The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Suggestion] Luxury Caravan (new Luxury vendor each year to have new themes)

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I love our Luxury vendor BUT with repeating the old items/themes it really limits what can be added. For instance in this cycle we have only TWO new themes (Necromancer and Hircine - upcoming still).

I think having a Luxury Caravan with a new vendor added each year would really up the excitement and allow many more new themes so all the Chapters and DLCs can have at least one theme each.

Going forward new items wouldn't necessarily need to be added to Zanil for each theme, only if there are things missing that can be added (like Wedding theme seems to be almost complete - there is a green variant of the wedding flowers I would love to have but nothing else really jumps out at me for that particular theme)

Also, if contrasting themes are added the items would appeal to a larger amount of the player base!

Eventually I would like to have screenshots added which suggest items for each theme, but it really is a lot of work and I wanted to make sure I got this post out in time for ZoS to consider the idea to add another Luxury vendor in the new year.

I call this a Luxury Caravan because I believe that would be the best way to present it. Each vendor with a cart of goods and each year gets a new vendor + cart!

This Theme Scheme is for 2019.

Theme # - Dates - Zanil's Theme - New Vendor's Theme

1 - Jan 11/Jan 18 - Riekling - Murkmire (4th quarter 2018 DLC)

2 - Jan 25/Feb 1 - Ayleid - Wood Orc
BpgvoxN.jpg

3 - Feb 8/Feb 15 - Wedding - Orchard + Apiaries
5IgfDon.png

4 - Feb 22/Mar 1 - Hew's Bane - Practice Targets + Generic Weapon Racks

5 - Mar 8/Mar 15 - Fishing - Planting + Gardening

6 - Mar 22/Mar 29 - Flora - 2019 1st quarter DLC theme

7 - Apr 5/Apr 12 - Divines - Alchemy Glowy Bottles + Mushroom Boxes/Barrels

8 - Apr 19/Apr 26 - Torture - Anniversary Cake + Cooking

9 - May 3/May 10 - Necromancer - Instruments

10 - May 17/May 24 - Statues - Maps

11 - May 31/June 7 - Dark Brotherhood - Summerset Flora

12 - June 14/June 21 - Dwarven - 2019 Chapter Theme 1

13 - June 28/July 5 - Daedric - Summerset Furniture

14 - July 12/July 19 - Exotic Flora - Skeletal Remains

15 - July 26/Aug 2 - Velothi - Shadows of the Hist theme (including Geodes)

16 - Aug 9/Aug 16 - Blue Magic - 2019 Chapter Theme 2

17 - Aug 23/Aug 30 - Craglorn - Imperial City
DtWZEge.png

18 - Sept 13/Sept 20 - Reach - Psijic

19 - Sept 27/Oct 4 - Hircine - 2019 3rd Quarter DLC Theme

20 - Oct 11/Oct 18 - Orsinium - Spiral Skein

21 - Oct 25/Nov 1 - Witch's - Base Game Crafting

22 - Nov 8/Nov 15 - Game - House of Orsimer Glories

23 - Nov 22/Nov 29 - Clockwork - Farm Structures (Fences, Coops etc)

24 - Dec 6/Dec 13 - Signs - Unique World Features (Coldharbour Icicles for instance)

25 - Dec 20/Dec 27 - Clockwork Crafting - Library

26 - Jan 3/Jan 10 2020 - Ancient Orc - Holiday Tree/Gifts and/or Coloured Lights

Additions to Current Themes

Other Possible Luxury Themes
Edited by Mix on July 17, 2018 12:07AM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread, really well thought out
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The riekling furniture week is something that is just not going to be looked forward to. Some of the weeks should be discontinued and made into regular furnishings as many of them look like stuff you can craft.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 14, 2018 6:55AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont care how they do it, but we definitely need more items available to purchase.
    More NPCs selling new items sounds like a great idea.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brilliant!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added Orchard and Apiary Suggestions
  • Apollosipod
    This would be great. I do think having some regular furnishing merchants would be grest. Make them like region merchants in Cyrodiil or something. It makes no sense to me to have a basic furnishing merchants that sell, not furnishings, but chopping blocks and carved stone.

Actually, keep those merchants but give them more structural options to purchase! I'd love to build my own buildings with more options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brilliant idea! And I really like some of your theme suggestions. I'm hopeful that we'll get some summerset themed items in the future, as well as some for the DLCs that have not yet been represented (plus, we've had far too much for Orsinium).

While I do appreciate them recycling the themes for those that missed them the first time around (and I was really excited for the early ones that I missed when I didn't have enough gold), it's been somewhat less exciting to go to the luxury vendor for the one or two new items he'll have.