The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A semi ranting list of things that zos could do for eso to show they actually care

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
1: let us colour our abiltites
more customization > less customization

2: updating the older gear sets to be worth a damn
two that come to mind off the top of my head are phoenix [imp city] and hunt leader [maelstrom]

3: Filling in the "weapon gaps"
YMyiKLs.png

4: Updating the nord racial passives to give them a use
only thing they have going for them is the health recovery...which is completely mitigated by the existence of healers

5: Flawless dawnbreak is overtuned
good damage, low cost and +8% weapon damage [5% from skill 3% from fg passive], you kidding me?

6: Magicka detonation and it's morphs are hot garbage
long cast time + long activation time + low damage even when group ramp is at max = useless power

7: Soul magic needs to be bought up to date
Soul assault could summon an orb to fire the beam [like ballista]
Shatter soul could be made into a multi target version of the beam [at the cost of damage splitting per target]
Soul trap has no use [between soulgems dropping like candy and being handed out by npcs... i typically have to vendor entire stacks of 200 every few days for bag space]
Soul shatter's damage is too low
Soul summons is pointless
Soul lock is..meh

8: Undaunted needs an ulitmate
Summon heros, calls fourth three ghosts, one protects, one heals and one attacks for a few seconds..or something, idk

9: Undaunted chest RNG is getting more and more tedious with each dungeon dlc added
add a vendor which takes your trash chest drops for currency that lets you buy the piece you want.

10: Transmute crystal cap needs increasing..or they need an alternate use.
once you got the gear set with perfect traits..what reason is there to have the crystals?

11: Transmute geodes need to stack in your bag
see above point

12: ESO+ furnishing bag
like the craft bag, but holds furnishings

13: Class change token
we already have name and race change, so why not? plus, not everybody likes throwing away hundreds of hours of work just to "re-roll"

14: Increased furnishing limit on larger houses
Really, the boat house is so big you can't hope to furnish it with such a low limit

15: Give stamina users a defensive method
if you just say "dodge rolling" I'm going to point out that everybody can dodge roll...so mayhaps, buff dodge?

16: take the sneak bonus from medium armor and put it in legerdemain
It just makes scene, sneaky stealy skill tree having a sneak booster

17: Add some kind of "true skill" account wide ranking to PvP
to give the matchmaking something to work with in terms of hopefully balancing the mess that is PvP

18: Make the higher trait crafted sets actually worth while
They are a joke atm...most of them out-done by 4-6 trait sets

19: Provide content for players in the power limbo
between too strong for overland and dungeon, but not meta enough for trials...so, basically more stuff like craglorn

20: Finish the vampire skill tree
I mean really, they have 3 skills...none of which even benefit stamina users

21: Elder scroll re-collection timer
Basically if nobody gets within..say.. 10 meters of an elder scroll in the field for..say.. 30 mins, it auto jumps back to the last keep it was in [mostly to stop people dumping the scroll in the middle of a lake to trap it]

so..there's my little list, what's yours?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Not really sure what you mean by this one
    2. Im for this one, Phoenix tho is a set I like. Its one of the sets from old dlc that is still worth running
    3. I can support this
    4. Woodelfs could use a boost too
    5. Not really user about this one.
    6. Ya the non proxy det vers kinda suck, would be nice if they made he other vers into a type of haunting curse clone for other classes
    7. Always thought Soultrap should be a dot like cripple, I like soul summon, im cheap
    8. A new ulti would be cool
    9. Ya they need to switch this up and make the shoulders alittle easier to get, even with transmutation I still cant even get a light skoria to drop
    10. The cap needs to be removed, the only reason it exists is for the eso + perk. As for the reason to have them, there are new sets that come out all the time. I like to save mine
    11. Again, would just be better if they removed cap
    12. eh, i dont really see the point, i have a house for storing furniture
    13. The reason they dont do this is its pay to win, if you have the money you can switch to whatever the meta is that patch with no effort
    14. Would be nice
    15. They have fine defenses, their resistances are higher and yes they have rolldodge, which yes everyone can do but stam has shuffle which increases the chance of being outright not hit and they are able to rolldodge and cc break easier
    16. Would be nice to at least have a lower detection rate from npcs as a mag toon, I think doing this would effect some of the perks to being stam as mentioned ealier
    17. No opinion really
    18. Long as it doesnt have the words oblivion dmg I dont care
    19. This would be nice, honestly tho if they would just replace maelstrom weapons with something easier to get it would help out dps to allow more ppl in trials
    20. stam has ww and yes there needs to be more sills in vamp
    21. good idea
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recoloring abilities would have to be PVE-only. The learning curve is steep enough in PVP without adding confusing colors. Experienced players would adapt to look at the animations instead, but newer players would struggle to identify and counter skills.

