status effect from every 2nd force pulse really better than a 4th and 5th pc bonus? The status effects don’t really do a lot of damage and the effects are nice but short lived especially on ads that die quick.

Does the deadric enchant work on all enemies on rounds 1, 6, 8, and 9?

The second pulse applies all three damage procs and their effects, vulnerability, burning and maim. You may not feel the speed on singular adds but multiple instances of a second saved per mob add up quickly. I found that even the non-perfected staves performed far better than running a frontbarred 5-piece.

The daedric enchant works on everything except:

Round 6 scorpions, wasps and spiders
    Round 8 boss stones
    Round 9 crystals .