Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonknight Ideas.

Walks_With_Kagouti
Corrosive Whip
-Lash at an enemy with poison dealing (x) poison damage.
-If an enemy is (x)m range away the whip drags the enemy back to you also granting you empowering for 4 seconds.

Unrelenting Chains
-Launch a fiery chain to grasp and lock an enemy in a (x)m range from where the ability was used for (x) amount of time.
-Enemies within a (x)m range are chained together with the initial enemy for (x) time.

Flames of Oblivion
-Activate an aura of flames launching a fireball every 2.5 secs for 15 seconds dealing (x) flame damage.

World in Ruin
-Increases the damage of flame and poison area of effect abilities by 6%/9% And Increases the damage of flame and poison abilities by 3%/6%

Spiked Armor
-While active, the armor returns (x) magic damage or (x) physical damage to melee attackers. Which ever is higher.

Scaled Armor
-Rank II
Increases Spell Resistance by 3300
Increases Physical Resistance by 1320.

"Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
-Lord Molag Bal

The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the idea on the whip and chains, although it sounds kinda OP on paper. Maybe make the chain chain people together as a synergy?

As for the FoO idea, maybe ZoS should make it an AOE again. They had no problem giving that to Sorcerers.

Also I would love if spike armor did magic or physical damage depending on which is higher, that would make it more useful to my 3 sDKs.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on July 14, 2018 10:13AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Walks_With_Kagouti
    I agree that on paper it sounds op however with how Zos wants Dragon knights to be a "stand and fight" type of character this does keep enemies around you and locked in. The damage for the abilities probably wont be alot and the cost of stamina or magicka would most likely be expensive.

The synergy idea does make it sound more reasonable especially for group play.

For the FoO it was more to add pressure with faster ticks. However the AoE version was nice.
    Edited by Walks_With_Kagouti on July 13, 2018 5:53PM

"Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
    -Lord Molag Bal

The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to remind that most of the stamina DK issues can be solved via tinkering with passives an adding some meaningful benefits into molten armaments/igneous weapons.

Also, the ''stand your ground'' playstyle is literally dead and trying to revive it requires stamDk to be Overpowered again, so instead they should embrace the ''mobile fighter'' theme for stamDK, the end goal for the class should be a balanced class that is mobile, can do decent damage, and can take some punishment aswell.

I would say with the wings changes, mobility should be fine, now if we had some decent passives for poison damage synergies, it would be a good start to reworking stamDk.

Edited for some typo errors.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 13, 2018 8:02PM
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    If DK had a stam whip morph, the old AOE Flames of Oblivion, and actually useful Elder Dragon passives, I would never play a different class again. Throw in a magicka execute (which will almost certainly never happen, I know) and you've got the best class in the game.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chain idea is kinda cool tbh. I don't like DK having a proper gapcloser, feels wrong IMO

DK QoL buffs:

Make volatile armour poison damage, mag cost, and scale of highest stats. An extra poison dot, works with combustion and WOR. (maybe) Thematically really cool too.

Make wings 4s snare immunity, 2s isn't enough and make it have fall damage immunity. Again, unique, thematic, mobility/escape without speed and expedition. Allows DK to be steady and deal with heights like shade can get you back up heights and streak can with gaps.

Make burning talons a stam/poison morph. Keep choking the same (since its maim is used by tanks, mag is needed for utility) Maybe make it initial fire damage so that tanks can use it for combustion procs.

Deep breath should be stam, have a physical initial with a heal and at the end and empower any direct attack within 2s by 5% per person. So it'd take 4 people to equal old empower, which is quite balanced, it makes sense as a sort of traditional beserker rage buff used before a leap and execute. Possible poison AoE at the end, but I don't know if that would be overloaded.

Make whip either undodgable or proc of the first CC (no setup whip, but still can be dodged) since it has 3 steps where it can be completely shut down. (Avoid CC, avoid setup, avoid lash, both changes will take it down to two methods of avoiding it)

FOO AoE is cool, won't happen, devs said as much and I kind of agree. I'd like an AoE cauterize though, since it would benefit the group as a unique moving burst/HoT heal around the user. (Vigor is on target) I also thought 1 purge every tick seems fair. Its 4 purges throughout the entire 18s cycle less than templar still, and is a group utility at the cost of melee range and being occasional. Pure heals aren't liked normally, springs works enough.

@ZOS_Wrobel
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.