The Elder Scrolls do have a recollection timer, you just want a faster one. The timer is designed for moving scrolls across the map to a far away location while possibly in combat and it works well for that purpose. The game mechanic doesn't need to be changed just because some people decide to troll with scrolls.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My List
    1. Post pone all new content and commit to fixing game problems in the order of priority i list
    2. Commit to fully fixing Game performance and stability. Including crashes, freezes and lag
    3. Fix operational bugs (Any system in the game not related directly to game stability). Includes delayed snipe glitch and postern wall glitch and voice chat bug, gold disappearing when deposited glitch.
    4. Address visual and audio problems, Including disappearing or flashing textures, That terrible high pitched tap rewinding sound in summerset background music, which I am convinced is a subliminal message saying "buy crowns" and the giant glowing yellow holes in evergloom
    5. Address issues with currently in place game systems, Including glitches to the outfit system, the terribly design of jewelry upgrade and drop method for welkynar motifs. (Anything already in game that is poorly designed and needs a rework or is not operating correctly that doesnt impact gameplay or operation)
    6. Work on an major update addressing class and set balance by following class rep suggestions and discussing those suggestions with the class reps prior to development, then extensively testing those changes in a long pts cycle before setting a date to add this update to live.
    7. Work on a major QoL Update adding UI improvements like skyshard/ Lorebook markers, alchemy and food amount selectors, raid icons, reply to sender option in mail.
    8. Hire more in house testers, lower the amount of dlc's released per year and lengthen the time between them. Discuss all further combat changes and new sets or older set tweaks with the class reps. Give more time for longer in house before deciding on a date to add the update to live and pts cycles before going live with a longer time in between that pts cycle and adding the update to live for fixes.
    9. Resume making new content strictly following the guide lines laid out above.

Bonus points if they

Update servers
    Fine tune the "code" to make the older content and newer content synergies better
    Get a better game engine
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if - to START- they simply had a modus operandi- a mission statement -a goal list- that they wrote of what they want the game to be. after all - how can they idenity what theyre doing if they dont know what they want? and they wont listen to what we want...

such as - all classes should be viable in combat pvp and competitive equally in a 1 vs 1 situation.
    - skill should supercede gear and proc sets.
    - mastery of a class should have a low floor- but also a high ceiling for absoulte mastery of a classes potential.
    - classes should have specific idnetifiying characterisitics- e.g. a DK mitigates thru tankiness, a templar thru healing, a nb thru cloak - a sorc thru movement. though other classes have the ability to be tanky, to heal well- they should not supercede - even witht he best gear- a defining nature of another class. (EG- currently- with swift jewellery-the right BS gear, and skills a bloody DK, can be faster than a sorc- or at least AS fast. )
    - indiviudal play should be viable in pvp against groups.

of course- these points are just MY opninion- and JUST a starting point- just some notions and undeveloped- but you see where im going with this- ZOS needs to KNOW WHAT THEYRE AIMING FOR here.

Shite- for now id be happy with these TWO points being acknowledged and stapled to the departments heads. .

1. ALL SKILLS AND ATTACKS, STUNS AND ABILITIES , SETS- MUST HAVE A COUNTER PLAY- AND THAT COUNTER SHOULD HAVE A COUNTER IN TURN.

