Maintenance for the week of July 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – July 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – July 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – July 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)

Moon Hunter Keep Walkthrough and Guide (Spoilers)

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
I have gone through the PTS, available to all players, and completed both dungeons on Veteran and thought I'd share the mechanics and strategies. This is a WIP, so I will be editing this main post periodically.

Moon Hunter Keep:
Team Composition Recommended: Tank, Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS (Healer and Ranged DPS is advised to slot an interrupt)

Jailer Melitus (Werewolf Skin NPC) First Boss
Boss:
MHK1.png
Boss Location:
MHK1Map.png
Very basic boss with a couple AOE's to watch out for. Werewolf adds spawn, and do hurt a bit (heavy attacks will one shot DPS and Healers). Cleave down or focus down the adds. Periodically the boss will stun a player, usually the tank, and start charging a heavy attack. This must be interrupted.

Hedge Maze Guardian Second Boss (Lurcher)
Boss:
MHK2.png
Boss and Spriggans Location:
MHK2Map.png
Occasionally the boss will root a player and start doing damage to them. This will kill you if ignored, so to break free you must dodge roll out of roots.
Tank: Keeps boss turned away from others when possible. One large conal AOE to watch out for. Keep boss in the center courtyard. Block all heavy attacks or be one shot.
Healer: Stays with Tank.
DD: The Lurcher is in a hedge maze, and at 80, 55, 35% health, Spriggans will activate to heal the boss back up to the trigger health percentage.
Spriggans must be found and killed. DPS will want to stay together, and NOT spread out when hunting down Spriggans in the maze.
Stranglers are at various locations throughout the maze, and if killed they only are "stunned" for several seconds. Do not worry about killing them. If you are too close to them, they will attack you (minimal damage), or stunlock you and drain your health. If you are stunned, another player must Interrupt the Strangler. That is why DPS need to hunt TOGETHER rather than separate.
Note: Stranglers will only attack depending on how close you are too them, so move by them quickly, and attack spriggans by placing yourself furthest away from the nearby Stranglers.

Mylenne Moon-Caller Third Boss (Alpha Werewolf)
Boss Location:
MHK3Map.png
Occasionally the boss will pounce on a random player, and stunlock them. The boss must be interrupted by another player within approximately 3 seconds or the stunned player will be killed. All players need to keep an eye on the boss at ALL times in case of this pounce.
Tank: Stay near boss. Boss will enrage periodically, increasing its damage done, and this stacks based on how many Shock Wardens are alive. When a Shock Warden dies, an AOE will spawn at its corpse, and boss must be brought through that AOE to get rid of its enraged buff.
Healer: Stay with Tank, and send out plenty of resource gain synergies.
DD: Werewolf adds need to be cleaved down or focused. Shock Warden adds are PRIORITY and are a mechanic. Each Warden alive, adds another Enrage stack to the boss, reducing its damage taken. When Shock Warden dies, it drops an AOE that you must get out of. The tank will deal with the enraged boss by dragging it through that AOE.

Archivist Ernarde Fourth Boss (Color Mage)
Boss and Non-Transformed Adds:
MHK4.png
Boss and Color Locations:
MHK4map.png
The light attacks of this boss will bounce to another player, similar to the Mage on Aetherian Archive. Be mindful and try to block if a light attack is coming to you or a player near you.
Tank: Stay near the entrance of the room, and range taunt boss and any colossal werewolves that have transformed. Do NOT tank the boss in range of the boss's passive AOE on him if adds are up - the boss will not move. That passive AOE will do light damage to you, and will enrage any add that comes into that AOE. Try to keep some distance whenever possible from the group to avoid light attacks bouncing.
Healer: Stay with Tank
DD: Position yourself half way up the stairs on either side of the room. Focus down adds immediately as they spawn, and try to kill them before either turns into a werewolf colossus. Add's spawn in at health percentages so watch your DPS on the main boss, and never DPS main boss while adds are up. If one add does transform into a Colossal Werewolf, focus the non-transformed add first! If the colossal werewolf dies before the other add is killed, that other add will then Transform too, gaining huge buffs.
All players: Color Symbol Mechanic: Four pads of three different colors, for a total of twelve pads with the colored symbol floating above them will spawn around the room. Then the boss will start cycling through the symbols above his head, and each pad will also start randomly cycling its colored symbol. The boss will stop on one of the colored symbols and then all players must find their own pad with the same color symbol the boss landed on. Tank and Healer should prioritize the symbols near the entrance where they are for the duration of the fight, while DDs prioritize the ones on the stairs spread out to find colors in other areas of the room. Hint: While boss is cycling through colored symbols, get a good look of where the aoes are around the room so you have an idea of where your nearest colors are.

