Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Dragonknight PVE Build

Exradico
Exradico
I am running 2 Grothdarr (heavy head, and light shoulders), 5 war maiden (all light), and 5 martial knowledge jewelry and dual wield swords (front bar) and 1 random flame staff (back bar).

Front bar:
Flame Lash
Burning Embers
Engulfing Flames
Harness Magicka
Inner Light
Ferocious Leap (ULT)

Back Bar:
Blockade of Fire
Flames of Oblivion
Elemental Drain
Molten Armaments
Inner Light
Shifting standard (ULT)

How can I improve my set up and what should I change if I had to and what would be better?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop war maiden. 5 piece bonus useless for a mdk. Then drop martial knowledge.
    Use Burning spellweave and or Silks of the sun and or Julianos and or Mantle of siroria.
    Or go to alchasthq.com as im no expert
    Edited by Banana on July 13, 2018 11:25AM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Search for "MagDK Reborn PvE Summerset". I would send link but I am on mobile and I suck at using it. It should be in Tamriel Foundry.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did not specify but i am assuming this is for a pve dps build.

1) Drop dw and use duel inferno staves.

2) Put a destruction staff ability on your front bar. You can replace harness magicka or your ultimate to achieve this. This will give you an extra 8% single target damage due to destruction passives.

3) remorph shifting standard to standard of might.

4) get eruption on your backbar as an additional longer duration dot.

5) change your sets. grothdar is fine but i prefer skoria for ranged and aoe and zarn for melee single target. Bsw x5 frontbar with inferno if you can manage to get it to drop and sun x5 is a good all round combination for a large variety of content. Excellent damage, no requirement to sit in circles (siroria) so really good for mobile fights. Same with elf bane due to it extending your dot duration as you move around making it good for maintaining damage and sustaining due to less recasting.

Basically i do the following:
    Set combo 1 Valkyn, bsw x5 and sun x5
    Set combo 2 zaan, bsw x5 and siroria x5
    (You can try elfbane to replace siroria or sun)

Bar1 (option1): engulfing flames, flame lash, burning embers, destro skill flex spot, inner light, meteor

Bar1 (option2): engulfing flames, flame lash, burning embers, balance, inner light, fiery rage

Bar2: eruption, blockade, rearming trap, flames of oblivion, harness magicka/inner light, standard of might

Basically rotation is starting with keeping all your dots down, then to keep all your dots down and whip as a gap filler. And finally keep all your dots down. If in any doubt just keep all your dots down.
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Liofa wrote: »
    Search for "MagDK Reborn PvE Summerset". I would send link but I am on mobile and I suck at using it. It should be in Tamriel Foundry.

I searched for it but I didnt find it.
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Haquor wrote: »
    You did not specify but i am assuming this is for a pve dps build.

1) Drop dw and use duel inferno staves.

2) Put a destruction staff ability on your front bar. You can replace harness magicka or your ultimate to achieve this. This will give you an extra 8% single target damage due to destruction passives.

3) remorph shifting standard to standard of might.

4) get eruption on your backbar as an additional longer duration dot.

5) change your sets. grothdar is fine but i prefer skoria for ranged and aoe and zarn for melee single target. Bsw x5 frontbar with inferno if you can manage to get it to drop and sun x5 is a good all round combination for a large variety of content. Excellent damage, no requirement to sit in circles (siroria) so really good for mobile fights. Same with elf bane due to it extending your dot duration as you move around making it good for maintaining damage and sustaining due to less recasting.

Basically i do the following:
    Set combo 1 Valkyn, bsw x5 and sun x5
    Set combo 2 zaan, bsw x5 and siroria x5
    (You can try elfbane to replace siroria or sun)

Bar1 (option1): engulfing flames, flame lash, burning embers, destro skill flex spot, inner light, meteor

Bar1 (option2): engulfing flames, flame lash, burning embers, balance, inner light, fiery rage

Bar2: eruption, blockade, rearming trap, flames of oblivion, harness magicka/inner light, standard of might

Basically rotation is starting with keeping all your dots down, then to keep all your dots down and whip as a gap filler. And finally keep all your dots down. If in any doubt just keep all your dots down.

Yes this is for a PVE build
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my setup, and i get 30K+ with a crummy rotation (I'm usually a tank anyways) with no outside help and i'm on console.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=73897

• Exradico
    Exradico
    What would be better reaming trap or elemental drain?
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be better reaming trap or elemental drain?

Rearming Trap, as Ele Drain is (usually) provided by healers.