2. POWERFUL ABILITIES AND SKILLS, SETS, MUST HAVE A COMPONENT OF RISK VS REWARD . - HIGH DAMAGE SKILLS SHOULD HAVE HIGH COST .
    (see molag kena set for an example of the only time ZOS got it right on this point) . If I choose to soul assault a player- an ulti that with jesus beam, can in two presses melt a player- then IF i am interrupted - bashed- and made off balance- the damage returned is increased, etc, etc- this folds into the first point- but deserves a mention - because again, ZOS dont know what theyre doing with balance.

if you have these two points as a starting point- then at least if you mess up- you re messing up within the confines of basic - good - gameplay combat design. as we have it now- there is no logic nor creativity behind the wheel. just set after set, skill buff and nerf, one after another - that make no sense nor take any imagination. every 5 set bonus for hte past two years has been - ADD x amount of damage every X seconds. what happeend to sets that knockback players in a radius for example, or perhapsa set- when casting an AOE on a zerg- identiifies the lowest overall HP target for teammates to focus, or a set that allows for multiple synergies and co0ordination- creating perhaps a wall of fire to escape chasing zergs ( just an idea- if a player casts an assault ability- and 3 other players synergise- a wall of fire rises up behind the player- allowing for escape or tactical retreat- or blocking out players, etc, etc)

yes im tired of writnig these posts as you people are of reading- but the complaining is all i have right now- as the game we used to love- at the point of end game- is unqeuivioclally- imperically f$#cked up.
    Edited by MakoFore on July 15, 2018 1:39PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15. Yes mag can dodge roll, but nobody is preventing you from using a shield on a stam char, so technically everyone can bubble too. Yes, it's not very effective, but neither is dodge rolling on mag.
  • Tesfa
    Tesfa
    I feel ZOS needs to mainly
    1 - Fix the game you already have. It’s Amazing best mmo combat I ever experienced. Beautiful well craftedworld. But the game is unbalanced ( PvP Point of view) performance is horrible, I experience the same bugs for 2 years.

CC breaks does not work all the time. Classes are overpowered, classes are underpowered.

• Ty89
    Ty89
    Soul Shriven
    ezio45 wrote: »
    My List
    1. Post pone all new content and commit to fixing game problems in the order of priority i list
    2. Commit to fully fixing Game performance and stability. Including crashes, freezes and lag
    3. Fix operational bugs (Any system in the game not related directly to game stability). Includes delayed snipe glitch and postern wall glitch and voice chat bug, gold disappearing when deposited glitch.
    4. Address visual and audio problems, Including disappearing or flashing textures, That terrible high pitched tap rewinding sound in summerset background music, which I am convinced is a subliminal message saying "buy crowns" and the giant glowing yellow holes in evergloom
    5. Address issues with currently in place game systems, Including glitches to the outfit system, the terribly design of jewelry upgrade and drop method for welkynar motifs. (Anything already in game that is poorly designed and needs a rework or is not operating correctly that doesnt impact gameplay or operation)
    6. Work on an major update addressing class and set balance by following class rep suggestions and discussing those suggestions with the class reps prior to development, then extensively testing those changes in a long pts cycle before setting a date to add this update to live.
    7. Work on a major QoL Update adding UI improvements like skyshard/ Lorebook markers, alchemy and food amount selectors, raid icons, reply to sender option in mail.
    8. Hire more in house testers, lower the amount of dlc's released per year and lengthen the time between them. Discuss all further combat changes and new sets or older set tweaks with the class reps. Give more time for longer in house before deciding on a date to add the update to live and pts cycles before going live with a longer time in between that pts cycle and adding the update to live for fixes.
    9. Resume making new content strictly following the guide lines laid out above.

Bonus points if they

Update servers
    Fine tune the "code" to make the older content and newer content synergies better
    Get a better game engine

I want that ^^^
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    the bow is not an equivalent ranged weapon to staves.
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show dont tell