Final Boss (Werewolf Khajiit + 2 Pets)
Boss:
Boss and Chain Mechanic:
MHK5Map.png
Tank: Both pets are chained to the wall, and they share a single chain. Meaning that if one pet is pulled out as far as it can be, then the other pet will be forced to stay where it is chained to the wall. Taunt ONE of the pets to the main boss spawn location, and that will keep it at max range and force the other pet to stay still away from other players. Do NOT taunt both pets, only one can be taunted at a time anyway. AOEs and a Fear totem must be watched out for, and keep up block for all heavy attacks. Add's spawn but should not be needed to be taunted (DPS pending).
Healer: Stay in center of arena, and prioritize healing tank most of the fight.
Ranged DPS: Focus down the pet that is chained to the wall. Occasionally this pet will pounce, in game notification will alert you, and this must be dodge rolled.
Melee DPS: Focus down the pet that tank taunted.
DD: Pets will come back at various health percentages (or timer), and they must be focused down using the previous strategy. Focus down the werewolf adds as they spawn as quickly as possible. The werewolf adds can be rooted and snared, so focus them down so tank doesn't have to taunt them. Kite the adds! Their heavy attack will one shot anyone other than the tank, and their light attacks will hurt tremendously. If the tank is aggro'ing main boss, adds and pets, the tank will die. Rinse and repeat on add's and pets, and DPS boss when neither adds or pets are up.(edited)
Screenshots to be expected soon(edited)
Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 13, 2018 3:59AM
North American PC Server
Rren'Ko Tail - Khajiit Nightblade DPS - DC Lieutenant
Ka'zapaws - Khajiit Templar Tank - AD Sergeant
Valaz'Paws - Khajiit Nightblade - AD Captain
Lyle'Ve Paws - Khajiit Warden - AD Rising in Ranks
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to ask since @Aliyavana hasn't yet...did you notice any dialogue acknowledging the player's lycanthropy or lack thereof?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's thorough. Thank you. Now I don't need to even go there. I can just say I did.
    PSN: sonny062699 - No, seriously... Sorry No Seriously. No more serious from this little elf. You do have someplace I can sell all these breeches, yes?
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to ask since @Aliyavana hasn't yet...did you notice any dialogue acknowledging the player's lycanthropy or lack thereof?

No, I played on a werewolf character (never transformed though) but no dialogue specific to me notifying being a werewolf.
    North American PC Server
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I played on a werewolf character (never transformed though) but no dialogue specific to me notifying being a werewolf.

Pity. Thank you! :)
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots uploaded. I missed a couple of them, and will add those shortly. Will continue editing to clarify some mechanics.
    North American PC Server
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome

My Khajiit Werewolf had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

Werewolf specific dialogue when my female werewolf Khajiit engaged with the following NPC

65AZUFa.png

RKRpL07.png
    Edited by Left4Daud on July 13, 2018 1:01PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    My khajiit Werewolf tank had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

:o Where and which one?
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 13, 2018 10:23AM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭
    My khajiit Werewolf tank had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

:o Where and which one?

Added screenshots of the dialogue under a spoiler tag in my original comment, enjoy.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added screenshots of the dialogue under a spoiler tag in my original comment, enjoy.

Thank you! :smiley: